The discovery thread!
Oct 31, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #4,381 of 100,723
SoundMAGIC HP200 review is up, take a look, they need some marketing

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/634186

Oct 31, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #4,382 of 100,723
SoundMAGIC HP200 review is up, take a look, they need some marketing

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/634186

No kidding. I didn't even know there was a HP100 until a minute ago.

Great review by the way! :)

EDIT

4b7593af_LL.png

e1cd9522_lololol.gif

Oct 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #4,383 of 100,723
Yes, they desperately need exposure... I'll let them know actually

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #4,384 of 100,723
ClieOS just posted a link for the guy that created the MH1 earphones. If you guys have any questions Take a look at this thread. http://www.head-fi.org/t/634193/sony-mh1-r-d-story-and-discussion#post_8827110

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #4,385 of 100,723
Son i hope you meant to say $18 dollars, you got robbed if you paid $180 for it, although that might be their actually sound worth haha but still....

well i just paid 20 dollars, the rest i paid to SONY in appreciation for making such an awesome product!! 

@swalcerdfarrwtas 

Dsnuts is the one that started the CKM500 thread, but I wasn't even talking about that

wat exactly on earth were you talking about ? 

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #4,386 of 100,723
Quote:
We have to keep things into perspective guys. It is not every day earphones like the MH1C come around at the price. I think if we actually bought them boxed up at retail price of $60-$80ish I don't know if we would be praising them as much but even at that price they are worth getting. These are a rarity and something this community should all try out that is for certain. I did notice some similarities in refinement from these to the FXDs. These seem to be Sonys version of the Micro HD tech..

If you guys have them listen to this tune. Gives you a great idea how refined these are.

But this sound for $20ish? Nothing but the golden nuts. Thanks for the perfect trophy Sfwalcer.

haha no problem, glad these sony MH1Cs got yo' golden nuts............. trophy that is.  Man I can't wait to get them, damn amazon hurry up with the delivery. LoL Will see how they stack up to my FXD70s when I do some proper burn-in on these. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #4,387 of 100,723
I have the Sony Ericsson HPM-78 so not really interested in the MH1C but I did grab a couple new phones...
The ECCI PR200MKII version(usually $40-$44 shipped but Light In The Box had them for $24.99 shipped)

and the Stress Free earphones for $14.99...

Decent tips, cute box, metal construction with nice housing and cord slider, odd sized 8.6mm driver, and the M2/R03 style braided cable made me curious enough to add them to the cart.

So, it was like I bought the ECCI(a fan since the PR1 Pro) for the normal price but got a second phone to try out as well.

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #4,388 of 100,723
You gonna have to give us an impression of the sounds Jant. Any good?.. Wish you did have a MH1s so you can compare..Some info on the ECCIs

Introduction:
ECCI, a well-known Chinese audiophile-level music facility manufacturer was founded by a famous tuner, AMP designer "Mr. Zombie" in 2007. The completed tuning, the balanced and more listening sound make up a more surprising sound field, reconstruction and Layering. And It has an incomparablly balanced adjustmnet.
Color: Black
Speaker Diameter: 9mm
Speaker Sensitivity: 105dB
Speaker Impendance: 16Ω
Speaker Frequency Response: 18 Hz - 22,000 Hz
Plug Type: 3.5mm
Cable Length: 1.3m

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #4,389 of 100,723
If your talking about the HPM-78, it is a  plasticky little thing and has a 16" cord cause you clip the MW600 to your collar but ClieOS' comparison( GR07 and MH1C) sounds the same to what I heard with the HPM78 vs the GR07. Lower reaching bass better mids, beter depth and layering, more fun, smooth treble that is extended and present but smoother. Also harder to drive like some mentioned in the MH1 thread. Sounds like they where tuned to the same target even though the 78 has a 9.2mm driver. I liked the HPM-78 better than the ASG-1 and the GR07 when using UE clear tips. The HPM-78 thread has them being liked better than the EX1000, Denon D2000, and some other quality phones.

If you meant the ECCI, etc., I just ordered. I did have the PR100 and PR200 on loan from Joker. Long time ago but my impressions where the same as his for the old PR200. I'm hoping the MKII will be a nice improvement and the $24.99 price makes them a really good value. The nice case with the self sealing zipper(see the above pic) and rubber nameplate is really nice and a good size.

I will be able to compare the HPM78 and the ECCI.

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #4,390 of 100,723
If you guys don't know. Jant here is a true pioneer in discoveries. He is responsible for many a new earphones on these threads and will out of the blue come up with a good one and has contributed much to headfi with his ability to track down stuff most have never seen or heard of. If memory serves me correct he was the first to post about the HA-S500 and many others.  So pay attention to what this man posts. As always appreciate your natural curiosity there Jant and your ability to find them earphones.

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #4,392 of 100,723
Quote:
Which one would  you guys prefer the HA-FX40 or the HA-FX80 cause im considering of buying new ones

Well there has been a new one that just came out that I think would be a good buy for you and won't cost much. Try out a new MH1C. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Livesound-Headphones-Earphones-Head-sets/dp/B008CCSD7K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8  I would definitely try out one of these.

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #4,393 of 100,723
So here is one I am curious about. Just curious of course. These have dual drivers in a bud formation. Take a look

Fanny Wang Buds. I bet the bass is crazy on these.

1. Massive air chambers for thumping bass while keeping amazingly clear mids and highs
  2. Dynamic Dual Driver Design: 10mm-16ohm Woofer and a 6mm-16ohm Tweeter
  3. Ergonomic silicon tips included to direct the sound into your ear without discomfort
  4. Includes in-line microphone with iPod control  Around $80 I think there was another thread some dude was gonna get these to try out. They could be poo but they could be something out of the blue. Curious.

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #4,394 of 100,723
Here's a review...http://the-gadgeteer.com/2012/10/30/fanny-wang-wang-buds-earphones-review/

They do look like they stick out a bit. Would have been nice to have an additional open style silicone set that would hold them in your ear cause with the 6mm in front you probably won't be able to just use them with foams/as standard earbuds. Shame to be stuck if they have more bass than desired. Curious as well but not as well thought out as they could have been for fit. Has some modding possibilities though. Cable looks nice.

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #4,395 of 100,723
It seems like most [size=100%]earphones[/size] and headphones that I’ve tried either have excellent bass or great highs, but not both. Lately I’ve noticed that headphone makers are all about bass, which leaves everything else sounding a bit muddy to my ears. I’m very happy to report that the Wang Buds have very good bass and very good clarity. I tested them with all my favorite tunes across different genres including Rock, Country, Smooth Jazz and Electronic. To my ears they sound much better than Apple earbuds (at least the original style buds) which isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement since those earbuds are freebies.  They also sounded better to me than some very expensive over ear style headphones. Fanny Wang Wang Buds are one of my current favorite earphones and I would recommend them to anyone who does not like in-ear style buds.

Better than Apple earbuds. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back