The discovery thread!
Nov 21, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #4,907 of 99,838
Quote:
One question though - how the hell did you manage to wear them over ear? do you invert the l/r buds?

Nope. Just bring the cable around the back of your ear, then turn them so the black side with the L/R on it points outward. Now the tip should point directly at your ear-canal and you just need to push them in. Voilà!
When I get home I'll provide some photos for easier reference.

P.S.: My ear-canal seems to have a slight downward tendency. Maybe that's why over-ear is easier for me. Just a guess though.

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #4,909 of 99,838
Well guys. This is one that I didn't see coming..So I just got a new DAC. This little unit.

So for all you guys that are cheapos. Need something that sounds WAY better than your onboard sound card? Aha let me put it this way. This thing cost $19 shipped to you..LOL. This thing is stupid. This can't sound this good for this little cash..Get one of these. Packing my AUNE T1.

Now this unit uses the volume from your computer so it has no amp portion. If you want something that has more power this unit here.

Costs $49 shipped and has a little amp portion for your earphones. This unit uses the same DAC chip that the ELe uses but I like the big volume nob on this one..This is called the SMSL Fort. 

I am quite surprised right now. shocked more like it. I have been listening to the AUNE T1 $200 dac/amp the whole time I had it and then I get this little unit. And it sounds just as good? Lol!

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #4,910 of 99,838
Quote:
Well guys. This is one that I didn't see coming..So I just got a new DAC. This little unit.

So for all you guys that are cheapos. Need something that sounds WAY better than your onboard sound card? Aha let me put it this way. This thing cost $19 shipped to you..LOL. This thing is stupid. This can't sound this good for this little cash..Get one of these. Packing my AUNE T1.

WHATTTTTTT?!!! You were just going nuts over how the T1s sounded better than your FP and you are sending them back cuz of these cheapo $20 DAC??? LoL This guy.

So what is wrong with the T1s, unless i am mistaken that packing up doesn't mean sending them back.

Oh and linky to this cheapo please!!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #4,911 of 99,838
Nothing wrong with the T1. I like it actually but here is the thing. I own the Bravo tube amp which is pretty much the same thing minus the dac portion of it. IF you guys need a all in one DAC/AMP the T1 is a very nice unit. However.

I threw on this little Ele DAC on my bravo and guess what. It sounds just as good. So there is no need for me to have 2 tube amps that sound very similar if you know what I mean.. So I am not saying this $20 DAC is better than the AUNE T1. It is only a simple DAC but once I hook this up to my Bravo it becomes what the AUNE T1 is. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #4,912 of 99,838
These come in black blue red and silver the one I got. This one is black. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELE-EL-D01-MINI-HIFI-USB-PCM2704-DAC-BOARD-CARD-ELNA-Capacitor-New-/120985506266?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2b4c51da 

Completely shocked at how good this sounds. Lol! This guy is selling it for $18.

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #4,913 of 99,838
Quote:
Nothing wrong with the T1. I like it actually but here is the thing. I own the Bravo tube amp which is pretty much the same thing minus the dac portion of it. IF you guys need a all in one DAC/AMP the T1 is a very nice unit. However.

I threw on this little Ele DAC on my bravo and guess what. It sounds just as good. So there is no need for me to have 2 tube amps that sound very similar if you know what I mean.. So I am not saying this $20 DAC is better than the AUNE T1. It is only a simple DAC but once I hook this up to my Bravo it becomes what the AUNE T1 is. 

Oh coolios, how do they sound without it hooked up to that amazing Bravo of yours? With just that cheapo $20 DAC connected to your lappy's USB port? Damn that Bravo tube amp sure looks kick@ss though. LoL

edit: The blue one looks real "spiffy" might get that one.
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #4,914 of 99,838
I am listening to it right now just hooked up to my laptop. AMAZING!. Lol! Get yourself a nice upgrade to your lame onboard sound. Seriously I had no idea something this cheap could sound this nice. Plenty of volume coming from my laptop. No need for an amp. Especially since most of you guys just use iems. I am listening to this using my full sized HD595 right now.

Seriously if we did a blind test from the AUNE T1 and from this cheapo $18 dac. I bet you guys would have a hard time figuring out which one has the better sound. It is quite astonishing.. Seriously trust a bro. Though I do have a stern warning. This will be your gateway to DACs.. WARNING!!! 

This DAC comes with just the box and no usb. And I know we argued a bit about USB cords and such. If you do plan on getting this. Get yourself a nicer cheaper audio USB cable like I did..

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #4,915 of 99,838
Hi,
I have a custom made computer right, (I didn't personally make it)
Now the thing is that whenever I plug in my headphones, or earbuds, there is this light hissing sound.
Its really weird.
I was wondering that if I got this ELE, would this go away?
Or is this a problem with my onboard sound card or whatever.
Keep in mind I don't know much about computers, or how to fix them :)
Thanks

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #4,917 of 99,838
What's the tone like? Is it on the cooler side of the spectrum? I prefer a cool tone and that would help when I listen to stuff like the FX700/Miles Davis Tributes/Trumpets. But not so cold that it will make my ER4s too cold sounding, for instance.

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #4,918 of 99,838
Quote:
What's the tone like? Is it on the cooler side of the spectrum? I prefer a cool tone and that would help when I listen to stuff like the FX700/Miles Davis Tributes/Trumpets. But not so cold that it will make my ER4s too cold sounding, for instance.

The AUNE T1 was a bit on the bright side which was odd for a tube amp as the tube is supposed to warm up the sounds a bit but I actually found some tunes to have sibilance which I didn't like. The sound on this Ele Hi fi unit is neutral a bit on the cool side of sound but not bright like the T1..

Again another reason why I am sending the T1 back. I suppose it was meant to be when I ordered all these DAC/AMPS getting the AUNE T1 and then this cheapo dac. Lol. Amazing. For the cost seriously guys. I am not kidding this beats the poo out of your onboard sound and will be an upgrade to it in every single way. I have another one coming to me here soon but this one I am shocked with. It sounds great. A very nice clean transparent sound..I was thinking. Ya this little unit is gonna just be ok maybe.

More than OK. Get one and hear it for yourself it is shocking how good it sounds. I am way more surprised about this DAC than the AUNE T1. Way more. This DAC don't cost as much as some CDs yet the sound I am hearing. My goodness. I eagerly await what you guys have to say about how this sounds.. Try one out..

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #4,919 of 99,838
Quote:
I am listening to it right now just hooked up to my laptop. AMAZING!. Lol! Get yourself a nice upgrade to your lame onboard sound. Seriously I had no idea something this cheap could sound this nice. Plenty of volume coming from my laptop. No need for an amp. Especially since most of you guys just use iems. I am listening to this using my full sized HD595 right now.

Seriously if we did a blind test from the AUNE T1 and from this cheapo $18 dac. I bet you guys would have a hard time figuring out which one has the better sound. It is quite astonishing.. Seriously trust a bro. Though I do have a stern warning. This will be your gateway to DACs.. WARNING!!! 

LoL that's why I don't even listen to music on my stupid lappy cuz of the hissing noise from audio port, thinks the stupid HDD is right next to it. haha What a dumb design.  So there is no hiss at all even when using sensitive iems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back