The discovery thread!
Oct 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #3,481 of 100,296
Quote:
Well all I know is that for those of us who took the time to stick with the JVC FXD80 (and FXD70) and get at least 200 burn-in hours on them those, we are in a very elite and small club. What do I mean by this? Well, I just think many head-fi audiophile regulars are too elitest or stuck up to even try to believe these JVCs offer the refinement, clarity, detail and transparency in a dynamic IEM for the relative low price on these models. Many think that if it doesn't cost $300 or more it can't be in the same league. As some of you know, I have heard my share of $300 + top tier IEMs, and I'm stating that there is no doubt in my mind that the FXD80 - 70 competes with many of those (and so does the S500 headphone). 

It doesn't make me feel good to say this thinking of all the money I've spent, but let's say in the last month and a half the D80 or D70 stay in my ears (or the S500), and I still own my share of top tiers and custom IEMs. JVC deserves a major award for what they've given the consumer in sound for the price. But Dsnuts is right, you have to invest in some burn in time to have the fruit of these IEMs and headphones revealed its full goodness.

since i bought my S500 and FXD80 i dont feel i need nothing more, at least for a while.  At these moment i am buying my Firewhatever Dac and a bunch of CD`s and DVd's to enjoy them.  i am only waiting for my FXD70 and i am done for a while.  maybe in the future i will buy one of those Vsonics Gr's,  but i dont feel i am needing it at these moment.

Its a shame a wasted so much money on all those iems and headphones, but at least i got a reference between how cheap and overhyped things sound and how "down to earth, just pure music at the right price" sound.

funny or sad thing is that whith those $400 bucks i spent on those Beats Pro's i could have buyed all these JVc nanocarbon tubes phones+FirewatheverDAc ...... you live, you learn

Funny how other manufactures are going down the "Beats Route".. selling heaphones that are more about how they look than how they sound,  consumers are paying 70% of price markup for more plastic or aliminium but not 70% of better sound. at least JVC is not spending money on useless propaganda with these products.

so whats better for us consumers? the old FX line? where those headphones soundend awfull and where more about the look and the propaganda or spending the money making better products?   Glad they choosed to make better products.

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #3,482 of 100,296
Quote:
That's kinda sad to hear tbh, I guess people think throwing lots of money on something justifies it as the "best" $$$ can buy.  That brandname sheep mentality is pretty prevalent as exemplified with famous celebrity/ rapper cans. Oh well, it's their loss but I am glad that I get to experience one of these higher-end carbon nanotubes and is humbled to be the few that are in this small circle. 

Hey you know what's funny as well, the Auvio tips that goes so well with these FXDs are gone from radio shack.  Don't know if it's just sold out or discontinued, you can't find it anywhere anymore. Thank goodness I scored myself a set cuz I can't imagine listening to my FXD-70 without them. Haha we are truly in the minority. LoL

Funny thing is that people must think where are just a bunch of lunatics or "drunken" followers that got nothing to do just to be in a forum overhyping a gadam phone... who cares, haters are gonna hate.  

Using Jokers review and score its obviuos how good these things are.
The cheapest of all of these NCT gets a 7.2 score, one of the highest score for Iems under $20.00, that score is better than a bunch of other iems.
The FXD80 gets a 8.7 score   all you doubters just check all of the other iems score and you will find iems going for 100 or double the price with that same score and others are no that far.

No, where are not DRUNK... these things sound good.. thats all.
T

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #3,485 of 100,296
Quote:
You guys want to see what the headphone version of the XB90EX look like? Here it is. Introducing the NEW. XB900

I bet the bass on these are insane.

So wait these are the new headphones that you were talking about?

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #3,487 of 100,296
Quote:
You guys want to see what the headphone version of the XB90EX look like? Here it is. Introducing the NEW. XB900

I bet the bass on these are insane.

I am subscribed to that new Sony XB thread, wating for more reviews on then.    $270 dollars is a lot of money, hope they sound 4 times better than the old Xb models.

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #3,489 of 100,296
can some1 explain me what is these "FX40 has a tiny sound" thing?

i am not getting it, just made a comparo versus my 3580, E30.. no tiny sound here.. maybe they got bad seal or what?

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #3,490 of 100,296
Got in my Brainwavz M4 today. Okay, no full burn-in yet, of course, but it's hard to believe that these IEMs were once near the MSRP of the FXD80 or FXD70. Bass is nice in the M4, but it can't even shine those JVCs' shoes. No comparison at all. Sometimes I think I'm making it up in my head how incredibly detailed the D70 and D80 sound to my ears (the latter being more 3-D of course). I've also beein reading on line about the JVC FX800 coming out soon. I hope this is not a farce or trick. I would love to get another wooden IEM from JVC, but with way more forward mids than the FX700.

