The discovery thread!
Mar 1, 2024 at 7:43 AM Post #96,391 of 100,750
But I have to say this, though. It has saved me money and stopped impulse buying. So maybe the Chinese are helping me out for all the opium we dumped on em couple of centuries ago. (Just kidding, any Chinese reading this ... Last time I tried this with a Chinese it didn't go too well ..so picture emojis etc here... It was the British and Portugese who dumped, blame them*!)

* https://www.britannica.com/topic/opium-trade
🤣👍🏼

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 1, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #96,392 of 100,750
No need t say that I love the Dunu Falcon Ultra but man the Oriveti OD200 is really engaging. One is accurate and precise while the other is fun and cohesive. Should you choose between these here is my comparison review video:

But believe me when I say that these two IEMs compliment each other and if you can afford, having both in the inventory makes a lot of sense. Can there be something that can deliver best of both worlds? Yes, but you will have to spend more.
If I have to talk about accessories and cable I think OD200 has the edge. This cable is more as supple and soft while the Dunu cables is a bit stiff. While both have metal shell Falcon Ultra is more prone to fingerprints and scratches and maybe it's fit can be an issue. Yes, Dunu ships with a spacious case the OD200 has a more premium looking one.

Mar 1, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #96,393 of 100,750
Penon Bass cable

I like pretty things. The chosen tints of blue and red really represent the illusion of chromostereopsis (Google really can make you appear to be smarter than you really are) well.
Penon Bass cable.jpg

With my less than perfect hearing, on my desktop THX AAA 789, I can't attest to or disqualify the merits of the chosen composite, of the Bass cable, over that of the XINHS. But when I move to the lesser powered FiiO BTR7, the difference is demonstrative. The Bass cable produces a grander soundstage and note weight.

Unfortunately, the chosen sheath of the Bass cable does exhibit microphonics, when I move around or swivel my head; but this doesn't effect the enjoyment of the music, as the full bodied playback nullifies it.

References:
XINHS 2-strand blue single crystal copper silver plated gold silver palladium copper
Penon 10th.jpg

Penon Bass:
  • Single core copper silver alloy diameter is 0.08mm
  • Single core oxygen free copper diameter is 0.06mm
  • Copper and silver alloy contains 75% copper and 25% silver

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #96,394 of 100,750
Penon Bass cable

I like pretty things. The chosen tints of blue and red really represent the illusion of chromostereopsis (Google really can make you appear to be smarter than you really are) well.
Penon Bass cable.jpg
With my less than perfect hearing, on my desktop THX AAA 789, I can't attest to or disqualify the merits of the chosen composite, of the Bass cable, over that of the XINHS. But when I move to the lesser powered FiiO BTR7, the difference is demonstrative. The Bass cable produces a grander soundstage and note weight.

Unfortunately, the chosen sheath of the Bass cable does exhibit microphonics, when I move around or swivel my head; but this doesn't effect the enjoyment of the music, as the full bodied playback nullifies it.

References:
XINHS 2-strand blue single crystal copper silver plated gold silver palladium copper
Penon 10th.jpg
Penon Bass:
  • Single core copper silver alloy diameter is 0.08mm
  • Single core oxygen free copper diameter is 0.06mm
  • Copper and silver alloy contains 75% copper and 25% silver
That's the Penon 10th Anniversary......it matches the Penon bass perfectly........😃

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #96,395 of 100,750
1709305567839.png

TSMR-FEAT 2-2 Stands for 2XBA + 2DD. And surprisingly no switches. This is the very first Tansio Mirai IEM with no switches.

I am evaluating these at the moment as I just got them. Will post a bit about them soon but for now. These are like a younger brother to the TSMR-X which is a good thing.

Will be interesting to see how they turn out. So far, I am loving the new sound direction for Tansio Mirai.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #96,396 of 100,750
The Letshuoer Cadenza 4 is a 3 BA + 1 DD hybrid, comprised of 2 Knowles BA and 1 Sonion BA, plus a 10 mm beryllium DD.

It has Letshuoer's classic Fisher Price resinish finish that is very comfortable and light.

Cadenza 4.jpeg

Comes well accessorized with a modular cable, hard round case and an array of eartips.

Cadenza 4 2.jpeg

This IEM will be eargasmic to measurebators on graphs, but on actual listening, it is also really superb tonally. Instead of the usual Harman sidegrade spam we see each week, the Cadenza 4 sports a warm neutral sub-bass boosted tonality, which is very smooth and pleasant.

