The discovery thread!
May 4, 2024 at 6:38 AM Post #100,472 of 102,817
[...]
Might have to try these earplugs. I am getting bombarded with advertisements for 'earloops' too, have you (or anyone else) tried these?

And please tell me more about your singing, I'm only just starting my semi-serious singing career too! I'm releasing a new cover tomorrow actually!

[...]

No experience with any quality earplugs besides Earasers. I started with crap foam plugs and graduated to Earasers upon the recommendation of one of the guitar players in our band, who swears by them. He was right -- they're excellent.
Just to add a little something to this exchange:
Personally, I've abandoned custom Molded Earplugs and switched to Earasers (https://www.earasers.shop/products/earasers-music-earplugs-2024).
Well, it's a question of feeling as always, but for me it's the best solution I've found in terms of ‘musical rendering quality’, as well as being more comfortable, discrete and more economical in comparison (I use the -19 to -31dB models, depending on the type of gig I go to).
I've had these Earasers for 6 years now, and have no regrets after more than 15 years of custom protection.
I've also tested quite a few more conventional hearing protectors, including Earloops (the Experience Plus model) and I think they're very good. So, it's a good product but in my opinion, if you want to enjoy more the music at concerts, Earasers are better.

If you're going to gigs where the acoustic pressure is high (you know, festivals where you're in front of huge speakers or more ‘underground’ stuff where nobody controls the volume...), the safest solution I've found is from Flare Audio. I have the old Flare Isolate model (it's the Earshade now, because the eartips have evolved). It uses bone conduction so the attenuation is quite strong, too strong for me in standard conditions, but they are effective in the most "extreme" cases

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 7:07 AM Post #100,473 of 102,817
IMG_9079.jpeg

Setup this morning, with the IE600.

They still defend themselves very well, even though I've had them for 2 years.

Their sound seems 'thin' to me this morning, but I know that's not the case
(I've been listening to SERIAL and FAN for days, so it's understandable 😂).

I have never tried to find aftermarket eartips that are valid alternatives to the stock ones.

May 4, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #100,474 of 102,817
This morning retried listening to Delci whilst relaxed in bed. Now that I've attached better tips with zero slippage, there's a palpable difference. Imho this is the best way to focus on/be enveloped by their stage (which appears to be midway between expansive & intimate?) Additionally I was able to concentrate on compiling/saving several Hiby PEQ settings in order to contrast their tonality/performance across all frequencies. After almost a weeks burn-in the stage depth has definitely improved, emphasizing their 3D holophonic spectrum, whereby imaging/layering now seems way more nuanced - no matter how busy or binaurally convoluted the track is.....Cohesion is definitely the key here to appreciate just how incredibly musical they are !!

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #100,475 of 102,817
Has someone compared the xuan nv with the Delci?

May 4, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #100,476 of 102,817
It's exactly what I'm looking for… a smaller, cheaper DAP that has a different sound signature than the DX300. The R4 will give me a neutral sound and the portability I need to use with my IEMs.
Have you looked in to and or heard the Cayin N3 Ultra?

May 4, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #100,477 of 102,817
How do you like it?
Good bass presence typical for a Flipears tuned sets. Very resolving and a bit energetic which is excellent for female vocals. I actually tested almost all of their sets including one of their oldest entry-level set before, a single BA FlipEars Genesis.

May 4, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #100,478 of 102,817
May 4, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #100,479 of 102,817
May 4, 2024 at 7:51 AM Post #100,480 of 102,817
May 4, 2024 at 7:52 AM Post #100,481 of 102,817
I have it as my secondary music player brother. Bought a unit as soon as it launched in my Country(yeah the N3 Ultra was as exciting as it gets for me haha). What do you wanna know?

May 4, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #100,483 of 102,817
Thanks for the tip!! But, does the N3ultra, with its tubes, have a neutral sound? I thought the tubes would wash the sound towards the warmer, more analog side. And even so, even though I have a good library of FLAC music, I need streaming because I use it to discover new albums and new artists. So unfortunately DAP without streaming, just my M0 pro and R3 pro saber 2022 which I use for listening on the go or exercising.

May 4, 2024 at 8:25 AM Post #100,484 of 102,817
Thanks for the tip!! But, does the N3ultra, with its tubes, have a neutral sound? I thought the tubes would wash the sound towards the warmer, more analog side. And even so, even though I have a good library of FLAC music, I need streaming because I use it to discover new albums and new artists. So unfortunately DAP without streaming, just my M0 pro and R3 pro saber 2022 which I use for listening on the go or exercising.
The new R3ii is mu ch more musical. You need a full time DAP for your streaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back