The discovery thread!
Jun 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #2,161 of 100,585
Na it was the that they posted the You won the bid email. I won alright. They send an email right before you pay by pay pal and you get a message saying You WON and the word Free. Lol. Nothing is free unfortunately. This email threw me off as I was going to pay the fee for the earphones but in my instant moment of elation that I might have WON some FREE FXD80s I forgot to pay the payment for them.

On that title I think it is supposed to say Free Shipping but ran out of space.

Jun 9, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #2,162 of 100,585
Quote:
Ya so this is dumb they have there ebay page posted like this..

JVC HA-FXD80-Z Earphone Dynamic Closed Canal Hafxd80z Headphones New Free

Once you pull the trigger you get that page I posted earlier. The word FREE and you won and you get the idea that I was something special in ordering today because we all know guys that order from ebay end up getting hot new earphones for free..

They add those words into the sale title for two reasons.

1) it lures people to click on the listing.

2) ebays search feature runs of tags, so if you typed "new free" into the search bar those would come up.

We do it all the time with sales for example. "Sony MDR XB500 headphones / earphones / IEM /  in Ear / MP3 / ipod etc etc.....

When anyone types one of the those tagged words the sale pops up in other categories like MP3 players, ipods etc etc.... 

Edit: Or they came short on typing in "shipping" as you said Dsnuts 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 9, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #2,163 of 100,585
Oh awesome FXD80s coming up for review! I can't wait to see JVCs next gen micro driver! Especially with the carbon tube tech. These cost more than the 40s so they have to perform better. Right? Fingers crossed

Jun 9, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #2,164 of 100,585
Yes, one always has to wonder with the capability of the FX40, how a progression of those capabilities would sound. If this is indeed going to be a more refined FX40/FXT90, I can see this as a potential purchase. I'm even tempted to fire on the pre-order...

The only thing about the JVC FXT90/FX700/FXD80 japan-only series is that since they're imports, it'll be hell and back if anything ever goes wrong with them. :p

Jun 9, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #2,166 of 100,585
Quote:
Random post here sorry.. I was looking at the start of the thread, would you still recommend the SHE3580 or is there a newer/better model out now?
Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

I still recommend them strongly. They're true stars!

There's a whole thread, just for them. 
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/561951/philips-she3580-iem-review-10-giant-killers-er-4p-gathering-dust

Jun 9, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #2,169 of 100,585
FX3X update. They are now on 50 hours of burn and I might have sounded harsh on them but these are turning out to be very nice bassy earphones. The peaky upper mids are still there but are no way ear piercing or too harsh now. The overall sound is starting to settle but again I am not quite fully yet done with burn. I do like how they sound and getting better with time and use.

I can now say for guys that want a full sounding bassy musical earphone the FX3X is a good value at their price. Now the issue now is these have some very stiff competition for your hard earned cash at their price point.  I would still recommend the CKM500 for guys that want more than just big bass. But for guys that put bass first as a requirement with a clean sound the FX3X does do one up on the FX101. But just barely..The value is not even remotely close to the FX101 but the FX3X are turning out to be a solid bassy earphone..Also with the new FXD80 being released within a few days. I have a feeling these FX3X will be a overlooked. Oh well onward and upward!

SO as of now I will rate the XX series as such.

The FX3X>= FX101>FX1X 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back