The discovery thread!
Feb 20, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #95,806 of 104,328
Yeah, I know, the Wu and the OD200 are warmish gear, but they have just enough treble on both that I can forgive the signature, and get into them both, but no, usually dark/warm IEM's or headphones bore me to death.

haha bro this will be the antithesis of your preferences:

QKZ X HBB HADES

428602946_784474630234652_146067974435698242_n.jpg

Looks massively badass basshead, may be more basshead than other basshead IEMs! Treble looks very dark too.

428612270_784473990234716_2422088579700025063_n.jpg

2 x 9mm LCP dynamic drivers
$50.99 USD.

https://www.linsoul.com/products/qkz-x-hbb-hades

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #95,807 of 104,328
Feb 20, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #95,808 of 104,328
I guess I’m one of the few not booking a seat on the EA500 LM hype train. I tested it extensively last week, along with the Letshuoer Galileo.

No question the individual technicalities and detail of the EA500 LM are terrific, especially at the sub-$100 price point. Truly impressive. But those qualities and detail just don’t feel cohesive to me. They feel like individual parts not well blended.

I’m just not crazy about the EA500 LM’s tonality. It’s just a bit too V-shaped for me, as I found the vocals to be recessed a bit in the mids. Maybe my ears and brain were biased by A/B testing with the Galileo, which features prominent vocals that border on shouty on some tracks.

The signature is fun but exaggerated. Everything is in your face. These are not subtle IEMs. Energetic as hell, if that’s your thing. To quote the great Nigel Tufnel of Spinal Tap, “This one goes to 11.” :)

Either way, I just didn’t get lost in the music with the EA500 LM like I expected. I was more annoyed by sonic qualities I didn’t like than entranced by the entire musical package. I put tone and timbre ahead of technicalities, and frankly, if the Galileo had a bit more bass and treble extension, I would have chosen it over the EA500 LM. Suits my tastes better.

But … both were returned. Still searching for Goldilocks around $100-150. :)
Ah yeah never liked the Simgot sound.. Doesn't do it for me.
Did you try the pulapa02.. @cobrabucket praised its bass. @ToneDeafMonk liked it's mids
How is the Ziigaat Doscinco? People raving about its bass quality on a different forum. We have three options - TSMR X, Hype4, Doscinco - for basshead level iem. X should be the most technical of three and Doscinco, the best value for money.

1707536207616.png
I also see a ziigaat Cincotres doing the rounds. Anyone got that yet?

Just saw a rave for doscinco on Jay's audio channel.

Wonder how this Cincotres is different. Seems same price

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:39 PM Post #95,809 of 104,328
Kiwi Ears is entering the dongle game with the Allegro

1.png

2.png

ES9028Q2M DAC
3.5mm single-ended and 4.4mm balanced output
Supports: PCM up to 32bit/384kHz and DSD up to DSD256
Output: 70mW at 32 Ohms for the 3.5mm output and 155mW at 32 Ohms for the 4.4mm output

https://www.linsoul.com/products/kiwiears-allegro

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #95,810 of 104,328
Feb 20, 2024 at 11:02 PM Post #95,811 of 104,328
Feb 20, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #95,812 of 104,328
Feb 20, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #95,814 of 104,328
And we tend not to hear much about Gizaudio's Chopin in these parts.

Hmm, I found the Chopin meh, about 3/5 score?

It is quite transparent but has the typical Crin type mid-bass scoop-out and all sub-bass focus. The note weight is hence thin and it sounds quite sterile.

Binary_Acoustics_Chopin.jpg

For genres it works with, the Chopin is good. But for folks wanting some heft in the mid-bass, that is missing and it sounds a bit unnatural for bass heavy tracks. Love-it or hate-it kind of tuning.

The Chopin also has BA timbre, a weird fit, and a low 12 ohm impedance. The low impedance makes source pairing a pain.

Anyway, if something is not talked about much 3 months after launch, then it is probably one of the sidegrade weekly releases that fell by the way side, that's my gauge for whether something rises about the chaff.

I'm wondering what all those buttons do or is that the design?
What do all the buttons do??

Not sure bros.

I hope the buttons are really functional and not just for show.

It looks like some old school gamepad for sure!

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 11:35 PM Post #95,816 of 104,328
Anyway, if something is not talked about much 3 months after launch, then it is probably one of the sidegrade weekly releases that fell by the way side, that's my gauge for whether something rises about the chaff.
Can we say that penon fan 2 has stood the three months challenge?

Feb 20, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #95,817 of 104,328
Can we say that penon fan 2 has stood the three months challenge?

Yeah I think so. It was released in end 2022 if I'm not mistaken. And it is still recommended on forums every week.