I expect to see my Final Audio Design Adagio III tomorrow. Another one in the D80/D70 price range. I expect it to perform better out of the box than the M4 has.

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #3,491 of 100,296
Quote:
Got in my Brainwavz M4 today. Okay, no full burn-in yet, of course, but it's hard to believe that these IEMs were once near the MSRP of the FXD80 or FXD70. Bass is nice in the M4, but it can't even shine those JVCs' shoes. No comparison at all. Sometimes I think I'm making it up in my head how incredibly detailed the D70 and D80 sound to my ears (the latter being more 3-D of course). I've also beein reading on line about the JVC FX800 coming out soon. I hope this is not a farce or trick. I would love to get another wooden IEM from JVC, but with way more forward mids than the FX700.

I expect to see my Final Audio Design Adagio III tomorrow. Another one in the D80/D70 price range. I expect it to perform better out of the box than the M4 has.

Those things are going from $29.    At that price they should be a nice buy?

Oct 1, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #3,492 of 100,296
Wassup guys! I just had to make an account here to show my appreciation. I admit that I was lurking here for the last week or so because I was looking for a new headphone. I was drawn to the JVC FX101 and after having read so many pages of information, I finally made my purchase and the buds came in today. I've never liked IEMs because many of the one's I've tried in the past just didn't fit my ear. I wanted to give IEMs one final chance before I completely dismiss them forever, hence the purchase of the FX101. I put on the smallest tips and boy am I liking it!

For the first time ever, I am actually using an IEM instead of the traditional earbuds like the default Apples. The FX101 basically feels like I have a mini subwoofer in my head yet the voice is still clear. It does sound a bit muddy but after reading so many pages and absorbing so many information, I think I need to burn these suckers a bit before the true sound really comes out. I am so happy with my purchase because not only do they sound great, they actually fit in my ear without falling out! I've read about using foam tips and whatnot for users like me with small ear canals but it seems like I don't have to resort to that method.

But seriously, I have no idea that there is so much to learn just from earbuds alone. Thanks to everyone who have contributed to this thread!

Oct 1, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #3,493 of 100,296
Quote:
Great thread, but I couldnt find how the fx40 works with android mobile phones? Can I use these or there might be some problem (skip song, exit itd...)? If someone could check and report back please. Tested fx201, very nice for the price and mic work as it should. But would like to try fx40 if I can use them with my android mobile. 

The fx40 are just like any standard headphones/iems with a 3.5 stereo jack. It does NOT have mic input, nor does it have buttons on the cord to control volume, skip song, etc.

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #3,494 of 100,296
Quote:
Wassup guys! I just had to make an account here to show my appreciation. I admit that I was lurking here for the last week or so because I was looking for a new headphone. I was drawn to the JVC FX101 and after having read so many pages of information, I finally made my purchase and the buds came in today. I've never liked IEMs because many of the one's I've tried in the past just didn't fit my ear. I wanted to give IEMs one final chance before I completely dismiss them forever, hence the purchase of the FX101. I put on the smallest tips and boy am I liking it!
For the first time ever, I am actually using an IEM instead of the traditional earbuds like the default Apples. The FX101 basically feels like I have a mini subwoofer in my head yet the voice is still clear. It does sound a bit muddy but after reading so many pages and absorbing so many information, I think I need to burn these suckers a bit before the true sound really comes out. I am so happy with my purchase because not only do they sound great, they actually fit in my ear without falling out! I've read about using foam tips and whatnot for users like me with small ear canals but it seems like I don't have to resort to that method.
But seriously, I have no idea that there is so much to learn just from earbuds alone. Thanks to everyone who have contributed to this thread!

Hey welcome to headfi. Yes you are right. You need to throw your earphones on a fairly loud musical source for a week or two.  I would say the times you are not using them throw them on a source to loosen them drivers.

Quote:

The fx40 are just like any standard headphones/iems with a 3.5 stereo jack. It does NOT have mic input, nor does it have buttons on the cord to control volume, skip song, etc.

True but you can get something like this to use with them http://www.amazon.com/C135-Auxiliary-Headphones-Smartphones-Blackberry/dp/B008JNZNCK/ref=sr_1_44?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1349140496&sr=1-44&keywords=smartphone+headphone+adapter

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #3,495 of 100,296
Quote:

Let us know what you think about the Final Audios..I was looking at them FX800.

I am wondering of there are some Dupe meisters just repackaging FX700 and calling them FX800s. Lol. I wonder because those look the same. Don't JVC usually come up with new designs when they launch something new?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back