The discovery thread!
May 25, 2024 at 8:13 AM Post #103,141 of 106,847
Listening to the CCA Polaris right before my workshift starts. Trying to get my money's worth out of them, since they arrived, I haven't really given them much play, as I've mostly stuck with the ST7 and ZS10 pro 2, and EA500LM. Probably listening to the wrong genre with these (metal), so i'm enjoying the timbre and bass, but missing some level of refinement and detail retrieval. Just missing something? I'll keep listening.
Metal is something I don’t listen to but there’s one or two tracks I like… on the Symphony they sounded so alive and majestic I almost wondered if I would begin to like the genre haha. Side note: the D-fi also played the track very well too.

May 25, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #103,142 of 106,847
Hello Friends,

Last week lost my laptop and phone lol, both of them broke down due to a sudden mishappening by me lol. Lost my login to Head-Fi,m But I received many shipments last week, got the DaVinci, ROSESELSA RS9039, KOTORI Audio Vampire, etc. I will post impressions on them later.

For the past week, I have been listening to the KOTORI Vampire, it's really nice single BA set with good bass. My mind has not been entirely focused on listening due to all the repairing damage lol but here are a few images of the pair I clicked today.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 5.45.34 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 5.45.34 PM (1).jpeg

May 25, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #103,143 of 106,847
talking about kz budget 1dd, short early impression of libra by CountryBoyHK in Knowledge Zenith thread.

Tried both demos of Libra, prefered the balanced version over the high res. Overall smooth and neutral sounding, not as bassy as the Trio. The high res. version of Libra is a bit bright to me. Both version have amazing sound quality with an unbeatable price.

hows the resolution?
First impression, the resolution can compete with my Castor Bass, with better imaging, more airy sounding. So glad to see KZ still launch new iem without switches.

How is it compared to Aria 2 that they compare in graph?

So unfortunately I owned a Aria 2 before, and its been sent to the trash box due to seriously chipping and oxidizing. The Libra shares similar intimate tuning but still cant match the Aria 2 lush and bodied. On the hand, the Libra's soundstage and dynamic range is extremely good within its price range.

1000023112.png
1000023111.png

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 8:52 AM Post #103,144 of 106,847
Post in thread 'TangZu Audio (formerly known as TForce Audio) IEMs Discussion Thread'
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tan...o-iems-discussion-thread.958497/post-18142735

Unhappy update on my damaged Xuan Nv sets that I keep receiving from Amazon. Now I don’t think I’ll get it here in time for my trip this June. And they were supposed to be a gift!!
FWIW, I did like the sound… smooth and polished. Maybe I’ll buy a copy for myself later when hopefully the crazy quality control issues have been fixed :frowning2:

May 25, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #103,145 of 106,847
Here a more happy update from my side, but sorry to hear the bad news about your set @jbfps116 , hope you can still sort it out somehow.

Tried my new Sliivo SL41 now with the unusual cylindrical shaped DUNU S&S tips and I can't believe I write this now, but with quite some trial and error experience in tip-rolling, I have never came across such a huge change in sound signature solely by changing to another tip. Sure, we know that you can definitely change nuances in the signature of an IEM, e.g. with trying wide bore tips vs. narrow bore, silicone, foam, diameter, length, and so on... but holy moly, with the S&S, they finally sound so different I can't believe it. Now they're much more to my liking. They audibly boosted the bass and gave more authority to the mids and at the same time they smoothened out the upper treble and air region a little bit. This change was surprisingly drastic, wow.
Sure, when it comes to tips, everything becomes an individual experience due to many influencing factors, but I just would still recommend to try these tips out if you have the chance.

Now I begin to understand why @ToneDeafMonk gave them a 9/10.... really well spent 180€ and they begin now to play definitely above their price point. Thxx TDM :beerchug:

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #103,147 of 106,847
01.11.2011. very interesting numbers...coincidance or on purpose? :)
In almost 15 years, 250 posts...and now, in a couple of weeks, 100 posts???
Interesting chap! :ksc75smile:

Cheers! :wink:
Yes, I can explain: I began my audiophile journey in the late 90s, while I was a young bum and the older brother of a good friend of mine was into this hobby, but solely with a room setup (which he changed of course every half a year or year, lol). So some weekends we sat down, had some good beer, listened to some crazy good music, (and sometimes, young and dumb as we were, some green stuff occasionally :thinking: :laughing: ). I was so hooked by what I heard that it was like a revelation. But I had no money back then, I was still studying, but after finishing Uni, having a job, and regular income, I began to save up for buying my own setup for home.... and it was good and enjoyable for many years to come. I also changed and fine-tuned my home setup over the years. So, I was "only" into stationary hi-end equipment for most of my adult life... until back in the late 2000's I learned that you can have hi-end in your pocket, and due to my job which involved quite some travelling, I acquired my first portable setup, the iBasso DX90, modified my Samsung Glalaxy S1 and S2 (rofl) with sound optimized ROM's, and bought some closed circumaurals and IEM's,. I registered here in 2011, yes, and I was a bit active here but mostly was just lurking...(you can see this from my posting history). >>>> fast forward to now: My life changed drastically, I got married and have children (rather late in my life, so they are still young), and so it comes that I cannot anymore just have some listening sessions with my floorstanders till late at night 🤷‍♂️ and I went back now to read and reseach what's new on the market since so many years... and wow, I think we all know what giant leaps this hobby made when it comes to portable setups. So, in the end I revived my account and began to become even much more active now, also due to my profession, where I work since the last 12 years, the hearing sciences and med-tech engineering... and when the kids and my family give me a break (hmm, does that ever happen??🤣) I seem to be much more motivated now and also gladly can afford the one or the other IEM or DAP, and my natural curiosity and my love for cool gear brought me quickly very deep down the rabbit hole again... so that's my story with "In almost 15 years, 250 posts...and now, in a couple of weeks, 100 posts???"

