The discovery thread!
Nov 9, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #4,741 of 100,505
Quote:
Will do, hope is bangs.
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, they "bang" all right LOL! Actually, if you want some progressive rock that "bangs", well, I think you'll need something a bit heavier. Hmm, this might do. Crank up them S500's boys!:

Edit: Oops - not the S500 thread... Crank up whatever you're listening to lol!:

Nov 10, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #4,744 of 100,505
Did you listen to them? And where to get, looks like Amazon doesn't list it.

3580 and 3680 are reported to sound exactly the same,  check Joe's thread.

I said no such thing. The 3680 has warmer midbass and less high mids. I prefer the 3580 but to each his own. :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 10, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #4,750 of 100,505
So my quest for the greatest DAC/AMP combo for the cash has lead me to this interesting looking item.

Called an AUNE T1..While I was searching those cheapo DACs on ebay I kept on landing on one of these. I told myself if these sound as good as they look these can be something special in the world of DAC/AMPs.. This one is a bit pricy compared to the others and does cost 2X as more as a Fire Phoenix. The read online are composed of some very lofty claims for these and it seems to be a regular theme when describing the sound that is coming out of these. So I just ordered one. I will have 2 sub $50 DACs and this $200 AUNE T1 to check out very soon. I will compare this to the others I have..If these sound like what the guys are describing online.  I think this is what I have been looking for in sound hardware, and one I can tune by changing the tubes on here.

I know with the money I spent I could have easily bought a high end DAP. But you know what, I recently figured out that I love my tube amp from my Bravo. So much so I decided to take the next step and try something higher end..Considering high end DAC/AMPs can cost in the thousands. I will throw this one in as being cheaper dac/amp...I eagerly look forward to hearing this AUNE T1. And I will report back here with what I hope is the best sounding dac/amp my ears have ever heard..

Nov 10, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #4,752 of 100,505
Quote:
So my quest for the greatest DAC/AMP combo for the cash has lead me to this interesting looking item.

Called an AUNE T1..While I was searching those cheapo DACs on ebay I kept on landing on one of these. I told myself if these sound as good as they look these can be something special in the world of DAC/AMPs.. This one is a bit pricy compared to the others and does cost 2X as more as a Fire Phoenix. The read online are composed of some very lofty claims for these and it seems to be a regular theme when describing the sound that is coming out of these. So I just ordered one. I will have 2 sub $50 DACs and this $200 AUNE T1 to check out very soon. I will compare this to the others I have..If these sound like what the guys are describing online.  I think this is what I have been looking for in sound hardware, and one I can tune by changing the tubes on here.

I know with the money I spent I could have easily bought a high end DAP. But you know what, I recently figured out that I love my tube amp from my Bravo. So much so I decided to take the next step and try something higher end..Considering high end DAC/AMPs can cost in the thousands. I will throw this one in as being cheaper dac/amp...I eagerly look forward to hearing this AUNE T1. And I will report back here with what I hope is the best sounding dac/amp my ears have ever heard..

I'm just glad that I'm still happy with my clip zip and sgs2. How long that will last is anyone's guess lol.

Nov 10, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #4,753 of 100,505
It's a slippery slope...once you have a high end DAC (which is considered inexpensive at $500-1000, middling at about $2500-4,000, and the sky's the limit for the really "good" stuff), then you need a preamp/amp/speakers which can do these justice (you won't hear any better sound than your weakest link, so a $3000 DA converter playing through a $200 receiver and Radio Shack speakers would be a total waste, couldn't hear what the DA can do), next thing you know, you're mortgaging the house, selling the car, working 3 jobs...

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #4,754 of 100,505
Well the MH1Cs have arrived today, and initially am not so impressed,
I have been listening to the R1's for the past few days and they have just been brilliant for me,
Hopefully with a lot more burn in they should be a whole lot better.
They just don't seem to wow me at the moment,

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #4,755 of 100,505
I must say... I'm enjoying the MH1C over my R1 and FXD80.

So far the double flange included with the  R1 works best for on these for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back