• piss = urine
  • i need to take a piss = i need to urinate
  • x is pissing me off = x is annoying me
  • piss off = go away

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #99,648 of 100,507
What's pissing off?

Like, the dude who asks "what's pissing off?"

Just kidding :beyersmile:

But yeah, it's just a few individuals here and there, a few echo chambers here and there. Most of addicts audio geeks are passionate folks who are a joy to interact with.

Today I learned that the I/O Audio Volare has around 3ohm impedance and 127dB (per mW or Vrms?) sensitivity. Which nutcase designed an IEM like that :beyersmile: I can't imagine how source-picky that IEM is. We need more people making sensible IEMs like 64 Audio that can be used with anything yet extremely transparent to the whole source chain.

I have an EA1000 coming next week. So excited to try this IEM with the DEW4X. Can't wait to hear the Chi-Fi IEM that impresses my hard-to-please audio geek friends.

I was informed by HiBy folks that the preorder for R4 and Project ACE are online from 24/04:

https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-r4

https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-x-faudio-project-ace

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #99,649 of 100,507
Short nozzle got you down? These are an incredible solution.

IMG_7432.jpeg
IMG_7433.jpeg
Awesome. Still on my quest to find a perfect tip for my Symphonium Meteor. Short, angled nozzle is proving nearly impossible to fit quite right.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #99,650 of 100,507
Awesome. Still on my quest to find a perfect tip for my Symphonium Meteor. Short, angled nozzle is proving nearly impossible to fit quite right.
SpinFit W1? Maybe you might need a different size for each ear.

That IEM is also a mess when it comes to fit and comfort. I ended up using Xelastec and fit very shallow. Interestingly, it sounds better though likely not the intended sound signature by the tuner.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #99,651 of 100,507
SpinFit W1? Maybe you might need a different size for each ear.

That IEM is also a mess when it comes to fit and comfort. I ended up using Xelastec and fit very shallow. Interestingly, it sounds better though likely not the intended sound signature by the tuner.
I’ve got super wide ear holes, so I need something that comes in bigger sizes than W1 does unfortunately. Best so far are Divinus Velvets and Penon Liqueur, but they fit way on the outside of my ear canal

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:52 PM Post #99,654 of 100,507
I’ve got super wide ear holes, so I need something that comes in bigger sizes than W1 does unfortunately. Best so far are Divinus Velvets and Penon Liqueur, but they fit way on the outside of my ear canal
I would definitely give these a shot then, huge win in my book… the Spiral Dots have officially been moved to the drawer and out of rotation haha.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #99,655 of 100,507
Nah. the Coreir tips don't help because even the large tips run smaller, so the seal isn't any better than any other tip.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:56 PM Post #99,656 of 100,507
Like, the dude who asks "what's pissing off?"

Just kidding :beyersmile:

But yeah, it's just a few individuals here and there, a few echo chambers here and there. Most of addicts audio geeks are passionate folks who are a joy to interact with.

Today I learned that the I/O Audio Volare has around 3ohm impedance and 127dB (per mW or Vrms?) sensitivity. Which nutcase designed an IEM like that :beyersmile: I can't imagine how source-picky that IEM is. We need more people making sensible IEMs like 64 Audio that can be used with anything yet extremely transparent to the whole source chain.

I have an EA1000 coming next week. So excited to try this IEM with the DEW4X. Can't wait to hear the Chi-Fi IEM that impresses my hard-to-please audio geek friends.

I was informed by HiBy folks that the preorder for R4 and Project ACE are online from 24/04:

https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-r4

https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-x-faudio-project-ace
Haha!

What pissed me off yesterday was that the audio shop where I had pre-ordered (last week) the new shiny kz's tells me that it can take 10-15 weeks. Then don't fricckin take pre-order so far ahead, especially for a 35usd item!

Hiby R4 tempted but I think I should pass. Iam happy with the slightly-warm, analoguish tone of Hiby M300 and the overall niftiness of the device. Why bother buying something whose sound isn't going to appeal to me especially when I don't need 4.4 mm slot.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #99,657 of 100,507
This is my issue as well, and the W1 only works for my ears with long nozzles. Short nozzles, even with the largest tips, doesn't seal.

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #99,660 of 100,507

Users who are viewing this thread

Back