The discovery thread!
Nov 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #4,891 of 100,558
Quote:
Cool. I may have to purchase a pair then 
normal_smile%20.gif

How many hours of burn in is recommended for the MH1C's? I'm guessing not as long compared to the S500's?

Well i got a raw driver pair that sounded like crappy boomy bass cannons and it took me like 4 days on full blast to get the magical sound a lot of people were hearing on open bag. You might get lucky as a lots of people had with a well burned in pair that sounds great from the start, if not burn them to hell for like a week and you will get that crazy nice smooth refined sound these MH1Cs offer. Good luck! 
beerchug.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #4,893 of 100,558
Quote:
Cool. I may have to purchase a pair then 
normal_smile%20.gif

How many hours of burn in is recommended for the MH1C's? I'm guessing not as long compared to the S500's?

S500 are like the big brother of the Mh1,  bigger bass (faster
biggrin.gif
  ), more mids more highs, bigger and thicker sound, more details.  Thats stock.
The only reason i would pick the MH1 over my S500 would be if i am gonna walk or i am running, i am old so i dont use these phones on the street just at home/office. 
wink_face.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #4,894 of 100,558
Sorry Ds, cant read so many pages.
Whats the Price? 

Thanks

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #4,895 of 100,558
Quote:
Sorry Ds, cant read so many pages.
Whats the Price? 

Thanks

This one is a bit spendy over the others but right now. I would say it was well worth the money. $200. But and I say but. I know better to reserve judgement until everything is broken in around 100 hours. So far.. impressed.. The sound is easily at a nice high quality level.

These tubes need a burn in as much as the components. I can tell everything is not quite 100% as the sound initially was somewhat hard sounding. Best way to describe and a tad on the bright side. But even now the sound is smoothing out. Vocals already sound liquid..Testing bass. Sounds full clean very much textured using my UE6000..I can tell this will overtake the Fire Phoenix already in SQ even at an early stage as the sound is already comparable.  Also very powerful. 3 gain settings will drive any can. Big external power brick is a good indicator.  Now I understand why AUNE will not budge on the price of these..Now I can see why there were some hoopla over this T1s online.

I am very much surprised headfiers have not looked at this little unit..I think for the cost this has to be one of the best sounds that I have heard to date.

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #4,898 of 100,558
Quote:
S500?  waiting for impressions
biggrin.gif

i am adicted to CNT

Some random initial impressions out of the box after a two hour three way between the XB90EX, MH1C and S500:
- both the XB90EX and the S500 sound more lively than the MH1C. Maybe I'm just too used to the sound of the MH1C but the other seem to have a tad more "sparkly" highs.
- bass is the name of the game. XB90EX is the winner but the S500 can hold it's own. before I had these two I thought the MH1Cs had a good amount of bass but the amount, clarity and texture of the other two is just ridiculous good
basshead.gif

- staging of the XB90EX is my favorite between the three
- in comparison the S500 seem a bit veiled. is this something that changes with burn-in? also comfort with these is surprisingly good for on-ears. still considering the MH5 pad mod though.
- more after I got some much needed sleep and some more time with these...

some of the tracks used:
Nalepa - Monday (The Glitch Mob Remix)
mitch murder - airwolf (cover)
Christopher Tin - Baba yetu (Best Game Theme ever):

Beethovens Symphony No 9 - 4 (a.k.a Ode to joy) (Video only for reference, you should use a better version):

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #4,902 of 100,558
Quote:

Dood. I freaking love this song. and other songs like it.

Example. this one is gibberish but is so interestingly beautiful. (pardon the horrible audio quality)

That's no gibberish, it's latin :wink:

Did you ever listen to Christopher Tin's "Calling All Dawns" Album? It's fantastic and shows, why that guy has two grammys. Twelve tracks all in different styles and with vocals in different languages. More info an listening: http://christophertin.com/callingalldawns.html
Quote:
kwerdenker,  glad you like your XB90EX :) Burn them in and change the tips for wide bore ones - it will become even better :D

Since my burn in station is currently occupied by the S500, they will have to burn in "on the go". Currently trying them with the tips from the MH1C and they work quite well, though the jury is still out if these or the hybrid tips are better with them
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh and on a sidenote: XB90EX over-ear is

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #4,904 of 100,558
Sorry for asking this, but I haven't been in here for a while and the thread has EXPLODED. Are there any 'bassy' earbuds/IEMs that are recommended to try out? The pair I have at the minute is the JVC HA-FX101 but that was off hundreds of pages ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back