The discovery thread!
Apr 20, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #99,391 of 101,939
Generally, I'm not a fan of IEMs with a bunch of tuning switches, especially when they don't really do much to change the way the IEMs sound. They just uglify the IEMs and they remind me of those annoying process-of-elimination puzzles in old school video games. Let's see which up-down-up-down-up-down lever combination will open the trap door to the secret room!

I have much more appreciation for IEMs that offer multiple tunings implemented in a way where it doesn't detract from the aesthetics, especially when they do change the way the IEMs sound. Eg. tuning nozzles on some sets.

Another example is the Elysian Diva's bass dial. It does require a tiny screwdriver to switch the bass setting, but at least it's discrete and doesn't look bad imo. Plus, it makes a pretty big difference in sound in the bass regions without affecting the rest of the frequency range.

1713633113937.png

1713633151448.png

So for me, it's a Yes to tuning nozzles and dials. No to tuning switches - they remind me too much of the circuit breaker box in my basement.

1713633654123.png

Apr 20, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #99,392 of 101,939
No to tuning switches - they remind me too much of the circuit breaker box in my basement.

1713633654123.png
“Honey the bass went out, can you go flip the switch in the basement?”

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #99,393 of 101,939
Project M stands for Project Musicality haha.

Hello Friends,

Today I am sharing my latest review video with you guys, today's Video is going to be a short one, but a special one. Special One because This IEM, the DITA Project M is actually a very special one.

First of all, I got this as a sample courtesy of The Audio Store India, the unit has been sent back to them. I brought this sample from SG on their behalf. The unit has been with me only ever since then. Apart from this, I would like to put my hand on a holy book and swear that all the impressions are mine and not affected by any godly entity or a freebie promise at all. In fact, I liked Project M to the extent that now I am asking if I can get a little discount and will end up buying one lol.

About Project M, This beauty houses a 9.8mm DD and a Customized BA on each side. It is spectacular in terms of design with completely transparent shells, it looks absolutely adorable. About sound, Well, I am in love. The DITA Project M sounds musical, lively, and immersive. The beautiful midrange simply captivates you with its excellent timbre and rich tonality. The bass is complementing, yet it could benefit from more punch, and the treble region is smooth and inoffensive. Technically, the soundstage is massive, 3D and the imaging, and positioning of instruments are simply spectacular.

Well, that's about the short and precise review for the Dita Project M from my side, I hope you guys enjoy watching this video review by me and would subscribe to my channel for further HiFi audio-related content.

Thank You so much!!

Sending you all love and respect!!

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #99,394 of 101,939
Generally, I'm not a fan of IEMs with a bunch of tuning switches, especially when they don't really do much to change the way the IEMs sound. They just uglify the IEMs and they remind me of those annoying process-of-elimination puzzles in old school video games. Let's see which up-down-up-down-up-down lever combination will open the trap door to the secret room!

I have much more appreciation for IEMs that offer multiple tunings implemented in a way where it doesn't detract from the aesthetics, especially when they do change the way the IEMs sound. Eg. tuning nozzles on some sets.

Another example is the Elysian Diva's bass dial. It does require a tiny screwdriver to switch the bass setting, but at least it's discrete and doesn't look bad imo. Plus, it makes a pretty big difference in sound in the bass regions without affecting the rest of the frequency range.

1713633113937.png
1713633151448.png

So for me, it's a Yes to tuning nozzles and dials. No to tuning switches - they remind me too much of the circuit breaker box in my basement.

1713633654123.png
I heard the DIVA recently, for someone who loves Vocals, this IEM can bring goosebumps(well I am one of them so).

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #99,395 of 101,939
I heard the DIVA recently, for someone who loves Vocals, this IEM can bring goosebumps(well I am one of them so).
AüR Aure is the one that does that for me very often. I would love to hear how the Diva compares.

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #99,396 of 101,939
AüR Aure is the one that does that for me very often. I would love to hear how the Diva compares.
Oh that's nice to know brother. I recently acquired Neon Pro from a friend of mine. Very good sound.

