The discovery thread!
Dec 14, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #5,596 of 100,489
My seller confirmed she has sent out another EL-D01 to me at no cost.  Really awesome of her to do.  I don't know how head-fi handles endorsements but I would gladly recommend her ebay listing to anyone who asks.  FWIW it came from HK and got here (just north of Miami, FL) in 13 days, so relative to other stories pretty fast on shipping too.

Dec 14, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #5,597 of 100,489
Over the course of a week, my Ele DAC left Shanghai on the 6th, then suddenly ended up in Springfield, Mass. (of all places) yesterday the 13th. The package left there sometime today.

Mine left Shanghai on the 5th, checked earlier today and still no updates. :frowning2:

The usb cable that I ordered yesterday got here already, taunting me.

Dec 14, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #5,598 of 100,489
Quote:
Quote:
Over the course of a week, my Ele DAC left Shanghai on the 6th, then suddenly ended up in Springfield, Mass. (of all places) yesterday the 13th. The package left there sometime today.

Mine left Shanghai on the 5th, checked earlier today and still no updates.
frown.gif

The usb cable that I ordered yesterday got here already, taunting me.

What USB cable did you order?

Dec 14, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #5,599 of 100,489
Quote:
My seller confirmed she has sent out another EL-D01 to me at no cost.  Really awesome of her to do.  I don't know how head-fi handles endorsements but I would gladly recommend her ebay listing to anyone who asks.  FWIW it came from HK and got here (just north of Miami, FL) in 13 days, so relative to other stories pretty fast on shipping too.

Who is this seller? I got mine from a HK seller as well on the 21st of last month. LoL Have yet to get a shipped email or anything. It is probably on it's way already but there is no tracking no nothing so............ the wait is getting to me as well. haha

But still not as bad as WAYNE's thirst.
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #5,600 of 100,489
lu_cytime208  -  And I just checked the package and it seems it came from Shenzen, China.  Not sure if that's near HK or what.  Came via China Post with a joint label from USPS.  Her listings, once bought, also present a table with percentages for delivery timeframe.  Mine came pretty quickly, in the top 25% IIRC.  I would definitely message her with color clarification no matter what the listing shows, but like I said she immediately offered to send me a new one after I explained my situation.

Dec 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #5,606 of 100,489
Quote:
So XBA3 level too? What is the sound signature? Hows the build quality?

Yep. It's balanced, with much better low end presence than I was expecting. These things can pound when called for. Clarity is a slight step above the GR07, but it's not as spacious. 

I can't believe no one's talking about this!

Dec 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #5,608 of 100,489
Quote:
Tiny little buggers, too...hmmm...I'll keep them on tap for a crappy day impulse buy 
tongue.gif

And they weigh next to nothing. 

I've been listening to some trance, classical and jazz with them. They don't miss a single beat!

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #5,610 of 100,489
High praise, and a good price!.... but alas, no such deal Canada (or Amazon.ca).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back