Partially this is due to the 50% coupon which consumers can get for subscribing to their newsletter, which makes it a very good deal from the non-discounted price. Secondly, it has a warm neutral tuning, which isn't too common amongst the sea of Harman sidegrades. Only thing is the fit is a bit contentious due to super long nozzles, so that is one potential deal-breaking point.

Feb 21, 2024 at 12:28 AM Post #95,818 of 104,328
Yeah I think so. It was released in end 2022 if I'm not mistaken. And it is still recommended on forums every week.

Partially this is due to the 50% coupon which consumers can get for subscribing to their newsletter, which makes it a very good deal from the non-discounted price. Secondly, it has a warm neutral tuning, which isn't too common amongst the sea of Harman sidegrades. Only thing is the fit is a bit contentious due to super long nozzles, so that is one potential deal-breaking point.
It fits me fine and "addictive" mids but its bass isn't how I hear you (andb others) talk about other iems with proper quality quantity bass. This doscino ziigaat with its tech looks promising in that regard . Not much sub bass here, mid is carefully done I guess so that it doesn't bleed on perhaps. But it doesn't rumble and growl. It's more bass than what I experience with P8s, sivga, zero etc but not as tight, tactile, and good as even say the quality of hd660s2 which isn't really a bass can . Hence am considering an iem that does bass well, just to experience it.

@Tamizhan I just put on Fan2 after a month of being bessotted with Sivga Nightingale.

Fan 2 Lovely depth in soundstage (but since the veterans here say subjective, so take my take in that prism).

Mids still fabulous and my preference for kind of mids in iems. Upper mids aren't shouty, and things tend to sound all balanced and flowy.
Warm neutral and musically pleasant to ears

Not much air relativelybut then that sivga goes overboard with that air, so I might be spoiled. Treble isn't Aful P8 quality for sure though.

@baskinshark can confirm or deny: I do hear the ba tone on acoustic instruments but not too jarring to spoil my pleasure. But it's there for sure imo andbi wish it wasn't!
But it would be more experienced reviewers to tell you how it fares, actually, in that comparison regard.

overall, at that discounted price, go for it. Can't see what else is this good or offers what this does in that bracket.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 12:35 AM Post #95,819 of 104,328
LETSHUOER Cadenza 4

Seems to be a 3BA (1 Sonion + 2 Knowles) + 1 beryllium DD config?

LETSHUOER CADENZA 4.jpg

LETSHUOER CADENZA 4 (3).jpg

https://twitter.com/jmackbrew/status/1757321489517523400

It fits me fine and "addictive" mids but its bass isn't how I hear you (andb others) talk about other iems with proper quality quantity bass. This doscino ziigaat with its tech looks promising in that regard . Not much sub bass here, mid is carefully done I guess so that it doesn't bleed on perhaps. But it doesn't rumble and growl. It's more bass than what I experience with P8s, sivga, zero etc but not as tight, tactile, and good as even say the quality of hd660s2 which isn't really a bass can . Hence am considering an iem that does bass well, just to experience it.

@Tamizhan I just put on Fan2 after a month of being bessotted with Sivga Nightingale.

Fan 2 Lovely depth in soundstage (but since the veterans here say subjective, so take my take in that prism).

Mids still fabulous and my preference for kind of mids in iems. Upper mids aren't shouty, and things tend to sound all balanced and flowy.
Warm neutral and musically pleasant to ears

Not much air relativelybut then that sivga goes overboard with that air, so I might be spoiled. Treble isn't Aful P8 quality for sure though.

@baskinshark can confirm or deny: I do hear the ba tone on acoustic instruments but not too jarring to spoil my pleasure. But it would be more experienced reviewers to tell you how it fares, actually, in that comparison regard

overall, at that discounted price, go for it. Can't see what else is this good or offers what this does in that bracket.

Agree with your impressions of the Fan 2. Personally, I think the Fan 2 has one of the better timbre for a BA containing IEM, there's still a tinge less naturalness than a single DD for example, but it is quite natural compared to other hybrids. Yeah I think for the 50% off that is a competitive pricing.

Wow you really love the Sivga Nightingale!
It has a niche midcentric tonality. Very unique tuning, great for vocals and acoustic stuff, but of course bassheads might not like the roll-off.

Sivga_Nightingale.jpg

8 kHz is a coupler peak.

Feb 21, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #95,820 of 104,328
I'm wondering what all those buttons do or is that the design?

Probably nothing. I feel like if they did something they'd be hyping up that feature, but the fairly long product page doesn't mention anything about them. I would love to be wrong though, because I do like the design. But if it's just an aesthetic, I'm a bit less intrigued. Still cool though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back