The discovery thread!
Jun 23, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #2,387 of 100,489
Quote:
I call it the Joe effect.
ksc75smile.gif

LOL !    ...I've got the David effect too !   ...eagerly awaiting for the next fix from AT (CKM600? CKM700?) while keeping one eye out at JVC
biggrin.gif

Just saw several new higher end IEMs releases from Philips   ...shall I ?   ....nah, as it is, I'm already short of 5 pairs of ears. 

Jun 23, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #2,389 of 100,489
Quote:
Men, show your love for the FX40 and FX101 on Amazon. They only have 1 or 2 reviews each. Let's get these positive vibes out to the masses!

Done deal, left a review for the blue FX101's on amazon and buy.com. Let's hear it guys AND GIRLS.

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #2,390 of 100,489
Quote:
Done deal, left a review for the blue FX101's on amazon and buy.com. Let's hear it guys AND GIRLS.

Which color sounds the best? 
confused.gif

Jun 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #2,391 of 100,489
Quote:

Which color sounds the best? 
confused.gif

LOL!!! It depends on your mood. Black if you feel like grappling up a wall. Blue if you feel like flying and laser-beaming through walls, red for running faster than the speed of your music, green if you feel like smashing something, and purple if you're feeling feisty. Guess the references?

Jun 23, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #2,392 of 100,489
Quote:
LOL!!! It depends on your mood. Black if you feel like grappling up a wall. Blue if you feel like flying and laser-beaming through walls, red for running faster than the speed of your music, green if you feel like smashing something, and purple if you're feeling feisty. Guess the references?

Or...Blue if you're feeling patriotic, red if you feel like putting on a high tech suit with an arc reactor core, black if you like to assassinate stuff, green if you're feeling very angry and people would not like you if you're angry, purple if...well there's no-one in the avengers movie that wears purple...

Jun 24, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #2,394 of 100,489
Quote:

Or...Blue if you're feeling patriotic, red if you feel like putting on a high tech suit with an arc reactor core, black if you like to assassinate stuff, green if you're feeling very angry and people would not like you if you're angry, purple if...well there's no-one in the avengers movie that wears purple...

If non of the above suits the mood, then I guess the PINK colored ones will have to do !
tongue.gif

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #2,395 of 100,489
Not really on topic but I was just playing around and created one of the best IEMs I've heard. Took a set of Hippo 10EB's (stock was very detailed but way too sterile for me, practically non-existent bass), cracked out the driver and put it inside the Radiopaq Classic housing (same size driver exactly) with a cable from Sansa stock buds. At first was still too sterile so I removed the little semi-permeable pad covering the hole in the Radiopaq housing. Wow.. maybe still a touch light on bass but they are blindingly quick with more detail than FX40s, more clarity and separation as well. I guess it's kind of a discovery lol..

Jun 24, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #2,397 of 100,489
Yes but there are always new stuff. For the cost the FXD80 is also a great deal. The new FXD80 is impressing me more and more with burn and use. I will do a comparo soon between the two.

I find both to do their respective sound signatures so well both are excellent values.  For guys that own the FX40 and want the refined versions of them. The FXD80 amped is just plain silly. Completely worth your hard earned cash. They sound out of this planet good with a little amping. I threw on my E11 with my Sony Z1060 last night and I was floored with the sound.

Another interesting discovery for the CKM500. Some of the other guys have discovered using Meelec bi flange tips the sound is heavenly. It is the CKM500 perfected. Well custom tips seem to actually give CIEM levels of sound according to cute but the biflanges are second best. Trying this myself today I ended up ordering a bunch of Meelc tips..Love it when a simple tip change can give out more SQ.

I ordered a big variety pack and will try them out on the FX40 and FX101 and will give a report back on how they sound with them.

Jun 24, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #2,399 of 100,489
This is true. If price to performance is the main factor. Ya the CKM500 there is none better at that price. However the FXD80 even without amping. There are a few guys that own the CKM500 that prefer the sound on the FXD80 over them. It will come down to sound preference more between the two however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back