The discovery thread!
Jan 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #721 of 100,604
Quote:
I Would love to listen from you, some considerations, about TT compared to FX700 that are too, a open IEM like TT.

I'm not hoping that you say they are equal, but i want to know far is it, if for me would make a great upgrade.

with Isurus, I discovered that I am a big fan of huge soundstages with good detail.

Lust dont listen Isurus, before a good and hard Burn-in, mine only began to be audible after 100 hours, i think.

Hi, if you love open IEMs with good soundstage, there are several options that I would consider better than the TT. The best bang/buck would most likely be the Brookstone Clear Dual-Drive Earbuds (same OEM as Radius DDM2), then the Radius DDM/DDM2 and the JVC FX500 and FX700. All of them are more refined imo than the TT, but sound signatures vary a bit. Check out the threads on these phones to get a better idea. I didn't give up on the Isurus because they're unbearable to listen to, but I prefer the DDM that are similarly spacious with less midbass bloat and less sharp highs. The FX700 have quite a lot of midbass, but it's more controlled than on the TT and their highs are significantly better than the TT's.

Jan 14, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #722 of 100,604
Ya I was looking at the comply tips online and those have an extra wax guard in them. But I think they will sound very much similar to these ones that are on the Gr07 or these. These are earphones plus foamies that they sell on amazon..I think one of the reasons why bi flange tips works out well for the isurus is because how long the tips are.. These are long and use foam as a material so these have some potential to be solid earphone tips. Will have to get some to try out.

Jan 14, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #723 of 100,604

Quote:
Hi, if you love open IEMs with good soundstage, there are several options that I would consider better than the TT. The best bang/buck would most likely be the Brookstone Clear Dual-Drive Earbuds (same OEM as Radius DDM2), then the Radius DDM/DDM2 and the JVC FX500 and FX700. All of them are more refined imo than the TT, but sound signatures vary a bit. Check out the threads on these phones to get a better idea. I didn't give up on the Isurus because they're unbearable to listen to, but I prefer the DDM that are similarly spacious with less midbass bloat and less sharp highs. The FX700 have quite a lot of midbass, but it's more controlled than on the TT and their highs are significantly better than the TT's.

Thanks for the reply,

Do you think FX-500, would be a huge upgrade to Isurus?
In general as a big difference?

Thx.

Jan 14, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #725 of 100,604

Quote:

I started the thread on the Brookstones and the Isurus has easily the better SQ. Hands down better sound and better value. Signature varies and the Brookstones is forgiving and an easy listen which everyone should like. But I can't think of one area the Brookstone wins at. Detail, clarity, transparency, speed, extension, stage size and airiness. They even have a similar fit and comfort level. Dsnuts and eke put them not far off the GR07. I can see that some might not like their sound sig over the Brookstone but hard to see them not being seen as the more refined of the two. Having heard all three(DDM1(bought), DDM2(loaner), and Brookstone(bought)) my pair of Isurus has the least bass amount, least mid-bass, and most clear bass of all four. Just my experience though with stock DUNU tips from a pair of Trident
bigsmile_face.gif
and unamped.

On an aside, I just sold an old case this morning and decided to buy a pair of these...
http://newgiz.blogspot.com/2011/11/panasonic-in-ear-buds-earphones-review.html with the unexpected funds. I got a pair of the black. They have been getting good reviews on Amazon and elsewhere. Been wanting to try them out. Someone earlier in this thread said they liked a pair of Panasonic more than the Philips. They should be fun to compare to the 3580. They were $10.45 shipped from Adorama.

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #727 of 100,604
Quote:
I started the thread on the Brookstones and the Isurus has easily the better SQ. Hands down better sound and better value. Signature varies and the Brookstones is forgiving and an easy listen which everyone should like. But I can't think of one area the Brookstone wins at. Detail, clarity, transparency, speed, extension, stage size and airiness. They even have a similar fit and comfort level. Dsnuts and eke put them not far off the GR07. I can see that some might not like their sound sig over the Brookstone but hard to see them not being seen as the more refined of the two. Having heard all three(DDM1(bought), DDM2(loaner), and Brookstone(bought)) my pair of Isurus has the least bass amount, least mid-bass, and most clear bass of all four. Just my experience though with stock DUNU tips from a pair of Trident
bigsmile_face.gif
and unamped.

Well, different pair of ears then, or maybe product variation in TTs. I didn't hear much real clarity from my pair of Isurus, the lower mids were noticably affected by bass, and I don't count fake detail from thin and sharp treble as actual detail. The TT's treble were most reminiscent of the ClarityOnes, which too try to fake clarity with thin/sharp treble. If you have a test track that shows off superior detail on the TTs over the DDM, please post it and I'll check with my DDMs. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of the DDM's slightly dark sound signature and wear them with a loose fit to attenuate bass, but they sound very agreeable to my ears that way. The TTs on the other hand can't be worn loosely to tame their bass, because that makes their treble even thinner and more sibilant. Of course stage size and airiness also benefit from a loose seal with the DDMs, but you just can't do the same with the TTs. jm2c.

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #728 of 100,604

Quote:
Thanks for the reply,

Do you think FX-500, would be a huge upgrade to Isurus?
In general as a big difference?

