The discovery thread!
May 15, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #1,366 of 100,467
Well I ordered mine off eBay and apparently the seller used the cheapest and slowest form of shipping available. UPS, says my package hasn't even left yet and will reach on the 21st. I can't remember the last time it took something I ordered 8 days from purchase to get from Illinois to Ca.

May 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #1,368 of 100,467
Well today is a happy day for me fellas. You know why? Cuz I am loading Diablo 3. Thats why. 10 years I have waited for this day. Lol! Good things for those who wait.. Patience always pays off.

Lol. So I load this game. Sign onto battle.net and launch game. Only to be greeted with. Server down..Just makes me laugh. I can only imagine how many gaming geeks that bought these last night at midnight how pissed they all are at this point. No Diablo 3 for you pizza guy. lol!

May 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #1,370 of 100,467
Quote:
Well today is a happy day for me fellas. You know why? Cuz I am loading Diablo 3. Thats why. 10 years I have waited for this day. Lol! Good things for those who wait.. Patience always pays off.

I have been playing D2 LoD for 10 years, so maybe i will jump on the D3 bandwagon some day. 
tongue_smile.gif

May 15, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #1,371 of 100,467
Well FedEx delivered my FX-40s a couple of hours ago. Right out of the box these are okay but I'm not quite blown away. My problem is with the midrange. It sounds thin & veiled in the 200-1000 Hz range, and the upper mids (about 1.5-2.5 kHz) sound a little peaky with some material. Jazz & vocals and guitar-laden rock are lacking presence and richness. I will say that the highs are fairly impressive for the price- clear, detailed and extended without sibilance. There is ample bass, possibly a touch overweighted in the grand scheme of things but there's nice impact and it sounds more or less even across the low end of the spectrum. If an extended break-in helps open up the mids like it has with some of my other earphones then we'll be cooking with gas. Given the stiffness of carbon nanotubes I would not be surprised if that took longer than usual with this pair. I'll let these run continuously for a few days and see what happens.

These have a cord slider at the Y junction, and come with a cord clip in the box. Good variety of tips (S, M, L plus one pair of foamies). There's a little bit of cable noise but nothing ridiculous. Fit is good in my ears but I can tell that the little rearward support arm thingy is contacting a part of my outer ear that isn't used to feeling pressure. Nothing I can't get used to though.

May 15, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #1,372 of 100,467
Quote:

Lol. So I load this game. Sign onto battle.net and launch game. Only to be greeted with. Server down..Just makes me laugh. I can only imagine how many gaming geeks that bought these last night at midnight how pissed they all are at this point. No Diablo 3 for you pizza guy. lol!

Enjoy!

May 15, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #1,373 of 100,467
How do these compare with something like EPH-100s? Asking because I was digging my GR07's and reading a GR07 thread, then someone originally advocating the GR07 abandoned them in favor of EPH-100.

May 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #1,374 of 100,467
How do these compare with something like EPH-100s? Asking because I was digging my GR07's and reading a GR07 thread, then someone originally advocating the GR07 abandoned them in favor of EPH-100.

You mean me? Yeah, I didn't have my GR07 on hand when I said that, but when I got my GR07 back the EPH-100 had to go.

If you're referring to miow, I wouldn't take him seriously. If you see the iems and ratings in his signature, they change almost everyday. His response to the question of what the EPH-100 does better than the GR07 is this: "EVERYTHING!"

Still, if you want to try the EPH-100, they're pretty amazing, especially for the price. There's one for sale on the FS forums right now.

May 15, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #1,375 of 100,467
How goes that burn in Scott? My pair is much smoother than when I first had them so I don't know what I was thinking saying these don't need burn. They all need a burn. lol!. Maybe I was just shocked at the initial clarity I was hearing..Love the energetic sound these have.

May 15, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #1,376 of 100,467
Eke2k6, Miow, yes. :)  Caused me to think I was missing out on something. I can be easily influenced, as though everyone has Jedi Knight capability.

btw --- This just in: JVC HA-FX40B!!! I just saw the padded envelope on my desk. :)

Edited to add: "Let the burn-in begin!" ... Said like a Viking ... :wink:

May 16, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #1,378 of 100,467
Quote:

lol I know this is off topic but I play as well. Long time coming and I am enjoying the game so far (whenever the servers are not down)_

May 16, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #1,379 of 100,467
Oh my god. I was just listening to Daft Punk Alive 2007 and I thought I was outside in a thunderstorm. The sub bass, the way it decays, is UNREAL. I will definitely be one of the first in line for the newer carbon driver in ears..

May 16, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #1,380 of 100,467
Quote:
Oh my god. I was just listening to Daft Punk Alive 2007 and I thought I was outside in a thunderstorm. The sub bass, the way it decays, is UNREAL. I will definitely be one of the first in line for the newer carbon driver in ears..

Hey since you have the FXT90, can you do a comparison between them? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back