The discovery thread!
Jan 17, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #781 of 103,016
Jan 18, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #784 of 103,016
I recieved a brand new pair of 3850 today but I am having issues with them cutting in and out volume wise almost like a short so I am not happy with that as warranty work on something this cheap will be almost more costly than the item is worth. When they are working I would say they are competent for the price paid and better than most IEM's worth 2-3 times the cost.  I am not sure they will replace any of the IEM's I have in my lineup though. But will burn them in and re-evaluate.

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #787 of 103,016

Quote:
Yo D's gotta say thanks sooo much dude. Both the TT's and the xeports arrived today. Xeports sound amazing better than any of the phones I have heard and this is out the box no burn in. Then I opened the TT's (really great packaging like the higher end V-Moda phones)....... I put them on and...... I **** you not, I had the biggest smile on my face like a kid on Christmas morning and my mouth just hung open for the duration of the song. I've heard this song sooo many times but it was a totaly different song this time. I don't know why but I just got happy like I was high or something. My song that I auditioned these headphones with (if you don't like this song your brain is wired wrong lol) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqVi-QwDEgI

THANKS AGIAIN D'S!!!!!!

Thats why I renamed this thread the discovery thread, You just discovered something new for you and that is what it's all about. Burn them in try different tips..Enjoy the heck out of your new phones.

Quote:
I recieved a brand new pair of 3850 today but I am having issues with them cutting in and out volume wise almost like a short so I am not happy with that as warranty work on something this cheap will be almost more costly than the item is worth. When they are working I would say they are competent for the price paid and better than most IEM's worth 2-3 times the cost.  I am not sure they will replace any of the IEM's I have in my lineup though. But will burn them in and re-evaluate

I think for the most part QC on these are actually good but one issue I have had with those flimsy ear tips they throw in these is when I stay still I have no issue but only when I move any part of my face, I get that same issue where the sound kinda cuts in and out. Maybe better tips might help? It does for me.

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #789 of 103,016
My TT's work GREAT. I love the SQ. The comfort, however, is awful.

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #791 of 103,016

How to dramatically improve the sub-bass and isolation in the TT.

Just cover with tape the micro hole in the house that is under the tip ..... but will create a suction in the ear is a matter of finding a good compromise to cover more or less the micro hole.
...and play with tip adjustment.
Try it.

In my case vacum in minime due i have back house open.

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #792 of 103,016

Quote:
the x10s are really small, isolation is really good comfort is unmatched.
you asked about sound quality, isn't much of a contest, the Tts have every attribute. soundstage, dynamics, presence.

Well, if we're being honest here, the x10s also have much less sibilance than the Isurus (even after burn-in).  For me, the x10s are much easier to listen to over long periods while still having a good level of detail.  They are more forgiving of low bitrates and, imo,  have more bass quantity.  But the Isurus will reveal things in the music that the x10s don't.  I like them both, but they are very different.

Jan 18, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #793 of 103,016
I wonder if my x10s are faulty because they're sibilant to the point of being fatiguing no matter what tips I used. I have to practically eliminate the 8khz frequency to listen to them for long periods of time.

Another question, then. Because the x10 and tt are different beasts, how does the tt compare to soundmagic's PL30?

These phones seem intriguing, and I'm considering buying them in 3 weeks.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Jan 18, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #794 of 103,016
Would.you.be more concise, please?
Also my x10's are super uncomfortable. The form factor doesn't work well with my ears.

This is something I never hear about the klipsch x line. What tips?

I have tried all of the gels, every size of hybrid, ety triple flanges, and foamies. The gels stay put within my ears, unlike the foams or hybrids, but they're sensitive to every movement of my jaw, and head position. It's impossible for me to keep an adequate seal unless I keep my mouth shut and lay absolutely motionless.

The hybrids and foams get ejected from my ear canal after a few minutes. This is problematic because I find a shallow seal to produce the optimal sound quality, but my ears tend to force the tips out, often before even a single song finishes.

Dual and trial flanges are more of.the same issue as the gels. They rub the ear raw, and the deep insertion causes discomfort, and debilitating pressure build up.

The small gels are the most comfortable, but I have to insert them extremely deeply for a proper seal, and the smallest movements cause the tips to jab against the insides of my ears, and have caused them to bleed at one point.

Jan 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #795 of 103,016

Quote:
I have tried all of the gels, every size of hybrid, ety triple flanges, and foamies. The gels stay put within my ears, unlike the foams or hybrids, but they're sensitive to every movement of my jaw, and head position. It's impossible for me to keep an adequate seal unless I keep my mouth shut and lay absolutely motionless.
The hybrids and foams get ejected from my ear canal after a few minutes. This is problematic because I find a shallow seal to produce the optimal sound quality, but my ears tend to force the tips out, often before even a single song finishes.
Dual and trial flanges are more of.the same issue as the gels. They rub the ear raw, and the deep insertion causes discomfort, and debilitating pressure build up.
The small gels are the most comfortable, but I have to insert them extremely deeply for a proper seal, and the smallest movements cause the tips to jab against the insides of my ears, and have caused them to bleed at one point.

I had some trouble getting a good fit with standard oval tips on the x10, but the sony hybrids worked great.  Very comfortable.

It sounds like you need to get rid of those x10s immediately! 
The Isurus does not require deep insertion and will likely be much more comfortable for you....certainly no bleeding.  You need to be careful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back