The discovery thread!
Apr 10, 2024 at 6:33 AM Post #98,806 of 100,563
Enjoy Hisenior Mega5EST review here,

- https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hisenior-mega5est.26822/reviews#review-33511

Smooth and natural tonality, Beautiful Female Vocals, Airy Trebles and Very good timbre for Instruments

Moreover Looks Beautiful

1712745193861.png

Apr 10, 2024 at 8:15 AM Post #98,807 of 100,563

Madoo typ512 Impression:​

Thanks @gadgetgod for sending me this for auditioning:
  • The 512 is thick and smooth sounding iem with decent high end.
  • The midbass has a bit more emphasis compared to the subbass. The notes are rounded and thick, but not overly boosted. This region sounds more thick than deep, but thankfully not boomy.
  • The lower midrange sounds thicker as well. The textures are a bit less pronounced. Guitars sound very full-bodied, perhaps a bit too much so. Upper midrange has a slight boost of energy that makes it stand out. This region is not very transparent but very organic.
  • The treble stands out well. The notes are crisp but not highly energetic - more on the controlled side. The extension is compromised by the bass in busy tracks. It is not very airy also. I believe this region is where the planar driver is playing.
  • The technicalities are decent at best. I was expecting more from it. The stage feels a bit crowded - not much sense of space because of the thick notes. The separation is above average but not outstanding. The width of the stage is good, but depth and height is above average only.
  • Due to the smooth notes, the resolution is not very high. It is not totally washed over, and if one concentrates they do become apparent. However, the notes sound very refined and forgiving.
  • The overall sound is rather on the relaxing side with an extra dose of midbass.
Comparison with LOAK2-TS:
  • LOAK2 has deeper subbass and slightly more controlled midbass, with faster slam and decay. The notes are more textured. This is better all around.
  • The midrange of LOAK2 is leaner and sharper. The lower-mid has less body, so sounds more clean. The upper mid has a bit more energy and the notes are slightly sharper, sometimes may come off as a bit raw. The midrange is more transparent.
  • The treble has distinctly more energy and stands out prominently in the mix. Lower treble has stronger presence and upper treble is more easily perceivable as well. This region is not overshadowed by the bass.
  • The resolution is perceivable better with more tangible note definition, but it also sounds a bit more raw compared to the 512's refined presence.
  • The soundstage is bigger in every aspect, and cleaner, with distinct 3D imaging. LOAK2 outshines the 512 in terms of technicalities.
  • 512 is more comfortable to wear with a more lightweight construction.
1000082935-01.jpeg

graph (8).png

graph (9).png

Apr 10, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #98,808 of 100,563
Quick size comparo. L to R: 634ears Miroak-II, Symphonium Titan, Elysian Diva (tilted to show its longest side)

Diva is a chonky one for me, almost too large for long-term comfort. Miroak-II is small, which makes it a bit difficult to use heavy cables with. Titan is just about Goldilocks in size. Like I mentioned earlier, no wings or quasi-custom moulding, so likely to fit more ears even if it may not be the most comfortable or provide the most support for some. And no sharp edges.

There’s another post with more size comparisons here.

You could also try asking in the Watercooler thread where there may be folks with access to all three :)
That Titan nozzle looks hella short for me. I'm sure it'd be difficult to get a good seal in my ears. On the other hand the Diva looks like it'd fit nicely but I do have large ears sooo...

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #98,809 of 100,563
Apr 10, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #98,810 of 100,563
Assuming that this is the Legato, I had been contemplating taking mine apart to see if there was any space behind the face plate to add some material to potentially reduce resonance within the shell. The image you have shared would suggest not.

Additionally wondered about drilling a hole (or holes) in the face plate (whilst detached) to convert into a semi-open back.

I'm still burning mine in and don't hate it so far, so am cautious about making any permanent changes to mine at this stage, but if you are willing to experiment on yours ...

Edit: btw, can you share an image of the underside of the face plate?
Even though I’m a Basshead, I find the Legato to not be an all arounder. I’ve relegated my set for the gym. Where that driving bass can shine and keep me upbeat.

The only suggestion I can make is inducing cuts (via EQ), to the lower frequencies. Could be as simple as a reduced bass shelf; this could really open up the Legato’s abilities.

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #98,811 of 100,563
@gadgetgod captures the madness of canjam Singapore rather excellently here. Couldn't see Baskin 'bass-lacks-texture' Shark @baskingshark !

Thanks Gadgetgod, for someone like me who has never been to such an event, the chaotic excitement was fun to watch. Some known names there I see.

How you guys manage to hear and evaluate stuff in this zany atmosphere is something to be appreciated!

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #98,812 of 100,563
confirmed my 634ears LOAK2-Ti(CL) with copper blue back this morning. This 1 person company has been catching my eye with their incredibly sleek, custom designs from the very first week I have been on these forums. It's exactly the type of thing I want to support, custom, high quality items from compassionate people.
IMG_7267.jpeg
IMG_7230.jpeg
* not mine but should look similar - apparently my set is going to be used as some sort of example since he hasn’t done this combo.

They just released a plethora of new interesting models, imo the naming convention needs some serious overhauling, but they all look quite interesting. The TX-02 in particular catches my eyes, an open back IEM with bass?…

https://634ears.com

this next month needs to go by quickly!

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #98,813 of 100,563
confirmed my 634ears LOAK2-Ti(CL) with copper blue back this morning. This 1 person company has been catching my eye with their incredibly sleek, custom designs from the very first week I have been on these forums. It's exactly the type of thing I want to support, custom, high quality items from compassionate people.
IMG_7267.jpeg
IMG_7230.jpeg
* not mine but should look similar - apparently my set is going to be used as some sort of example since he hasn’t done this combo.

They just released a plethora of new interesting models, imo the naming convention needs some serious overhauling, but they all look quite interesting. The TX-02 in particular catches my eyes, an open back IEM with bass?…

https://634ears.com

this next month needs to go by quickly!
Congrats, 634ears Miroak-II Cocobolo been in my top 3 for soon one year.
Been interested in the flagship model LOAK for a long time, and ordered the new TX-02 last day.
Quite expensive single DD, hope it is worth it 😅

Had alot of messages back and forth with the maker Musashi about what model and wood to go for. Ended up with the new TX-02 and a new wood he had black persimon.

1000034739.jpg

1000034903.jpg

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #98,814 of 100,563
Congrats, 634ears Miroak-II Cocobolo been in my top 3 for soon one year.
Been interested in the flagship model LOAK for a long time, and ordered the new TX-02 last day.
Quite expensive single DD, hope it is worth it 😅

Had alot of messages back and forth with the maker Musashi about what model and wood to go for. Ended up with the new TX-02 and a new wood he had black persimon.

1000034739.jpg

1000034903.jpg
I am eagerly waiting your thoughts on that one, the wood is gorgeous. Would be one of my top picks as well.

It is expensive but with how good the yen conversion is right now, I could not ignore it any longer. Considerable amount cheaper than when I last looked.

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #98,818 of 100,563
That Titan nozzle looks hella short for me. I'm sure it'd be difficult to get a good seal in my ears. On the other hand the Diva looks like it'd fit nicely but I do have large ears sooo...

Yeah it’s a bit short but doesn’t seem to need deep insertion. I use Divinus tips in my usual ML and tried a whole bunch of other tips as well and had no problems with seal. I have large ear canals and medium-ish conchae.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back