The discovery thread!
Jan 16, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #767 of 100,618
OK guys just got my philips she3580. I am still in shock how clear these iems are. I mean for $10??! You gotta be kidding me. Even my fxt90 isnt twice better. I cant believe how good these can sound with EQ. Ill burn them in for another 50 hours and see how it goes. Still in shock

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #768 of 100,618
FYI it appears the CKM99 has been discontinued by AT.

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/f0dfe17b2db64a43/index.html

My theory would be that AT, Fischer and TT are all rebranding similiar Chinese IEMs.

As an anecdote, I just so happened to receive a pair of SHE3580s at the same time as a pair of Monster Turbine Pro Coppers, and although I do prefer the latter after more listening (mids are lacking on the Philips by comparison), on some material I could barely hear a difference at first. They are indeed surprising for less than $10.

Looking forward to hearing the Isurus.

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #769 of 100,618
FYI it appears the CKM99 has been discontinued by AT.

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/f0dfe17b2db64a43/index.html

My theory would be that AT, Fischer and TT are all rebranding similiar Chinese IEMs.

As an anecdote, I just so happened to receive a pair of SHE3580s at the same time as a pair of Monster Turbine Pro Coppers, and although I do prefer the latter after more listening (mids are lacking on the Philips by comparison), on some material I could barely hear a difference at first. They are indeed surprising for less than $10.

Looking forward to hearing the Isurus.

Looking at the AT site, the Isurus could be rebrands of the ATH-CKM33 or ATH-CKM55. Anyone check them out for comparision?

Jan 17, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #770 of 100,618
OK guys just got my philips she3580. I am still in shock how clear these iems are. I mean for $10??! You gotta be kidding me. Even my fxt90 isnt twice better. I cant believe how good these can sound with EQ. Ill burn them in for another 50 hours and see how it goes. Still in shock

Yes I know, incredible isn't it? :cool: May I ask what EQ settings you're using? Similar to one of those I posted for this phone by any chance?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 17, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #771 of 100,618

Quote:
Yes I know, incredible isn't it?
cool.gif
May I ask what EQ settings you're using? Similar to one of those I posted for this phone by any chance?

Im not sure if ive seen your eq settings but mine is sort of a v-shaped eq with the mids being raised 3-4 db higher. Man these things are a giant killer i tell ya

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #772 of 100,618
i have both, the brookstone clears are bass centric. large, full, rich, so much that midrange and treble are overwhelmed. you hear it and it's all there but overshadowed. in fact the clarity of the dual driver is very good. the ports are on the ends of the earpieces, easily covered you find voice is nice, treble is smooth. these hps you'd wear in a near noise free environment. isolation is not the strong point, they are musical and still put a smile on my face.

the Tt in comparison is more dynamic and natural. when i go from the brookstones to the Tt i don't wonder what happened to the bass which is my impression coming from a lot of single ba's
i think the Tts and clears complement each other very well. i carry both with me but forced to take one only i'd go with the Tts

Quote:
I am still interested in hearing more what ppl think of the Brookstone clear doubles vs the Isurus...
I now have the she9700 on the way and think that maybe that plastic wiring cover from the housing can be removed and make em more discrete. I would rather them over the she3580 for the convenience of not having to play with the EQ.
Not excited about the she3580 and the she9700 cable they have... the cc51 cable is horrendous.

Jan 17, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #773 of 100,618
deleted

Jan 17, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #774 of 100,618

Quote:
Wow. So you prefer the original?

After some experimentation, no.

I put some air paper card, between the house and lycra fabric.

To view, is the best set i ever had with Isurus.

Increased detail in the soundstage, I hear the distant chorus voice, more clearer and natural looking.

The sounds in soundstage are more separate and distinct.

Bass is not a issue for me because i like, as it is, neutral and present when is needed.
I think the paper card may have eliminated some of the sharp resonance of the stock plastic cover.... somehow shouldhave mitigated any brighter.

Or is just burn-in still working.

I think the drives are from good level, but only placed in a nest weak ), it's a matter of trying improve it ..... many high-end iem, use filters for better SQ, even SM3 V1.
Next step, is try diferents filters inside nozzle.

Jan 17, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #775 of 100,618
In the meantime, fed up with mine i've thrown caution to the wind, and totally stuffed them with epoxy putty.

Interesting, mids are more forward and the bass is more prominent, and the sibilance i hated has reduced a bit.

They are still uncomfortable so double flanges will be on the way soon.

But at last the sound is now more to my liking, they have a bit of body to them.

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #776 of 100,618
Just received my TTSs finally

First impressions are pretty good, it didnt really blow me away but I suppose it does sound technically better than my UEs
build isn't too bad but one phone does wiggle a tiny bit

Couple of annoying things with my iPhone 4 however, firstly the mic doesnt work and when listening to music it does 3 ticks in each phone and repeats nonstop, it is hardly audible but on quiet bits it is very frustrating, I've tested this on 2 iPhone 4, a 4S, 3GS and an iPad and it only happens on the iPhone 4
secondly, for some reason when they're plugged into my iPhone it doesn't automatically lock anymore?

Cant really get my head round the fit either at the moment, it's odd but is comfy none the less, just doesn't seem to be air tight no matter what buds I use, the fit is better if you wear them on opposite ears but it's less comfortable

Ill be ordering the SHE3583 as well to see if that's what I'm looking for. 

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #777 of 100,618
Nice to hear, I have been tempted to try the brookstones for some time now... have you by chance tried any of the xears?

Quote:
i have both, the brookstone clears are bass centric. large, full, rich, so much that midrange and treble are overwhelmed. you hear it and it's all there but overshadowed. in fact the clarity of the dual driver is very good. the ports are on the ends of the earpieces, easily covered you find voice is nice, treble is smooth. these hps you'd wear in a near noise free environment. isolation is not the strong point, they are musical and still put a smile on my face.

the Tt in comparison is more dynamic and natural. when i go from the brookstones to the Tt i don't wonder what happened to the bass which is my impression coming from a lot of single ba's
i think the Tts and clears complement each other very well. i carry both with me but forced to take one only i'd go with the Tts

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #779 of 100,618
been listening to all my buds, and guess who takes the crown? the good old phillips 3850. never can get a super good seal with the thermal takes, and can be harsh sometimes with highs. the phillips 9700 sound fantastic with good stuff but can be too revealing with bad recordings and make things sound bad, but the 3580 sound great all the time with everything! amazing for 10.00! if these could be recabled can you imagine?

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #780 of 100,618
Yo D's gotta say thanks sooo much dude. Both the TT's and the xeports arrived today. Xeports sound amazing better than any of the phones I have heard and this is out the box no burn in. Then I opened the TT's (really great packaging like the higher end V-Moda phones)....... I put them on and...... I **** you not, I had the biggest smile on my face like a kid on Christmas morning and my mouth just hung open for the duration of the song. I've heard this song sooo many times but it was a totaly different song this time. I don't know why but I just got happy like I was high or something. My song that I auditioned these headphones with (if you don't like this song your brain is wired wrong lol) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqVi-QwDEgI

THANKS AGIAIN D'S!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back