Thx

I think it would be best to ask Inks, since he's heard both the CKM99 (the TT's alleged sibling) and the newer batch FX500. My FX500 were from an older batch and would distort bass at high volume, but Inks told me this has been fixed on the newer batches.

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #729 of 100,604

Quote:
bigsmile_face.gif
and unamped.

On an aside, I just sold an old case this morning and decided to buy a pair of these...
http://newgiz.blogspot.com/2011/11/panasonic-in-ear-buds-earphones-review.html with the unexpected funds. I got a pair of the black. They have been getting good reviews on Amazon and elsewhere. Been wanting to try them out. Someone earlier in this thread said they liked a pair of Panasonic more than the Philips. They should be fun to compare to the 3580. They were $10.45 shipped from Adorama.

I bought the Panasonic HJE160 a while ago as I was curious to try some Panasonic earphones..I thought those had some potential but I found the music somewhat thin and compressed sounding from them. While they have proper highs mids and bass I just couldn't get into them so I sold them but wasn't 100% disappointed with the sound. So I ended up getting these to see if they have a better more refined  sound. The Panasonic HJE350 slimz earphones. I was considering their HJE450 model for $5 more but there are as much negative reviews on them as the positive ones.  The HJE350 Turns out to be a very solid sub $20 earphone. The sound is complete clean and balanced well, and while it has the same sound signature as the cheaper HJE160. These correct the thinness of sound on the HJE160. I can understand why the majority of reviews on Amazon for these are positive. These offer a solid value for the money and sound way better than any pack in earphone you get with your mp3 players..

For casual listeners these are indeed a good option. I was surprised that after some burn in these have a much more complete sound than on open box. Solid build, minimum microphonics, no cord memory, While they look similar in style to the isurus. The physical size is actually a small one so they will fit everyone.. If you guys end up enjoying the lower numbered model of these Panasonics. I can tell you these are a more refined version and are definitely worth the money spent to get one..

The bass on these HJE350 is very surprising. Much like the bass on the SHE3580. These have a complete and full dynamic satisfactory bass with some mid bass hump but nothing too annoying. The overall sound is a smooth and sweet one and they do share some similarities to the Philips SHE3580.  The only negative that comes to the sound on these is the sound stage. It is very similar to the sound staging on the Philips SHE3580 just a tad smaller. 

The driver sits inside your ears similar to the SHE3580 and is a closed design so it does not have a wide stage that most prefer, I would even say a mid/smallish stage I think that is what lead to the compressed sound on the HJE160s. If the drivers were vented or angled where they sit outside your ear a bit on these, these would get a thread from me but ultimately this is the only true issue with these..Otherwise it has a smooth and sweet tone to the sound that makes them an easy casual listen.. It is a phone that non audiophiles and casual listeners will absolutely love but for guys that demand tops in sound and performance for your cash. We have a thread called TT isurus and Philips SHE3580.. These do compete with the SHE3580. But these also cost double.

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #730 of 100,604
Heh, shouldn't this just be called the "Dsnuts Cheap IEM Odyssey" or something else than the current thread title? :D

That said, I'm still enjoying the Isurus here. At least using it more than my TF10's for now.

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #731 of 100,604
Thanks for the impressions on the Panny's Dsnuts. I was most interested the newer HJE180 as they tout a new dimpled driver and they have a greater FR than the older 350 and 450. That, the price, the decent reviews, and the short stem design similar to the Philips. We'll see if they give the 3580 a run or not :)

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #732 of 100,604

Quote:
Heh, shouldn't this just be called the "Dsnuts Cheap IEM Odyssey" or something else than the current thread title?
biggrin.gif

That said, I'm still enjoying the Isurus here. At least using it more than my TF10's for now.

A Dsnuts odyssey. I like that. Lol!!

Quote:
Thanks for the impressions on the Panny's Dsnuts. I was most interested the newer HJE180 as they tout a new dimpled driver and they have a greater FR than the older 350 and 450. That, the price, the decent reviews, and the short stem design similar to the Philips. We'll see if they give the 3580 a run or not :)

Let us know how you like them. I am a huge fan of Panasonic stuff. If you guys don't know already. Lol! You tell me if they are worthy I will snag those up in a hurry. I do like these HJE350s but am always looking for an upgrade..

Jan 14, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #733 of 100,604

Quote:
Heh, shouldn't this just be called the "Dsnuts Cheap IEM Odyssey" or something else than the current thread title?
biggrin.gif

I was using the Isurus more as well just for putting hours on them and getting used to them. The Isurus seems pretty competitive to a stock TF10 but my recabled TF10 is a much cleaner window into the music and shows it who's boss. Quicker, more extended esp. on the high end, and makes the Isurus sound clouded(but still short of muddy). Actually using the large 3580 tips on my TF10 right now. I'll try the Jlab tips when I get those as well on both the UE and Tt. The blue should look cool on the UE.

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #735 of 100,604
So quick question. can someone tell me the SQ diff between the SHE 9700 and the ISURUS? I've just ordered the latter, but after after reading some of the rave reviews on the 9700 over the 3580, I've been curious about them. But do tell me if i'm getting the wrong impression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back