The discovery thread!
May 8, 2024 at 4:24 AM Post #100,831 of 103,019
Interesting. This one has two diaphragms within one dynamic driver. The only other IEM with this kind of design that I have seen is an FAudio one. I wonder what’s the benefit.
I think i saw ads for dual membrane DD from a DD makers.
but on that one, one layer is on the top of the dd and the other is on the bottom.
giving like a dual sided drum design.

The graph in KS10 shows this might be stacked on top each other. directly dual layering it...

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #100,832 of 103,019
😮 Whhyyyy?

IMG_2407.jpeg

🤣 Because purple.

May 8, 2024 at 4:32 AM Post #100,833 of 103,019
My personal TOP 5 IEM's for metal (all relevant genres including death/black/doom/thrash)

1. Aur Audio Aures - The kings due to their technical ability, stage, bass speed. heft and resolution and most of all, the crystalline mids

2. TRN ST7 - The newest stunning budget brawlers for metal! Resolution, bass, timbre, detail retrieval, and stage set the scene for amazingly rendered madness!

3. CCA Trio - If the Trio had just a bit more thickness in the mids, and a touch more resolution, they'd be ahead of the ST7, but they lack where the ST7 doesn't, but still stunningly great for metal lovers for all they do right, including the detail retrieval and that special sauce stage and imaging.

4. Simgot EA500LM - Pretty close to the Trio, but a point deducted for that nozzle filter imbalance (gold filter reigns in the treble too much, and the silver/red ring provides just a touch too much treble at times, causing some grain and sibilance), but still killer for metal of all subgenres. A classy musical listen.

5. Zero Audio Tenore/Simgot EW200 - Tied. Both provide great mids, extended treble and resolution needed to excel with metal, but both lack bass heft, and the mid bass is soft, so lacking the total package that makes for peerless listening to all subgenres. Still, on a budget, and on the go, they will step in just fine, just not great.
I think you can potencialy loved timsok. It is warm warmer than ea 1000. Resolution is super good with precision like no iem i have ever good. Clearer than ea 1000. More matured tuning no artefacts in sound. Bass hits harder than ea 1000. Basicaly dont have one bad thing it is perfect in every aspect and in our forum members say it can be priced 1500 dolars. It is perfect iem.

May 8, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #100,834 of 103,019
May 8, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #100,835 of 103,019
I think you can potencialy loved timsok. It is warm warmer than ea 1000. Resolution is super good with precision like no iem i have ever good. Clearer than ea 1000. More matured tuning no artefacts in sound. Bass hits harder than ea 1000. Basicaly dont have one bad thing it is perfect in every aspect and in our forum members say it can be priced 1500 dolars. It is perfect iem.
Which Timsok? There are 3 of em.

https://www.timsok.com/collections/all

May 8, 2024 at 4:51 AM Post #100,836 of 103,019
I think i saw ads for dual membrane DD from a DD makers.
but on that one, one layer is on the top of the dd and the other is on the bottom.
giving like a dual sided drum design.

The graph in KS10 shows this might be stacked on top each other. directly dual layering it...
FAudio Spring: https://shop.musicteck.com/products/faudio-spring

It seems in this case each diaphragm does a different thing. Having tested Project ACE, I would say FAudio seems legit when it comes to single DD

May 8, 2024 at 4:52 AM Post #100,837 of 103,019
😮 Whhyyyy?

🤣Because purple.
If it for purple, i would recommend Blon Jojo

1715158374737.png

FAudio Spring: https://shop.musicteck.com/products/faudio-spring

It seems in this case each diaphragm does a different thing. Having tested Project ACE, I would say FAudio seems legit when it comes to single DD

1715158476039.png

interesting thought process, but does it gonna work like putting a filter on top of another filter?

"oh this filter good for treble and this other one is good for low, lets stack them."
and only ended having super dense filter that might not be good for both.

...we'll lets wait and see how it KS10 actually perform i suppose.

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 5:01 AM Post #100,838 of 103,019
May 8, 2024 at 5:09 AM Post #100,839 of 103,019
I like extension and shimmer, because I was a singer in metal bands, and so I was around the sound of cymbal ride, crashes, and hi hat strikes, and I love that lingering extension, but I'm not a fan of shrill or sibilant or peaky
100% my taste as well. Usually the first thing I do with any new IEM is to fire up None So Vile by Cryptopsy because I've listened to that thing a thousand times, and then Mgła and Ulcerate to hear that wonderful cymbal work. If it gets me this realistic energetic, visceral cymbal strikes with that extended, lingering shimmer then it's a keeper.

It's actually hard to pass the test. Most IEMs in my signature don't.

Like many there was a time I thought I was treble sensitive, when in fact it's the 2-5kHz region that really ruins it for me.

May 8, 2024 at 6:00 AM Post #100,842 of 103,019
100% my taste as well. Usually the first thing I do with any new IEM is to fire up None So Vile by Cryptopsy because I've listened to that thing a thousand times, and then Mgła and Ulcerate to hear that wonderful cymbal work. If it gets me this realistic energetic, visceral cymbal strikes with that extended, lingering shimmer then it's a keeper.

It's actually hard to pass the test. Most IEMs in my signature don't.

Like many there was a time I thought I was treble sensitive, when in fact it's the 2-5kHz region that really ruins it for me.
Yup, that mids to treble transition can be rough, it really needs to be harman-like or you risk dealing with harshness, unless of course you repress the whole upper midrange. Rise from 1k to 2k but then it drops off? No good. 1k-4k/5k? Also no good. 1k-2.5/3/3.5? Money.

May 8, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #100,844 of 103,019
I've heard Bellsings were made by Knowles ex-employees who left the company to make Knowles BA clones.

People often call Sonion BAs the best in the market but are Knowles noticeably better than Bellsings?
The new generation of Bellsing are quite more refined right now compare to previous ones due to some changes on its material composition.

Still, I always prefer on sets with Knowles or Sonion BAs on their internals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back