The discovery thread!
Mar 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #7,936 of 100,660
Quote:
Pissssh, some ol' dusty gif. YES CRUSH IT REAL FLAT, JUST LIKE CARDBOARD, YAYYYYY!!! That's how we party around herrr.

Oh you meant to say my for sale list. haha All hype sh!Ts meng, you can't hang with this.
cool.gif
I was like when did i do a gear list, maybe if you been on soompi Khiphop thread then yeah.

Meng $150 gears is a huge leap for my cheap @ss. You see all that budget gears i used to own, probably all added up to no more than $200 haha

Damn Twinksta, you Balla', hook me with a set of silver 70s since you probably don't know how to enjoy budget stuff.  It's gonna be wasted on those expensive ears of yours.
biggrin.gif

edit: oh forgot to say how honored i am that you think i have such sophisticated taste in audio gear, it doesn't get better than beats meng, Someday i will be able to live out my hip hop fantasies but for now, i am a just lowly head-fier with uncool jpnese made junk.
tongue_smile.gif

Get out of the ghetto.

biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #7,939 of 100,660
Naw, but with all of the trolls and such, it does get off track now and then 
wink.gif

Dont worry, it will get back OT soon enough.

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #7,940 of 100,660
Quote:
Naw, but with all of the trolls and such, it does get off track now and then 
wink.gif

Dont worry, it will get back OT soon enough.

Or until someone discovers the next big thing (or over hyped toy)!

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #7,941 of 100,660
Mar 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #7,942 of 100,660
So the XBA-30 sounds perfect to my ears and I'm almost sure it will be my daily IEM for a while.. Now on to a full sized.. Does the sony mdr-1r sound like the xba-3/30 or does it have it's own sound signature/flavor? I'm about to buy a pair but I don't want the same exact sound.. If anyone has heard both I'd greatly appreciate a quick comparison nothing too detailed

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #7,943 of 100,660
WHAT TROLLS,  WHAT HYPE TOYS??? Nah i think you'll are talking about that other thread.
wink_face.gif

Anywho back to business, has anyone tried these ATH CKN 70s with the stock tips from the MH1Cs. I love those tips and it seems like they are really similar to the hybrid tips sony makes.

So can someone give those MH1C tips a spin with their CKN 70s and compare how they sound to the sony hybrids if you do own both??? Thanks in advance!!!
beerchug.gif

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #7,944 of 100,660
Quote:
WHAT TROLLS,  WHAT HYPE TOYS??? Nah i think you'll are talking about that other thread.
wink_face.gif

Anywho back to business, has anyone tried these ATH CKN 70s with the stock tips from the MH1Cs. I love those tips and it seems like they are really similar to the hybrid tips sony makes.

So can someone give those MH1C tips a spin with their CKN 70s and compare how they sound to the sony hybrids if you do own both??? Thanks in advance!!!
beerchug.gif

I can give it a try tonight when I get off work. I tried them both before, and I think I remember liking the MH1C tips better.

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #7,946 of 100,660
Quote:
So the XBA-30 sounds perfect to my ears and I'm almost sure it will be my daily IEM for a while.. Now on to a full sized.. Does the sony mdr-1r sound like the xba-3/30 or does it have it's own sound signature/flavor? I'm about to buy a pair but I don't want the same exact sound.. If anyone has heard both I'd greatly appreciate a quick comparison nothing too detailed

They don't sound anything alike to me.  The XBA-3's have a smoother presentation and the bass sounds fuller on the 3's.  
Quote:
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

MH1C tips work well.  Slightly more comfortable over the hybrids.  Get that Z100 review up dude.  
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #7,947 of 100,660
Quote:
They don't sound anything alike to me.  The XBA-3's have a smoother presentation and the bass sounds fuller on the 3's.  
MH1C tips work well.  Slightly more comfortable over the hybrids.  Get that Z200 review up dude.  
wink.gif

I can't write my review of the FXZ200s yet, if i do it's not gonna do them justice. My initial impressions stating that i wasn't completely floored by them still stands, and that i need an amp to really see how they will shine. I got an Fiio E17 and a CKN 70 from fellow head-fiers all coming in next week, so i'll do a write up after i test the FXZ200s with that amp. But my noob @ss has got to learn how to use an amp 1st. LoL Then i am hoping to do a comparo between those CKN70s, but right now my gut is telling me i might not like the FXZ200s as much as the 70s.

