The discovery thread!
May 14, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #1,352 of 100,573
Quote:
Pretty crazy for the price don't you think? You can tell which one is superior but these would make a great back up.

Yes I just did a quick A/B (with the JVC tips) and the CKM500 are certainly more detailed, clearer and have a larger soundstage. But the FX40 have this absolutely amazing sub bass and their soundstage is also fantastic, just thinner (which I actually prefer). Plus I really like the color lol. It's actually true blue unlike the CKM500 I bought (which was more of a purple blue). 

The CKM500 really are amazingly neutral. The FX40 sound kind of v-shaped to me. Remind me of the FXT90. These two complement each other better than I thought..

May 14, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #1,353 of 100,573
You can imagine how surprised I was when I first heard these. Lol. Ya these are crazy. This level of sound should not bet be at this price.

These do balance out a bit better with burn but for the most part you nailed it. They are a thinner sounding CKM77 CKM500. Lesser stage but my goodness these are awesome.Lol. The sub bass on these somewhat remind me of the sub bass on the MG7s. Not as prominent but these do have strong sub bass.

May 14, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #1,354 of 100,573
Yes these are definitely thinner in the mids than the CKM500 + a decent sub-bass emphasis. The sound stage presentation is also very similar to the CKM500, everything is all around you with great depth and imaging.

May 14, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #1,355 of 100,573
Speechless. Can't wait. 
eek.gif

May 14, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #1,357 of 100,573
Quote:
Speechless. Can't wait. 
eek.gif

Na these suck. I am gonna try n actively not to hype them..The worst $21 earphone ever. You guys are gonna hate the clarity the imaging. Who wants that..I would rather hear fuzzy sound from my cheapos..You guys are gonna hate me after you hear these for just suggesting them.! I might get banned for suggesting and earphone that isn't even worth the $21..

May 14, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #1,358 of 100,573
Quote:
Where is the best place to get these that delivers super fast and cheap (I know that's what just about everyone wants)? I'm not that experienced in purchasing headphones, so I wanna be sure. Cheers

Get them online from buy.com or amazon.com.. Buy.com it should come out to around $22 with shipping. Great deal but these suck. You don't want these. You want an earphone that sounds like a $21 earphone. I suppose you can spend some extra to get them faster which would run around $30ish. Regular order and ship only takes about a week so it's not too bad.

I am trying to dehype them..so you guys would at least be somewhat surprised.Lol.

Wait a sec. Mugen3. How you guys getting these so damn fast.? Lol. You guys pay extra for shipping?

May 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #1,360 of 100,573
You know I like my black pair but I think I will get another. The silvers are calling my name. Yes, I am guilty of earphone hoarding.

So I will update and say with absolute certainty. Burn in does seem to polish the highs a bit and are now more in line with the mids and these sound more balanced now as a result. I was listening to these more on the way home. Just crazy. These are just plain crazy. Happy listening fellas and I eagerly look forward to hear what you guys have to say about these.

May 15, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #1,362 of 100,573
Wow FX40 sound signature seems similar to the ASG-1 from what you say Dsnuts. Quite accurate to the recording is what I would say. My gf bought the Philips SHE3581 for $1 and I call them the deal of the century. They are phenomenally awesome for uber-cheap buds, but of course I'll take my ASG-1 anyday.
wink.gif

It's amazing to see the value that can be bought courtesy of companies such as JVC and Philips. I hope we can promote such earphone goodness to the public to boost the sales that these earphones deserve and so reward companies for producing quality products at reasonable prices (at least from my perspective of value and good sound).

May 15, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #1,364 of 100,573
Quote:
Hey Dsnuts have you tried out the Philips SHE6000? They look pretty cool, would love to know how they sound.

I tried a good 7 Philips earphones and the SHE3580, SHE9700, SHE5105 are the best of them.. Those SHE6000 do look interesting as they are supposed to give you a surround type sound. Some S-logic in earphones? That being said. None of these come close to JVCs newest creation.. I would seriously try out these new JVCs over anything philips at this point. The SHE5105 is their newest and perhaps their best of the SHE series to date and I can say with confidence the FX40 is at another level from them..
Quote:
Wow FX40 sound signature seems similar to the ASG-1 from what you say Dsnuts. Quite accurate to the recording is what I would say. My gf bought the Philips SHE3581 for $1 and I call them the deal of the century. They are phenomenally awesome for uber-cheap buds, but of course I'll take my ASG-1 anyday.
wink.gif

It's amazing to see the value that can be bought courtesy of companies such as JVC and Philips. I hope we can promote such earphone goodness to the public to boost the sales that these earphones deserve and so reward companies for producing quality products at reasonable prices (at least from my perspective of value and good sound).

Unfortunately a $21 FX40 is not going to be anything like theASG-1 .. We are talking about a cheapo vs a $200 earphone. Lol.. But the value of these FX40s are through he roof.. I would try one just for kicks and see for yourself

Quote:
Are the JVC ha fx40 as v-shaped as the philips she3580 or even more v-shaped?

No the highs are slightly boosted but the mids are in tact and not recessed. Burn in and these balance and smooth out better.. These sound too good not to try and leave all the previous Philips earphones in SQ..Easily.

May 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #1,365 of 100,573
Quote:

I got them off buy.com and paid for regular shipping and got them in 3 days. Really quick.

I ordered mine from buy.com but it was through their ebay listings because I didn't see the black ones listed on their website last week. I see they do have multiple colors on their website today though. Same price either way ($21-22) and the default carrier is FedEx. For reasons unbeknownst to me FedEx decided to keep the package at their sorting facility (only 10 miles from my delivery address) for a couple of extra days before putting them on a delivery truck. There is a chance I'll get them today, but a bicycle messenger could have delivered them faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back