The discovery thread!
Apr 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #1,186 of 100,461
It is the bright sound signature of the Isurus that ends up being a bit harsh with higher volumes.. You can tame that harshness a bit with better tips..Try complys or anything with a smaller sound hole than what is on the nozzle..Glad there are guys that are still finding these to their liking..This type of detail for the money just don't exist actually. I should know I have tried many others but none has this level of detail at this price..

Apr 6, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #1,187 of 100,461

Quote:
It is the bright sound signature of the Isurus that ends up being a bit harsh with higher volumes.. You can tame that harshness a bit with better tips..Try complys or anything with a smaller sound hole than what is on the nozzle..Glad there are guys that are still finding these to their liking..This type of detail for the money just don't exist actually. I should know I have tried many others but none has this level of detail at this price..

I'm using the foam tips that I got with the Brainwavz M2. The sound definitely improved, thanks! When I get the MP 8320 and the Focalprice CK-700 I'm going to try to make my own tips with sleep earplugs! I saw that great DIY tip on this forum a couple of months back, but I haven't heard anyone talking about it since. I guess people forgot about it... I might make a new thread when I made a couple myself.

Apr 7, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #1,188 of 100,461
i thought of buying brainwavz or id america spark but after reading dsnut thread, i got totally confused. after reading so much, i found phillips she3580 and panasonic hje120e as a great option  since isurus is not available in my locality.

which one is a preferred one for me?

i like clear and crisp sound with quality bass ( bands like nirvana, zeppelin, deep purple and almost all genres with lot guitar oriented and hip hops)

my source is cowon iaudio e2

thanks in advance..lot of thanks to dsnuts for incredible findings!

Apr 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #1,189 of 100,461

Quote:
i thought of buying brainwavz or id america spark but after reading dsnut thread, i got totally confused. after reading so much, i found phillips she3580 and panasonic hje120e as a great option  since isurus is not available in my locality.

which one is a preferred one for me?

i like clear and crisp sound with quality bass ( bands like nirvana, zeppelin, deep purple and almost all genres with lot guitar oriented and hip hops)

my source is cowon iaudio e2

thanks in advance..lot of thanks to dsnuts for incredible findings!

It's hard to say whether or not an IEM is "worth" the money. The Philips SHE3580 costs 10 dollar. The Brainwavz M2 costs 50 dollar. Is the Brainwavz M2 5 times as good as the Philips SHE3580? It's very hard to say.

Most of the times it's not though. If you really look at price-quality ratio, the Philips SHE3580, Thermaltake Isurus, Monoprice 8320 or Focalprice CK-700 are probably the best IEMs to buy. But it's just very hard to compare IEMs that are in a different price range.

I don't own a panasonic hje120e, and although it looks good from the reviews I have read on head-fi and other sites, the Philips SHE3580 seems to be more popular. And I can ashure you that they are freaking good. Amazing bass for the price, amazingly comfortable for the price, amazingly small for the bass :p. They don't beat the TT Isurus or Monoprice 8320 in clarity/detail/separation, but the bass is definitely more enjoyable. The bass even hits 15hz. Not that you can hear that, but you might feel it!

Just at the time I bought the Philips SHE3580, I discovered hip-hop group "Hilltop Hoods". All I can say is that the SHE3580 is perfect for that kind of music.

Oh, and about the Brainwavz M2. For the little time I had them (1-2 months), I loved them. But they didn't surprise me as much as the SHE3580 did, and my astonishment when I heard the TT Isurus was even bigger. I'm not saying the SHE3580 is better than the M2, because it probably isn't, but I guess I wasn't really surprised about the M2 because I paid so "much" for it.

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #1,191 of 100,461

Quote:
It's hard to say whether or not an IEM is "worth" the money. The Philips SHE3580 costs 10 dollar. The Brainwavz M2 costs 50 dollar. Is the Brainwavz M2 5 times as good as the Philips SHE3580? It's very hard to say.

Most of the times it's not though. If you really look at price-quality ratio, the Philips SHE3580, Thermaltake Isurus, Monoprice 8320 or Focalprice CK-700 are probably the best IEMs to buy. But it's just very hard to compare IEMs that are in a different price range.