Like i posted earlier, i seem to prefer the sound signatures/ tuning of micro/ CNT iem a lot more than the traditional dynamic types. The JVC FXZ line are triple dynamics right??? I think i kinda like the more "artificial" sounds of micro/ CNT gears because they sound more fun/ engaging.

Oh Danny what tips are you using for you FXZs, cuz i found that the red medium radio-shack auvio tips is the most comfy and sounds the best for me. Though i don't have that much tips around, but i do know that the FXZ stock tips are really lackluster in both comfort/ sound and these are really tip dependent sadly.

Mar 10, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #7,948 of 100,660
Quote:
I can't write my review of the FXZ200s yet, if i do it's not gonna do them justice. My initial impressions stating that i wasn't completely floored by them still stands, and that i need an amp to really see how they will shine. I got an Fiio E17 and a CKN 70 from fellow head-fiers all coming in next week, so i'll do a write up after i test the FXZ200s with that amp. But my noob @ss has got to learn how to use an amp 1st. LoL Then i am hoping to do a comparo between those CKN70s, but right now my gut is telling me i might not like the FXZ200s as much as the 70s.

Like i posted earlier, i seem to prefer the sound signatures/ tuning of micro/ CNT iem a lot more than the traditional dynamic types. The JVC FXZ line are triple dynamics right??? I think i kinda like the more "artificial" sounds of micro/ CNT gears because they sound more fun/ engaging.

Oh Danny what tips are you using for you FXZs, cuz i found that the red medium radio-shack auvio tips is the most comfy and sounds the best for me. Though i don't have that much tips around, but i do know that the FXZ stock tips are really lackluster in both comfort/ sound and these are really tip dependent sadly.

Well, if the FXZ200s are disappointing for you then you have a potential buyer :wink:

Mar 10, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #7,949 of 100,660
Quote:

I forgot that you went for the 200's.  I actually love the sound of the nanotubes too.  Especially the CKN70's.  Mine are going on 60 plus hours now and I notice the changes already.  The treble was bugging me at the beginning but its tamed some.  It's a full spectrum sound on that little earphone.  Sounds huge to me and among the top iem's so far no doubt.  As for tips, I like the stock tips for some reason.  I usually go with Auveo's with many of my iem's but FXZ's are tricky with fit so the stock works well for me.  Can't wait for you to get your amp and especially those 70's.  

Mar 10, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #7,950 of 100,660
Quote:
Well, if the FXZ200s are disappointing for you then you have a potential buyer :wink:

LoL, don't try to low ball me cuz that's what i do best. 
biggrin.gif

Well, they sound amazing with some albums but for others they are pretty meh. That damn ghost was right, when he said these FXZs renders some things beautifully while others not as much. But it could be my source cuz i am driving them straight out of my lamo ipod classic/ nano on flat EQ. Though it drives them adequately at high volumes there just seems to be something missing for me. This is how i know these FXZ200s are juice monsters and i have read others posting they scale beautifully with more power provided by amps and such.

Man oh man, with certain albums they sound freaken amazing, i never got that 2.1 speaker system effect that a lot of posters stated cuz they sound more like full size headphones that have deep lovely sub bass. The bass region on these suckas are amazing, but i just wish it was more of the lush variant like those in micro/ CNT drivers.

edit: If JVC makes an tripleX iem entirely made of micro/ CNT drivers then my god, it's game OVA!!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back