Letshuoer Cadenza 4.jpg

Bass is tight and fast, with good texturing, focused at the sub-bass (ie no mid-bass bleed). The midrange is not depressed with good transparency and euphonia. This IEM is suitable for sibilant-fearing or pinna gain-sensitive folk.

Soundstage is above average with good imaging and layering. It isn't the most micro-detailed focused in view of not being overly steroid boosted in the treble, but resolution is still very presentable for a warmish tonality. Note edges are a tinge blunted to not cause fatigue.

I think this IEM is tuned refreshingly (in a good way) compared to the hackneyed sidegrade Harman fare. Perhaps only trebleheads will need to look elsewhere, but it's very promising from out-of-the-box impressions.

Will do some more testing and report back with A/B comparisons against other hybrids.
Price on this one? Interesting indeed.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #96,397 of 100,750
You don't have markings for polarities, just L or R...as far as I know.
You can't miss that....unless you have never seen IEMs before...
just like those youngsters that have never heard about cassette Player or Walkman.

Ok...perhaps you are right, and I am wrong (which would be even weirder) :)
The OP was asking about the TSMR X cable since it didn't have L and R markings. The cable has ear guides so it's easy to tell how to correctly connect it to the IEMs since you just have to make sure the 2pin groove is on the faceplate side. They just weren't aware of the purpose of the grooves.

In a situation where the 2pin cable doesn't have ear guides and you didn't know about the purpose of the grooves, you can easily install the right cable to the right IEM, but upside down. This is where you get the weirdness.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #96,398 of 100,750
1709305567839.png
TSMR-FEAT 2-2 Stands for 2XBA + 2DD. And surprisingly no switches. This is the very first Tansio Mirai IEM with no switches.

I am evaluating these at the moment as I just got them. Will post a bit about them soon but for now. These are like a younger brother to the TSMR-X which is a good thing.

Will be interesting to see how they turn out. So far, I am loving the new sound direction for Tansio Mirai.
What is an XBA, or is that just saying there are 2

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #96,399 of 100,750
It looks like a dual BA that does the mids and treble and a coaxial bass. Dual push pull bass that was used in the TSMR-X on this one. Dual sound channels or two bores out of the nozzles. More simple in design. The bass this time is set but it is full bored bass just like the TSMR-X on the reference tuning. Its not quite at the level of the TSMR-X SQ wise but I can clearly tell the DNA on this one and its sound direction is going for. I just got them so I am burning them in to see how it sounds after some burn in. If the TSMR-X is anything to go by these are going to be a superb sounding hybrid.

Mar 1, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #96,400 of 100,750
1709305567839.png

They look great and I hope they sound great too but "Feat" is an interesting name lol

Mar 1, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #96,401 of 100,750
Well I can tell these will please Sub bass fans for certain. WOW! they have some full bored low digging bass. Will be interesting to find out what dynamic drivers they are using on this one. It is bouncy, bold and bowel shaking. Lol. Thus far the bass end sounds more like the 1 bass switch level vs the stock 2 switch on the TSMR-X. It has at least 10dbs of coaxial rumbly bass is my point.

You know I do believe these were made for bassheads. But with a nice contrast for clear crisp mids and treble. Its definitely a hybrid sound.

I think this one just throws out the whole notion of coherence out the door for the sake of having some subs in your sound profile. Thats exactly what these sound like. Amazing. They sound like I just added two 12 inch subs in my small Honda with a power amp to go with it.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #96,402 of 100,750
Mar 1, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #96,403 of 100,750
Well I can tell these will please Sub bass fans for certain. WOW! they have some full bored low digging bass. Will be interesting to find out what dynamic drivers they are using on this one. It is bouncy, bold and bowel shaking. Lol. Thus far the bass end sounds more like the 1 bass switch level vs the stock 2 switch on the TSMR-X. It has at least 10dbs of coaxial rumbly bass is my point.

You know I do believe these were made for bassheads. But with a nice contrast for clear crisp mids and treble. Its definitely a hybrid sound.

I think this one just throws out the whole notion of coherence out the door for the sake of having some subs in your sound profile. Thats exactly what these sound like. Amazing. They sound like I just added two 12 inch subs in my small Honda with a power amp to go with it.
Will they replace Senna Pods. If so they will save people fortunes.

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #96,404 of 100,750
Will they replace Senna Pods. If so they will save people fortunes.
I was like Senna pods?

"Senna is the fruit (pod) or leaf of the plant Senna alexandrina. It is approved in the US as a laxative for short-term treatment of constipation."

Lol. Guys that own the TSMR-X. These are like the 1 switch on at all times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back