The discovery thread!
Mar 16, 2024 at 6:28 AM Post #97,216 of 99,968
The Celest Pandamon 2.0 is releasing in 2 days' time.

Celest Pandamon II.jpg

We don't have further info on the driver config, except that it contains a 10 mm SPD (Square planar driver).

Graph is quite nice tonally, 8 kHz is a coupler peak.
Celest Pandamon 2.0.jpg

Will report back soon with listening impressions.

Pandamon.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006655763085.html
It looks so tame, Where is the Panda?

1710584922688.jpeg

Mar 16, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #97,217 of 99,968
I've bought other 2-pin to MMCX adapters from Aliexpress for standard 2-pin ports, and they do work for sure
Hiding link? :)

Cheers!
Do you guys trust groups of reviewers like rtings for reviews or a single reviewer?
Dude...I don't trust anyone in general... :wink:

But I do read everyone's impressions...then make my own calculation and conclusion...

Cheers!

Mar 16, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #97,219 of 99,968
This morning I went out with the OKAVANGO + BTR7 couple.

Fantastic IEMs, I haven't listened to them in a while.

I spent a while today listening to the OKAVANGO too. It was for the review coming out tomorrow on the Sound Rhyme SR5. In comparison it is fuller yet slightly more relaxed than the SR5. The SR5 has this forward midrange (and treble) that gives birth to both detail and more contrast to its overall demeanor. Though really they are closer to the same than further apart. Still the OKAVANGO has a special thing it does broadcasting a style of smoothness and really togetherness that would charm someone who was only into full-range DDs. There is also (as you know) a wonderful treble detail displacement of cymbals and hi-hats off into their very own place in the stage.....not super bright though? Not every IEM knows how to perform this way.

DSC_0164.jpegqwee.jpeg

DSC_0336.jpegad.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 7:01 AM Post #97,220 of 99,968
Mar 16, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #97,221 of 99,968
Mar 16, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #97,222 of 99,968
Here's a review of the Kefine Delci, a single DD IEM retailing at $59 USD: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kefine-delci.27111/reviews#review-33280

Delci 7.jpg

Pros:
Built like a tank, yet light in weight
Well accessorized
Decent ergonomics
Relatively easy to drive
Above average isolation
Fast and clean bass, with big sub-bass reverberation
Smooth fatigue-free upper mids
Organic timbre
Solid technicalities - imaging and soundstage being a highlight
Good price-to-performance ratio, melding technicalities and musicality

Cons:
Could do with better bass texturing
Lower treble may be a tinge spicy (this can be tamed with eartip choice)
Tail off in upper treble

Kefine Delci.jpg

Mar 16, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #97,224 of 99,968
Personally, I go for sound over looks, but can you imagine the stares you will get in the subway wearing this hideous faceplate?
I used to think this was a thing but honestly, you have more questions for anyone staring into your earholes than they do for your IEM choice.

That said, Kinera knows they left money on the table with Pandamon and they came to clean it up with 2.0

Mar 16, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #97,227 of 99,968
I came up with something regarding your question...
It would be a good thing for me, as a reader, that you (all reviewers) have the list with IEMs.

Or more than one list, according to the IEMs configuration and overall list from #1 to all you have reviewed.

It would be your ID as a reviewer.

Cheers!

Mar 16, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #97,228 of 99,968
I spent a while today listening to the OKAVANGO too. It was for the review coming out tomorrow on the Sound Rhyme SR5. In comparison it is fuller yet slightly more relaxed than the SR5. The SR5 has this forward midrange (and treble) that gives birth to both detail and more contrast to its overall demeanor. Though really they are closer to the same than further apart. Still the OKAVANGO has a special thing it does broadcasting a style of smoothness and really togetherness that would charm someone who was only into full-range DDs. There is also (as you know) a wonderful treble detail displacement of cymbals and hi-hats off into their very own place in the stage.....not super bright though? Not every IEM knows how to perform this way.

DSC_0164.jpegqwee.jpeg
DSC_0336.jpegad.jpeg
Which settings do you prefer on the Okavango?

Not listened to them for a long time, i have the custom version and found the treble too bright for my tastes (may be i will give them another chance)

Mar 16, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #97,229 of 99,968

But Okavango is twice price of SR5. :)
As for me SR5 with some cables and Coreir tips is very good for classical music.
P.S. Soon SR5 will costs $110-115.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #97,230 of 99,968
Which settings do you prefer on the Okavango?

Not listened to them for a long time, i have the custom version and found the treble too bright for my tastes (may be i will give them another chance)
I use both switches up. And that’s just the thing, as in the set-up today with the WM1A, the ASOS+ cable and my normal wide-bore silicone tips I found the sweet spot and I almost couldn’t continue my review as I was in the zone! They are great once you get to a place where the tone is right.
But Okavango is twice price of SR5. :)
As for me SR5 with some cables and Coreir tips is very good for classical music.
P.S. Soon SR5 will costs $110-115.
I could totally see how the SR5 would be good for Classical. And that’s the thing is my testing by side by sides I learned so much about the SR5, it will be in my review tomorrow. Clean and of a style of focus that is above average for the money asked, IMO.

My other comparisons were the Mega5P and SR7....but these comparisons were really enlightening as the SR5 was the underdog, yet still performed well, not perfect but really good in the end.

Edit: Is that $110-$115 without the cable? Because I read they will sell them that way at places?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back