Apr 30, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #100,172 of 101,948

Penon Fan2
They are so sweet, so lovely ❤️
Very very particular tuning, here we are not looking
for perfection but for the pleasure.
They don't go unnoticed.
They forgive old recordings so well.

Perfect for this music (but not only):

They’re a real world beater set when it comes to beautiful musicality. I need to get mine out again.

Apr 30, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #100,173 of 101,948
You ever start and think that a lot of the music you enjoy just isn’t produced well enough for hifi gear?

Yeah, some tracks in Ed Sheeran’s = album was so badly done that I use to test IEM for sibilance.

But the re-recording of Taylor Swift seems very fine.

Then we have the last recording of John Denver. Not only he sang amazingly, the recording studio was top notch. I kept listening even though I was suppose to listen to only one song to write down an impression for IEM

You know what is better than a weekly sidegrade Pokemon release?

A Star Wars Pokemon.

Presenting the KZ Vader.

4.JPG

The evil empire strikes back yes.

Tuning switches yes. Comes with 2 versions yes.

5.JPG
3.JPG

$34 USD

https://www.kztws.com/products/kz-vader

2.JPG

CCA can release obi-wan next week. Their battle would be epic.

What do you think the actual price will be? I'm thinking $179 USD.

That seems fair.

My god, the reverb of the second and third thunder in the 2nd movement of Summer :fearful:

The spiccato is also insane, right? The soloist is incredible.

Apr 30, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #100,174 of 101,948
Then we have the last recording of John Denver. Not only he sang amazingly, the recording studio was top notch. I kept listening even though I was suppose to listen to only one song to write down an impression for IEM

Yep. Eras have little to do with recording quality. So many rock albums have sounded like total garbage since the loudness wars infected studios in the early 90s, while Sir George Martin's Beatles' albums are impeccably recorded, mixed and mastered. And his son Giles' remasters of the Fab Four's catalog are even better, if that's possible.

Apr 30, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #100,175 of 101,948
image.jpg

Planned to finish reviewing the ACE but ended up listening and compulsively wrote down impressions of the EA1000 instead. Most of its aspects are alright and the DD being used here is quite good, but that stage is what this set interesting. It’s like there is another set of speakers outside the ear canals slightly echo the midrange notes. It’s subtle, kinda like the subtle effect of the vibrating plates (aka “bone conduction driver”) in MEST III.

Isolation is quite poor though. In louder environments, the lower mid is masked so I need to turn up the volume, and the shoutiness was unbearable with female vocal tracks.

Bass is kinda dry, but clean, hits deep, and quite textured.

I’ll keep burning in this set (aka listening every day)
You're killing me with that handwriting... :)

Apr 30, 2024 at 8:17 PM Post #100,176 of 101,948
No emoji can express just how sad but true that is.

In other news, EPZ Q5 is still such a well tempered single DD at its welcoming price.
1000013223.jpg
I have a couple of these same cables

Apr 30, 2024 at 8:20 PM Post #100,177 of 101,948
The most compact BQEYZ set yet?

20240430_152653.jpg20240430_152635.jpg

These are my initial impressions of BQEYZ CLOUD. BQEYZ is quite well-known for their innovative approach to the point that they are quite experimental in that regard and this new model is one of them. This one has a hybrid driver system consisting of dynamic driver and flexible auxiliary diaphragm unit which is BQEYZ's take on passive radiator and these components were housed in a metal alloy shell casing. The size of the shells is probably the most compact one among the BQEYZ sets that I've tested so far and this one will have no issues to folks with smaller lugholes.

As for tonality, this set is somehow divagating towards neutralish-bright tuning on how this tuning is more focused on the upper-mids up to the entirety of the treble region. Bright, sparkly and airy, as I describe it clearly as it will better on females vocals, strings, woodwinds and some chordophone percussives. But in my opinion, treble-sensitive folk might stay cautious on these particular types of tuning to their sensitivity of their hearing level limits.

For technical capabilities, BQEYZ products are known to have these strongest assets and the good thing is that the CLOUD has its DNA in these aspects. Excellent stereo imaging with layering and separation, a quite spacious sound field and pretty highly resolving in terms of micro-dynamics.

Check out my full review later.
So basically like Simgot?

Apr 30, 2024 at 8:27 PM Post #100,178 of 101,948
The studio behind this recording is incredible. (It goes without saying that the musicians are excellent)

One of the best rendition of four season violin concerti that I have ever listened.

@PhonoPhi not that I’m “industry insider” or anything but I do have the pleasure to talk to a few reps here and there. Most are not that insidious 😂 they are usually as geeky and passionate as you and I, if not more.

But yeah, I always wonder where the crossover between cheap and expensive gear is, especially if the cheap(er) gear has the same drivers and technology. But someone earlier today raised a good point: it’s sometimes cheaper to reverse engineer the R&D of others.

Anyhow, there is no shortage of good stuff at any price.
AMEN! The Simgot EA500LM playing through the Sony A45 on high gain with NO amp playing Between the Buried And Me - Colors is a aural pleasure at the outskirts of budget.

Apr 30, 2024 at 8:33 PM Post #100,179 of 101,948
Apr 30, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #100,180 of 101,948
LOL The Trio reshelled and labeled Vader by KZ LOL

I took one for the team and picked up the High-Resolution version. Debating on if I grab the balanced one for science.

darth-lumbergh.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 8:50 PM Post #100,181 of 101,948
I took one for the team and picked up the High-Resolution version. Debating on if I grab the balanced one for science.

darth-lumbergh.jpg
If the high res version means they improved the timbre and resolution at the top end with the Trio, which is where I feel is the weakness, as it's average, then maybe it's a potential buy? But everything else must remain the same?!

Apr 30, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #100,182 of 101,948
If the high res version means they improved the timbre and resolution at the top end with the Trio, which is where I feel is the weakness, as it's average, then maybe it's a potential buy? But everything else must remain the same?!

That's what I intend to find out, I'm hoping for such improvements as the Trio is quite the win for the brand. Speaking of the brand, my Hydro should be here any day now.

Apr 30, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #100,183 of 101,948
Apr 30, 2024 at 9:00 PM Post #100,184 of 101,948
Apr 30, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #100,185 of 101,948

Users who are viewing this thread

Back