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #103,148 of 106,847
Coreir is magic and thus worth the money for the idea itself alone.

I have just swapped the S&S for the Coreir on my T5S and improvements are nothing short of astounding.

1000013550.jpg

1000013551.jpg

Coreir's magic is rooted in simple physics. It does not obstruct the sound path and cleans up first reflections to 'trick' our brain into easier localization of sound.
I would not want to know what sort of shape S&S conforms into to fit my ear canal haha, whereas Coreir will not tolerate any ear canal domination.

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #103,149 of 106,847
Here a more happy update from my side, but sorry to hear the bad news about your set @jbfps116 , hope you can still sort it out somehow.

Tried my new Sliivo SL41 now with the unusual cylindrical shaped DUNU S&S tips and I can't believe I write this now, but with quite some trial and error experience in tip-rolling, I have never came across such a huge change in sound signature solely by changing to another tip. Sure, we know that you can definitely change nuances in the signature of an IEM, e.g. with trying wide bore tips vs. narrow bore, silicone, foam, diameter, length, and so on... but holy moly, with the S&S, they finally sound so different I can't believe it. Now they're much more to my liking. They audibly boosted the bass and gave more authority to the mids and at the same time they smoothened out the upper treble and air region a little bit. This change was surprisingly drastic, wow.
Sure, when it comes to tips, everything becomes an individual experience due to many influencing factors, but I just would still recommend to try these tips out if you have the chance.

Now I begin to understand why @ToneDeafMonk gave them a 9/10.... really well spent 180€ and they begin now to play definitely above their price point. Thxx TDM :beerchug:
I found a sound demo an i like what i hear. I hope this IEM will land in Germany/EU.

May 25, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #103,151 of 106,847
Excited for this one after buying the Shanling M5Ultra, the Cayin N3Ultra going to go full out and now get the iBasso DX180 , I loved the DX160, DX170

Headphone-Zone-iBasso-DX180-01.jpg

690mw of juice and light weight will have to make this my carry dap.

It has a Volume Wheel , replaceable battery and some impressive specs!
I'm usually not a baby blue guy, but DAMN is that thing pretty!
Nah, different types, IMHO.

There are many ways to be safe. Moondrop and Simgot are “safe” in the sense that there is no surprised, (they are harman or diffused field with bass boost). This one is “safe” because Lee tunes the midrange with right with less ear gain. But he left a small peak around 5k or so to keep you awake.
I completely agree!
IMG_9290.jpeg

This morning I pulled out a set that I haven't listened to in a while: Letshuoer Kinda Lava + UA5.

They are still good IEMs.

I never understood how they managed to put 4 ESTs in there.

They are quite small and comfortable, but have a short nozzle.

You have to put the right tips, otherwise goodbye basses.
You using a cheese grader as a back drop, my guy? LOL just kidding, the color matching is looking SICK! Enjoy

I have just swapped the S&S for the Coreir on my T5S and improvements are nothing short of astounding.

1000013550.jpg

1000013551.jpg

Coreir's magic is rooted in simple physics. It does not obstruct the sound path and cleans up first reflections to 'trick' our brain into easier localization of sound.
I would not want to know what sort of shape S&S conforms into to fit my ear canal haha, whereas Coreir will not tolerate any ear canal domination.
Man, I haven't tried my Coreirs on almost anything since I got them, I found them weird in terms of fit... Going to have to break them out again to see whats what!

May 25, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #103,152 of 106,847
Post in thread 'TangZu Audio (formerly known as TForce Audio) IEMs Discussion Thread'
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tan...o-iems-discussion-thread.958497/post-18142735

Unhappy update on my damaged Xuan Nv sets that I keep receiving from Amazon. Now I don’t think I’ll get it here in time for my trip this June. And they were supposed to be a gift!!
FWIW, I did like the sound… smooth and polished. Maybe I’ll buy a copy for myself later when hopefully the crazy quality control issues have been fixed :frowning2:

That's really unfortunate! I'm wondering if I should open up my package that I had bought for my niece just to ensure I'm not getting her a damaged product.

May 25, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #103,153 of 106,847

1000013550.jpg

1000013551.jpg

Awesome! Good to hear... but these are so frickin' expensive and hard to source here in Europe.. still must have them asap :wink: :thumbsup:

May 25, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #103,154 of 106,847
I found a sound demo an i like what i hear. I hope this IEM will land in Germany/EU.
I simply ordered them at HiFiGo, and I'm happy with them overall, because you can select "all duties and taxes paid by HiFiGo" and that works nicely for us here in Europe. (Ok, sometimes their support takes ages, but sometimes they answer within just minutes... a bit odd)

May 25, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #103,155 of 106,847

Don't hate me when I tell you the Tribrid is close. The SL41 MKii has a very special tuning and such a killer value , brands like these better have some name brands shaking in thier shoes the value equation is unreal. What was 2k last year we are seeing for $700 1K stuff $500 and $400 IEM's that were released in 2023 now have to compete with sub $200 IEM'S.

Another shift we are seeing is that lots of these OEM manufacturers are bypassing distributors and going direct and using people like the Canuck Audioholics Anomomous Review Group to spread the word and we are thrilled.

It used to be the distributors were pushing a very marked up gear or house brand and making alot , I mean ALOT of profit. The manufacturers were seeing how greedy they are and start selling and branding their own products for less. Once something catches on by word of mouth Then the distributors are then picking up the product to sell but with normal margins.

This has been fantastic for the hobby and I hope this trend continues.

We love bringing bangers to light.
Simgot was first now PULA, Myer-Audio,
Alpha Omega, Oriveti, Katori Audio even NiceHCK , Plunge Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back