The discovery thread!
Feb 20, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #95,716 of 100,535
So the OD200 has rendered by Kiwi Ears Cadenza obsolete in the musical IEM department. I spent my non-work hours today using my Cadenza, and for the most part, they were a enjoyable and quite musical affair, but the technicalities are so far off from the CCA Trio, that I was left wanting some treble extension and just some details. When I put in my OD200, I got the same wonderful musicality, slightly better stage, but the technicalities weren't missing like they are on the Cadenza, so to the wooden box graveyard the Cadenza go.
Talk of the OD200 keeps popping up. I've shown good resistance so far not to buy, but it sounds right up my street.
BQEYZ Wind has been getting a lot of ear time since I got them, so wondering if I need the OD200 as well.
Anybody heard both wind and OD200?

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #95,717 of 100,535
Feb 20, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #95,718 of 100,535
The Penon RENATA Cable just was put on-sale $269.00.
https://penonaudio.com/Penon-RENATA
DSC_1429.jpegpsd copy.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 3:29 AM Post #95,719 of 100,535
Gustard H16 with Dunu Falcon Ultra

IMG_20240220_135637.jpg

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:42 AM Post #95,720 of 100,535
Talk of the OD200 keeps popping up. I've shown good resistance so far not to buy, but it sounds right up my street.
BQEYZ Wind has been getting a lot of ear time since I got them, so wondering if I need the OD200 as well.
Anybody heard both wind and OD200?
The Wind has an unusually big and diffuse sound thanks to the bone conductor, but can be a bit bright (I use a nozzle filter to tame it). It suits music that is spread wide over the soundstage and frequency range. Its performance is very dependent on what is being played - when the music matches the Wind’s strengths, it can be fantastic. It also needs a reasonably powerful source.

The OD200 is a normal DD sound, but with a great timbre and relaxed tuning. The upper mids can be a bit sharp, but nothing tip/cable rolling can’t fix. The warm and friendly playback is always a fun and easy listening. You can change nozzles if you want the sound to be brighter.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 3:53 AM Post #95,721 of 100,535
The Wind has an unusually big and diffuse sound thanks to the bone conductor, but can be a bit bright (I use a nozzle filter to tame it). It suits music that is spread wide over the soundstage and frequency range. Its performance is very dependent on what is being played - when the music matches the Wind’s strengths, it can be fantastic. It also needs a reasonably powerful source.

The OD200 is a normal DD sound, but with a great timbre and relaxed tuning. The upper mids can be a bit sharp, but nothing tip/cable rolling can’t fix. The warm and friendly playback is always a fun and easy listening. You can change nozzles if you want the sound to be brighter.
Agree 100% with your words regarding the wind, at times it can sound wonderful, but not with everything. I have found that the fit is a bit challenging and the brightness is perhaps the cause of a less than perfect tip fit.

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #95,722 of 100,535
I'm quite picky with IEMs (sound, comfort ) I bought/sold hundreds of items for the last decade. From usd20 to usd1500.
I'm confident to say that OD200 are really great IEMs for the price.
Personally I've slightly modded them by applying a filter on the silver nozzle to tame the trebles (8k pick)
My preference is warm but engaging sound (Singularity)
IMG_20240220_095252.jpg

Feb 20, 2024 at 4:22 AM Post #95,724 of 100,535
Thank-you I was born with dyslexia which makes writing difficult, but somehow I get by. Simple words at times give me trouble, fixed it, thanks! :)
Your enthusiasm including writing the same mistake in the name in all 4 threads is adorable. Sadly that cable is far above my price point for sure.
But yes Renata seems like it might be a good cable.

Feb 20, 2024 at 4:51 AM Post #95,725 of 100,535
Thank-you I was born with dyslexia which makes writing difficult, but somehow I get by. Simple words at times give me trouble, fixed it, thanks! :)
It must have been a monumental amount of effort to write your review, given the dyslexia. I certainly don't have that much to say about any IEM :dt880smile:

A guide for newbies, if anyone has any tips feel free to let me know. <3

"Best at every price" => Seeing Annihilator and Volur

You outpriced me, mate :dt880smile: When did you add those GOATs to your collection? I don't recall your reviews of those.

Feb 20, 2024 at 4:59 AM Post #95,726 of 100,535
Speaking of the penon USB-C dongle, I had this one for free from Hifigo last year: https://hifigo.com/products/dunu-dtc50-dtl50

(Compensation for delay of the P5 that I already paid for, not free toy, btw)

I have zero idea what DAC inside, but it's likely a CL something or maybe something from Creative. The unique thing about this one is that the jack side gets quite warm, and battery drains rather quickly. On the plus side, it has the stage that I hear from a more decent amp. I like it more than the sound from the pure ESS dongles around 2019-2020 era, but it's no match for a proper device with separate amp stage. If Penon manages to outperform the R3II with just one DAC chip, no separate amp section, that dongle would outperform most dongles out there, possibly losing only to the likes of W7 and RU7.

IF.

Feb 20, 2024 at 5:04 AM Post #95,727 of 100,535
Is there a thread for the Ziigaat Doscinco and Cinocotres? Glad to hear people are now getting theirs shipped after the CNY, and some influencers seem to have recently got their hands on them (e.g. Jay's audio). Would be good to have a thread for them if there isn't one already because I am very intrigued to hear more about them, especially for comparisons against other isobaric DD (e.g. Hype 4) or bass-heavy sets (e.g. ISN Neo 5 / EST 50).

Feb 20, 2024 at 5:06 AM Post #95,728 of 100,535
It must have been a monumental amount of effort to write your review, given the dyslexia. I certainly don't have that much to say about any IEM :dt880smile:

"Best at every price" => Seeing Annihilator and Volur

You outpriced me, mate :dt880smile: When did you add those GOATs to your collection? I don't recall your reviews of those.
Well I had to do first grade 2X because it was difficult to read, actually I didn't read till maybe the 2nd 1st grade and 2nd grade. Somehow I still did great in all my years of school......even in college I did a 3.3 GPA always? Where my folks took me to a psychologist when I was drawing my letters and numbers backwards all the time in first grade....that’s how we found out. You eventually get great at reading (at least I did) but spelling is still a chore. I send my reviews to myself and let Google Mail proof read them. Lol

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #95,730 of 100,535

Users who are viewing this thread

Back