The discovery thread!
Oct 30, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #4,321 of 100,525
Quote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-XBA-3SL-Triple-Balanced-Armature-In-ear-Headphones-Brand-New-Sale-Sony-/221140639414?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item337d025eb6

I was listening to these on the way to work this morning. As great sounding as these new HM1Cs you guys are listening to. These polishes that sound to a sheen. This price for these with free shipping is a solid deal.

Quote:
Thanks Dsnuts! I'll wait for the MH1c.

I bought the SHE3580 for $6. Never for my life really enjoy music, partly not my hobby, partly probably because all the normal earbuds. The 3580 really open my ears. The Marshalls store has a lot of SHE3580 for $6 or $7 depends on color. I may buy one more for back up.[size=8pt][/size]

Thanks again for your help![size=8pt][/size]

Yup.. having to wait for my MH1c's has just saved me $215! I vowed to slow down and not buy anything until after I have had a chance to get to know my fxd70's and mh1c's (both of which I haven't received yet), and dammit - that's what I'm going to do! For once, resistance is not futile!

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #4,324 of 100,525
So it seems our friends north of the border are getting the deals. They aren't quite $100 but close at $129.99

If you guys know anyone in Canada that can snap you up a pair.. http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/sony-sony-premium-in-ear-headphones-xba3-black-xba3/10194279.aspx?path=0405ff318862cbf67aaada276c1876d2en02

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #4,325 of 100,525
Quote:
So it seems our friends north of the border are getting the deals. They aren't quite $100 but close at $129.99

If you guys know anyone in Canada that can snap you up a pair.. http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/sony-sony-premium-in-ear-headphones-xba3-black-xba3/10194279.aspx?path=0405ff318862cbf67aaada276c1876d2en02

Dangerous place. Resistance. . . please. . . stay furtile, not futile...

I was so happy that they were >=$200 now so that I couldn't even consider them.

$129 (plus taxes of course) would be $144. I have r1's and mh1c's/fxd70's on the way. Do I need the xba3's? As soon as I get them, would this thread be making me want to get yet some other iem's? It really must stop for me you know!

The one positive for me getting them from FS is that I could return them if I like. Hmmm!

Edit: I just read your xba3 thread. It's not helping my resistance:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633755/xba-3-overlooked-the-appreciation-thread

I suppose I could sell my fxd70's without even opening them...

Edit#2: this from your review is what's killing my resistance...

Quote:
I have quickly become a fan of the mids on these earphones. Very accurate and detailed..I read many a review on these earphones but I had no idea just how good the mids were until now. It seems Sony takes their mids very seriously. Every single Sony headphone and earphone I have had always had good to outstanding mids and these are perhaps the best I have heard to date..The meat of your tunes reside in the mids and the accuracy these convey is. Dare I say perfect..These earphones really shine with instrument and vocal presentation that is some of the best I have heard.

Not only that, but DannyBai's and dweaver's endorsements...

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #4,327 of 100,525
WAYNENUMM I'm in exactly the same predicament, MH1C in the mail and now we have  tonight and tomorrow for the FS discount on the XBA3. 
Will they or won't they go on sale this cheap again? Do I wait?  Will they be that much different? Do I spend that on the T-PEOS instead?

what to do.

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #4,328 of 100,525
WAYNENUMM. You live in Canada. I had no idea. If you get 100 Pms don't blame me. Lol. It seems FS is the only place that sells these at this price. The previous deal I got mine from was a once in a life time opportunity but these @ $130. Any other earphone I would have told you to wait for your excellent FXD70 and MH1Cs to arrive but these? Sorry man. I should have put on a Waynenumm block on this thread.

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #4,330 of 100,525
Quote:
FXD80s is not so forgiving of lower bitrate tunes. Gotta make sure your tunes are high quality and these will shine for you. Plus the burn in of course.

I've noticed, I was just freaking out because I thought maybe I had a defective pair or broke them or something but after extensive listening, I figured out it was just the song. I'm really enjoying these out of my sansa clip+ and these seem to require about the same burn in time as k701s...

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #4,332 of 100,525
Hey guys, just a little off topic but can anyone help me make up a few desktop/portable rigs with the discovery thread/best bang for buck headphones. 

It would be nice if the overall cost (without source) was $300 because that is about how much I will get when I sell my PS3/Games. 

I'm thinking... iPhone 4S ($0) -> Fiio E17 ($135) -> JVC FX40, Sony MH1C, and Koss KSC75 modded for a few different signatures. 

Suggestions and your own best bang for buck rigs would be appreciated :D

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #4,334 of 100,525
Quote:
WAYNENUMM I'm in exactly the same predicament, MH1C in the mail and now we have  tonight and tomorrow for the FS discount on the XBA3. 
Will they or won't they go on sale this cheap again? Do I wait?  Will they be that much different? Do I spend that on the T-PEOS instead?

what to do.

This is a dangerous place Nick! Resistance will probably be futile for me. It's a sickness I'm afraid - I can't shake the spell of dsnuts - and I will probably end up breaking down and getting them. They might go on sale down to $100 again, but $130 is pretty close. I would just like to get an iem that I am really happy with and that keeps me off of head-fi for a while!, but to also keep the expense somewhat under control. For some reason, I get the feeling (the hope) that the xba3's might be the right balance (although a few weeks back, I thought that the fxd70's would be the right balance lol!).

I just put in a "I'd like to return my R1" request to mp4nation (as opposed to trying to sell them here). Even without considering the xba3's, and even though I like the R1's, I can't justify keeping them along with the mh1c's and the fxd70's. If I do get the xba3's, then (a) I'll probably consider selling my "as yet unlistened to" fxd70's (although I got them for $60, so I might keep them); and (b) I will ban myself from head-fi because I don't want to read about dsnuts' adventures with the cks99 or the fxz200 or whatever he next ventures into!

One great thing is that I am really happy with my S500's, so at least I am not feeling the need to get more headphones.

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #4,335 of 100,525
Quote:
Out of curiosity, where in that order would you put the XB90s Dsnuts?
smily_headphones1.gif

Sub bass? XB90EX > FAD Adagio III. The Adagio IIIs come close. Both have strong sub bass. The funny thing is I can change a tip on the Adagios and all of a sudden the sub bass is even stronger. It is a crazy tip dependent iem. I have never heard an iem change so much with a tip change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back