The discovery thread!
May 23, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #102,856 of 106,567
Look the same to me other than mega5 colour and the scale. What am I missing?
Different bass and treble extension, the normal one have more bass and treble extension, leaner high mids , on IEF compensated less bass less treble extension and more high mids focused, you can ABing them in squid link by yourself by clicking the IEF compensation button repeatedly.

May 23, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #102,858 of 106,567
Oh yeah I love the cooler vibe of that album, as far as production goes I’m not too keen on it though. Like, that first track for example is pretty sharp and uncompressed imo, I wouldn’t use revealing gear with this.

I was gonna post this one from Comfortable Void which is my fav album of his, warmer vibe. The bass throughout the whole album has higher quantity but damn is it soothing.

There's an endless amount of electronica tracks with uber cool binaural soundscape vibes tbh.

May 23, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #102,859 of 106,567
Never found S12 that bassy except when EQed, and it got that sharp metallic upper midrange just screwing up any warmth. The S15 has much less upper mids and it helps, but still planar bass (DD fanboy)

Looking at measurements the EJ07M should be a little more warm than Cadenza4, still within what's natural I guess. Would probably love it, measurement look like something for me.

In a way the Cadenza4 is like a little brother of the Mega5EST that's so popular now, just a little extra vocal clarity on Cadenza4 and not as good air as Mega5EST.

Almost every set coming out these days are decent, cannot be easy right now to make top a IEM that will succeed for a long time.
I "tune" the S12 with a mesh filter and sony clones tips, to make them less sharp on the treble section.

Best planar I've got on the collection.

The EJ07M was one of my first tribirds. Probably one of my 3top (EJ07M, KINERA URD, DUNU EST112). Relaxed on the treble, long and beautiful bass, intimate sound (not stage).

On the train... enjoying one of my favourites

20240523_162741.jpg

May 23, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #102,863 of 106,567
It seems like the Simgot Supermix 4 has almost the same graph as the Kiwiears Quintet, with similar technicalities. That puts it off my list of puchases as I don't need a new IEM that will sound very much the same as one I already own. I'll just have to 'hold it in' until something else comes along. EM10 looks to be a pretty V-shaped set. Quite expensive, too. And it has beautiful packaging for sure. Probably not for me either. I love the look of Aful Explorer but don't think they will sit comfortably in my ear. I need shells without that protrusion at the end and shorter nozzles.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #102,864 of 106,567
It seems like the Simgot Supermix 4 has almost the same graph as the Kiwiears Quintet, with similar technicalities. That puts it off my list of puchases as I don't need a new IEM that will sound very much the same as one I already own. I'll just have to 'hold it in' until something else comes along. EM10 looks to be a pretty V-shaped set. Quite expensive, too. And it has beautiful packaging for sure. Probably not for me either. I love the look of Aful Explorer but don't think they will sit comfortably in my ear. I need shells without that protrusion at the end and shorter nozzles.
Makes you wonder how close it'll sound compared to the EM6L with 400 or 500 filter. Fine, DaVinci it is then!
1716476786608.png

1716476804008.png

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #102,867 of 106,567
My Sliivo slt-6 arrived just now. First impressions are good but damn that nozzle is big!! It wasn't easy to slip on some Divinus Velvet and even then I wonder if I get the seal from the umbrella or the stem? On my other IEMs the Divinus seem to be more comfortable. It seems Myer audio recommends 100 hours of burn-in but ootb they already sound good to me. Not as fun as my other sets but can still agree to it on UD setting. I will try and compare them with my Himalaya and TSMR-x properly another time. If anyone has some song suggestions that show the strength of an all BA set I am all for.

May 23, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #102,869 of 106,567
@activatorfly I’m familiar with those! I have Spontaneous Illumination in wav.
Tbf they're all part of a really old tracklist collection on my Cayin N3: re-listening to them via the 3D lens of RhapsoDelci holophonics !!....Newer collection (on Hiby R6 Pro) is mind-blowing lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back