I don't own a panasonic hje120e, and although it looks good from the reviews I have read on head-fi and other sites, the Philips SHE3580 seems to be more popular. And I can ashure you that they are freaking good. Amazing bass for the price, amazingly comfortable for the price, amazingly small for the bass :p. They don't beat the TT Isurus or Monoprice 8320 in clarity/detail/separation, but the bass is definitely more enjoyable. The bass even hits 15hz. Not that you can hear that, but you might feel it!

Just at the time I bought the Philips SHE3580, I discovered hip-hop group "Hilltop Hoods". All I can say is that the SHE3580 is perfect for that kind of music.

Oh, and about the Brainwavz M2. For the little time I had them (1-2 months), I loved them. But they didn't surprise me as much as the SHE3580 did, and my astonishment when I heard the TT Isurus was even bigger. I'm not saying the SHE3580 is better than the M2, because it probably isn't, but I guess I wasn't really surprised about the M2 because I paid so "much" for it.

yes i understand what u have said, as u said we cant compare a 10$ earphone to a 50$ earphone which is totally unfair  but i  am curious to know its SQ. according to Jokers review , SQ of monoprice and brainwavz got 7.5/10 and 7 respectively.in that way wht will be the expected score for SHE3580 in SQ?
anyhow i am going to order a pair of she3580 by tomorrow since i'm getting it for very very less price

Quote:
Try out a SHE3580. You are gonna be surprised how good they sound for all types of music. Agreed with Androyed.

Man u r very great, i am eagerly waiting for ur next finding. i'm going to order a pair, at the same time can you tell me some websites which ships TT isurus and ath ckm50a to india (Free or negligible amount shipping) ?

Apr 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #1,192 of 100,461
ganesh. I tell you what my friend. Don't worry about what score an earphone got so much. You think I am gonna write a thread based on junk? I wade through the junk for you. look at it that way.. As for purchasing to India I have no idea. Can someone help here? Hmm Maybe from China?  

Apr 7, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #1,193 of 100,461

Quote:
ganesh. I tell you what my friend. Don't worry about what score an earphone got so much. You think I am gonna write a thread based on junk? I wade through the junk for you. look at it that way.. As for purchasing to India I have no idea. Can someone help here? Hmm Maybe from China?  

thanks man, i'll get a pair in a week ...thanks for ur help. now after reading about isurus my hands are itching to get isurus also since u had said that isurus sounds like ckm99 SQ which is incredible.. i'm searching for that also to buy.shipping is the biggest problem i'm facing right now

Apr 7, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #1,194 of 100,461

Quote:
thanks man, i'll get a pair in a week ...thanks for ur help. now after reading about isurus my hands are itching to get isurus also since u had said that isurus sounds like ckm99 SQ which is incredible.. i'm searching for that also to buy.shipping is the biggest problem i'm facing right now

It is even surprising for me but they share many similarities. The Isurus is like a detuned version.. I am not 100% sure but the sound signatures and bass end is so similar it was a good guess on my part. I still think AT made these earphones but only TT know who made them for them. I could be completely wrong but no denying the same sound signature. The CKM99 is much more refined and smoother overall but the frame of the sound is the same.

Apr 7, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #1,195 of 100,461
Maybe somebody else made both the CKM99 for AT and Isurus for TT?
wink.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #1,199 of 100,461

Quote:
Even with better tips there is notable sibilance with the Isurus. Any idea what to recommend under 40 USD that sound as good but don't have the harshness?

Have you tied comply tips? Those will work to lessen the highs. As for this type of sound for under $40. I would look into a soundmagic PL30..

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #1,200 of 100,461

Quote:
Have you tied comply tips? Those will work to lessen the highs. As for this type of sound for under $40. I would look into a soundmagic PL30..

Sure I have tried complys and meelec tips which is a a great improvement over stock tips, but still too much harshness. Even with very precise EQ i can't seem to get it to go way all together. EQing too much and the good sound disappears. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back