The discovery thread!
Oct 28, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #4,201 of 100,520
Quote:
This is madness, my pair of Brainwavz R1 is still on the way and I already feel like scoring the Sony MH1C.

Please tell me that I shouldn't......
triportsad.gif

You don't have to get the MHC1s. But I will tell you. You will be missing out on probably one of the best discoveries this year. Lol..

Well guys. I have my Clip hooked up to my Bravo amp and I have to say. The sound of the MHC1s on this little combo is brilliant. It has actually gotten better than even yesterday. They seem to be getting better and better and they do like more power than stock sources but sound great on DAPS alone.These are gonna surprise you guys..

These require some serious burn in it seems for them to really show what they are about.

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #4,202 of 100,520
The more and more I have been listening to them the more I realized these need more than the discovery thread. New thread fellas. Take a look. http://www.head-fi.org/t/633755/xba-3-overlooked-the-appreciation-thread

Oct 28, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #4,203 of 100,520
Has anyone heard the FXD60?

Oct 28, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #4,205 of 100,520
Quote:
I have it but it's on loan right now.  It's got more bass than the other two, the soundstage is just as big as the 80.  I really like it.  It compares to the 80 more than the 70.  Very good for the price imo.  I can loan it to you when I get it back.  

Cool DannyBai. Thanks bruh. Although knowing me I wil buy one if I can find a real good price for it. I think if I get that I'll sell my FX40.

Oct 28, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #4,208 of 100,520
Has anyone heard the FXD60?

Mine should be here in two weeks. So slow to order stuff from japan-Panama ,its driving me crazy. I am no expert but i will try to compare them with what i got.

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #4,209 of 100,520
Quote:
Mine should be here in two weeks. So slow to order stuff from japan-Panama ,its driving me crazy. I am no expert but i will try to compare them with what i got.

Buy the R1's... you'll get them in 2 days lol!

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #4,210 of 100,520
Quote:

You don't have to get the MHC1s. But I will tell you. You will be missing out on probably one of the best discoveries this year. Lol..

And just like that, I'm buying the MH1.

Just like that.

I'm getting a pair from the listing below. Hopefully it works out alright.
http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Genuine-SONY-MH1c-Headset-w-SmartKey-Android-Control-Bulk-Pack-Black-/281003431716?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item416d1c1724

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #4,212 of 100,520
So what was it that made me order everyone on this thread to get them. Hmm lets see. My current favorite earphones be the XBA-3s hands down. By the way if you guys ever see a deal for the XBA-3s. Do get them you will not be disappointed.  And with that being said. The MHC1 I was listening to this morning and I have say. They have a very similar tuning to the XBA-3. I would say they have around 80-85% of the sound of the XBA-3. On some tunes maybe even closer.  ClieOS mentioned that the sound of the MHC1 does not fall too far off even the XBA-4s. I am hoping ericp can help and lend us his ears for this comparo. For the most part I think he is right. I am finally hearing why he brought these to the attention of us headfiers. These are a discovery of epic proportions. These cheapo $20 earphones make the MP8320 a weak find in comparison. No kidding..The sound tuning is a freak of nature.

Hard to believe right? Ya I couldn't believe it either. Wait till you guys get them and give them a nice burn in. DO NOT JUDGE ON OPEN PACKAGE!! I warn every single one of you guys. Do listen to hear them in the raw for a good laugh however. You guys are gonna think ClieOS and myself is crazy. No kidding on open package they sound like POO.Before you decide to give these to your pet to chew on.. Burn them in for at least 100 straight hours for the transformation that will surprise every single one of you. Give them a solid chance with burning. I also found that the stock tips actually give the best overall sound on these. I tried a big variety and Sony engineers came up with the perfect tips on these phones. They aren't hybrids but a bit longer in size. Using other ear tips change the sound a bit too much. The tips for the GR07 came the closest to sounding like the stock tips but in the end just using the stock tips turned out to be best for me.  No need to tip roll at all..

ClieOS mentioned how he feels these are actually an upgrade to the FXD80s. Yea right. What's he smoking right?. I don't know if that is the case but from what I was hearing this morning on my Bravo amp. These are starting to head that direction. What I heard today was a sound that does not happen even on the best cheapo buds I have heard. I am not even going to describe. You have to experience for yourselves. These sound wonderful. Plain and simple. There is no other way to describe it. Magical the sound that is coming out of these earphones. They take to amping like a champ and come out sounding better than any other discovery before them. Am I crazy. Nope. Just tellin it like I hear it.  You guys are in for very nice Halloween treat. I have to thank ClieOS for this one..For all you guys that trusted my recommends. What is really cool about these phones. You guys get to hear why I love my Sony XBA-3s so much..Very exited for every single one of you guys that decided to go along with the craziness that will ensue. Oh it will happen..Just give it some burn in and mix it up with a pinch of magic. We got our cheapo of the year not by a small margin either.

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #4,214 of 100,520
Holy gaucamoli dsnuts! You're making me feel like I should order another 10 pairs LOL!

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #4,215 of 100,520
Quote:
Holy gaucamoli dsnuts! You're making me feel like I should order another 10 pairs LOL!

I already planned on ordering more as soon as I hear the one that I bought (after burn in of course).
If I like what I hear (which I'm expecting to), then for sure it is time to save up for the xba-3 and ditch all else
biggrin.gif

As a side note.
The r1's do indeed have somewhat recessed mids. BUT LIKE.....

If I had a stylus or something I could draw that better but that's what I could do with a mouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back