The discovery thread!
Mar 7, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #96,616 of 99,956
Just buy a Krilla.

Krila.jpg

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #96,617 of 99,956
So the synergy roll continues!

EW200 + iPod Classic is a winner! iPod is a bit of a warm robust signature, and so paired with the EW200, it really calms that brightness.

Also the Aures are better than the Trio, but after two weeks or more, I still absolutely adore the Trio, but when I listen to the Aures, the spacial cues, imaging, transparency, and bass texture are just superior in the Aures. Now comfort? Trio wins by a mile! Now the Wu Zetian? Trio is right there neck and neck.

p.s. The three DD Trio is harder to power than the Aures. Those three DD like juice, but not as much as the N5005 by AKG (been loving these with Lacquer tips).

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 3:23 AM Post #96,618 of 99,956
YOU KNOW THE PHOTOGRAPHER AIN'T AN AUDIOPHILE - WITH REVERSED CABLES ON OFFICIAL IEM PHOTOS!

Tiandirenhe TD08

1.png

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001266040592.html

p.s. The three DD Trio is harder to power than the Aures. Those three DD like juice, but not as much as the N5005 by AKG (been loving these with Lacquer tips).

Yeah the AKG N5005 is one of the more surprisingly hard IEMs to drive. It takes almost the same amplification as the Final E4000 to be driven properly.

Mar 7, 2024 at 4:00 AM Post #96,620 of 99,956
You make me sound as a KZ hater and that's not the case at all. I just appreciate good tunings and value and the Symphony is neither of those.
Could you elaborate what is a "good tuning"?

We tend to forget this is a subjective hobby, and some of our recommendations could be bad for other users.

I dont get any of the last launch of KZ (my last one was the old AS12) but Its like @baskingshark hate to the OG FREYA: we should relax and enjoy "our" equipment, dont try to established wich is bad or good.

I love the LEGATO, I love the FA7s, I love the WHIZZER HE03D, but they are not recommendable to all people, because they are pretty different to Harmanish-tuning.

Btw, I tried the PULA, wich you recommend, and I found them pretty meh. Like I said, subjective.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #96,621 of 99,956
So, I'm about to pull the trigger on the Dunu Zenu Pros as I'm able to get them at a pretty discounted price. Any reasons why I shouldn't/should be looking at a more recent comparable set?
I found them one of the most impressive DD I ever tried. (Still on my collection)

Sometimes DUNU sold them for around 450$ wich is a bargain for a driver like this.

Mar 7, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #96,622 of 99,956
Could you elaborate what is a "good tuning"?

We tend to forget this is a subjective hobby, and some of our recommendations could be bad for other users.

I dont get any of the last launch of KZ (my last one was the old AS12) but Its like @baskingshark hate to the OG FREYA: we should relax and enjoy "our" equipment, dont try to established wich is bad or good.

I love the LEGATO, I love the FA7s, I love the WHIZZER HE03D, but they are not recommendable to all people, because they are pretty different to Harmanish-tuning.

Btw, I tried the PULA, wich you recommend, and I found them pretty meh. Like I said, subjective.

Bro I am sure there are some IEMs you dislike too. Can't be everything is 5/5 for every weekly release?

If something is not good (for my own personal evaluation and tastes), I feel it is my responsibility to let the others know. I know some reviewers don't review a bad IEM and send it back quietly to the manufacturer, but I will still give a bad grading for IEMs that I think warrant it (I've been banned by manufacturers as a result of this, but that's my personal belief to not sugar-coat stuff and let consumers know).

But as you rightly pointed out, this hobby is subjective, so what is one man's meat is another man's poison, and different strokes for different folks. So most important is for readers to read a whole collection of reviews and thereafter take a consensus opinion of whether something is bad or good. Take a midpoint of the highest scoring reviews and the lowest scoring ones, and the truth is somewhere in the middle? A wise reader won't just use one review to decide whether to buy that one IEM?

It also behooves the reader to perhaps follow other Headfiers or reviewers who you know shares your same sound preferences and who perhaps hears something similar to you?

The different opinions and view points of everyone on audio forums enriches this hobby. Otherwise it would be a group think and everyone likes the same IEMs as everyone else, then there is nothing to discuss then? We can agree to disagree on audio gear, but ultimately we are all united in our love for music (and gear).

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #96,623 of 99,956

Fathom - Premium In Ear Monitor​

cfa-fathom-banner.jpg

Edit:

Look at the sound tubes?
Screen Shot 2024-03-07 at 6.52.30 PM.png

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 6:01 AM Post #96,624 of 99,956
Mar 7, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #96,625 of 99,956
Are they sound tubes? Or just a black grill?
Let me read, there are about 5 reviews out in the last three days........maybe one will have the answer? It's 6BA so?

Mar 7, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #96,626 of 99,956
Are they sound tubes? Or just a black grill?
"A spiritual successor to Solid Body and T.A.E.C, phase harmony engineering involves design measures that ensure phase coherence and high resolution. As opposed to a usual tube and damper setup, Campfire Audio uses a 3D-printed acoustic chamber/waveguide with custom damping values. This enables superior high-frequency sensitivity, improved imaging, and overall a more resolving sound with less distortion."
Screen Shot 2024-03-07 at 7.11.44 PM.png

Your right, no tubes here!

Mar 7, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #96,627 of 99,956
Require quite deep fit for me to get the best sound out of Verdandi, without some of the BC effect is less noticable and sound overall is brighter.
It was exactly the same for me with Nanna. I solved it with foam tips, which I had never used until now.
I never felt good about them; more like a hassle. But it seems the reason was that I didn't choose the right size.

With foam tips, isolation is 100%, and bass is maxed.

Cheers!
Today morning, CMA18P and Twilight joined me for my Gym Session.
Man, you spend too much time in the gym...I thought that was not the thing in India anymore...at least Singaravelan told me so :)

Cheers! :)

Mar 7, 2024 at 6:14 AM Post #96,628 of 99,956
Let me read, there are about 5 reviews out in the last three days........maybe one will have the answer? It's 6BA so?
6 BA with 8 holes sound tubes? I think it is just like a nozzle grill

Mar 7, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #96,629 of 99,956
It was exactly the same for me with Nanna. I solved it with foam tips, which I had never used until now.
I never felt good about them; more like a hassle. But it seems the reason was that I didn't choose the right size.

With foam tips, isolation is 100%, and bass is maxed.

Cheers!

Man, you spend too much time in the gym...I thought that was not the thing in India anymore...at least Singaravelan told me so :)

Cheers! :)
Bruh hardly getting 1-2 hour for gym haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back