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #99,397 of 101,939
Interesting... official graph of TRN ST7

1713627458903.png

and driver placement with stacked 10mm+6mm DD in at the middle. that two in the nozzle that's a bit worrying.

1713627536837.png

but with KZ's also being noted to be ZS6s like...
i hope both are tuned in ways that treble sensitive people still could enjoy them somewhat.
TRN ST7
1713637431180.png

Seems a bit convoluted, on how a 3-way crossover would properly subdivide the signal. The red outlines are my guess, as to how adjacent drivers, share a channel, in the 3-way crossover.

In scenario 1, the two dissimilar DDs would be overlapping.

1713637689136.png

In scenario 2, for the two DDs to be separated (for low and mid-low frequencies), the BAs are left to figure out the signal on their own.
1713638716286.png

1713638621637.png

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #99,400 of 101,939
What’s a good 4.4mm dongle that’s lightning compatible, low noise, stays relatively cool, and doesn’t drain phone battery?
If you want an actual dongle dongle, then NiceHCK sells a pretty great lightning to 4.4 dongle for under $20 on AliE

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #99,401 of 101,939
Project M stands for Project Musicality haha.

Hello Friends,

Today I am sharing my latest review video with you guys, today's Video is going to be a short one, but a special one. Special One because This IEM, the DITA Project M is actually a very special one.

First of all, I got this as a sample courtesy of The Audio Store India, the unit has been sent back to them. I brought this sample from SG on their behalf. The unit has been with me only ever since then. Apart from this, I would like to put my hand on a holy book and swear that all the impressions are mine and not affected by any godly entity or a freebie promise at all. In fact, I liked Project M to the extent that now I am asking if I can get a little discount and will end up buying one lol.

About Project M, This beauty houses a 9.8mm DD and a Customized BA on each side. It is spectacular in terms of design with completely transparent shells, it looks absolutely adorable. About sound, Well, I am in love. The DITA Project M sounds musical, lively, and immersive. The beautiful midrange simply captivates you with its excellent timbre and rich tonality. The bass is complementing, yet it could benefit from more punch, and the treble region is smooth and inoffensive. Technically, the soundstage is massive, 3D and the imaging, and positioning of instruments are simply spectacular.

Well, that's about the short and precise review for the Dita Project M from my side, I hope you guys enjoy watching this video review by me and would subscribe to my channel for further HiFi audio-related content.

Thank You so much!!

Sending you all love and respect!!

Bass light from almost all reviewers. It's what's kept me teetering on the purchase button for months. The bass lacks heft and punch, and with BA's up top, that's so important to balance out those highs. I might pull the trigger in the future, but for right now, I have enough bass light IEM's with the Simgots.

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #99,402 of 101,939
TRN ST7
1713637431180.png

Seems a bit convoluted, on how a 3-way crossover would properly subdivide the signal. The red outlines are my guess, as to how adjacent drivers, share a channel, in the 3-way crossover.

In scenario 1, the two dissimilar DDs would be overlapping.

1713637689136.png

In scenario 2, for the two DDs to be separated (for low and mid-low frequencies), the BAs are left to figure out the signal on their own.
1713638716286.png
1713638621637.png
I bit on this. With coupons and $3.00 off with coins, this turned out to be cheap as chips, so I'll find out if I wasted $25, or if this thing turns out to be a budget triumph like the Trio? We'll see!

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:27 PM Post #99,403 of 101,939
I bit on this. With coupons and $3.00 off with coins, this turned out to be cheap as chips, so I'll find out if I wasted $25, or if this thing turns out to be a budget triumph like the Trio? We'll see!
Face off !!.....Could be a budget contender for sure !!

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #99,405 of 101,939
Looks like I'm one of many who thinks the Delci is special. So does Dave from Audio-In Reviews, who does a great job with his reviews and might be the best out there with his insane production values.
A few days ago, I ordered the Kefine Delci myself. It happened to be on sale on AliExpress, and I snagged it for a reasonable $45. Now, I’m curious to see if it lives up to the hype. Interestingly, I couldn’t find a single review that didn’t praise the Delci: I think this really speaks volumes about its value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back