The discovery thread!
Sep 21, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #3,393 of 100,493
Great buy nihontoman. The XB90EX seem really interesting. I really liked the CKS77 but I wished the mids/highs were of top tier quality. The bass didn't really rattle my head that much either
L3000.gif
. I might just pull the trigger on these Sonys..

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #3,394 of 100,493
Quote:
Good luck. And make sure you burn them in real good.

Will do. I usually burn my iems with linear and logarithmic frequency swipes and combination of pink/white/brown noises on quite high loudness levels every night for about a week or two (I just listen to them during the day to know what has changed after every night). Will do the same with these :D

Quote:
Good choice.  Hope you like 'em.

thanks. :) I will like them, I'm sure of it. I like "full" and rich sounding iems with goods clarity and detail and good sub-bass. I hate mid bass humps and the sonys seem to be exactly the type of sound I'm after :) that's why I went with these instead of Etymotic HF5 - I wasn't quite sure if I would like the kind of sound those put out and reviews tend to be all over the place, often controversial on the sound signature... ah well, will wait for black Friday deals to get those :D

Quote:
Great buy nihontoman. The XB90EX seem really interesting. I really liked the CKS77 but I wished the mids/highs were of top tier quality. The bass didn't really rattle my head that much either
L3000.gif
. I might just pull the trigger on these Sonys..

thanks. they are indeed really interesting. wonder if they share the same driver that is on the ex1000 or the one from the ex600... mids and highs are as important for me as bass is (even more important sometimes) as I mostly listen  to classical, jazz, opera, hip-hop and weird stuff like this by Susumu Hirasawa:

so yeah :D these will be my jack of all trade kind of iems, until I find some more money and courage to spend it on others...

Damn it, I think the curse of head-fi is on me and my wallet now :frowning2:

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #3,395 of 100,493
But what about the CKS99 or the CKS1000? Those might be good :)

Above is the CKS1000LTD in the usual red trim combo. Info/specs is seemingly hidden atm.

Wow that looks damn big!!

CKS99 not so much. You may be able to walk through doorways without turning your head sideways with the CKS99
tongue.gif

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #3,399 of 100,493
Well, the XB90EX was 45 pages ago. Time to re-stimulate the discovery thread!!!!

Uggh!! Mugen beat me in by a few ticks...
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.audio-technica.co.jp%2Fproducts%2Fhp%2Fath-ckm500.html
AT's Headphone Navi box/window on the right side has them listed but they don't seem to be finished with the actual product pages yet.

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #3,404 of 100,493
Yep, don't think Dsnuts is gonna shell out the ~ $350(maybe more) import price for a pair of 1000's though.

Actually a bit better than I thought with the CKM1000 list price of 48,000Y, I thought the CKS1000 would be 30,000 instead of 25,000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back