The discovery thread!
Feb 9, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #95,161 of 106,548
Celest should have checked their facts. A wyvern is a type of dragon but only has two legs, not four!
Celest Wyvern is actually a dragon, and Skyrim’s dragons are actually wyverns 🤔

Feb 9, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #95,162 of 106,548
Tansio Mirai X 10th Anniversary

Got this on loan from a friend, heres some short impressions after a few hours:
In short TSMR X is a hybrid with 2DD and 4BA with a vent module similar to 64audio on the faceplate.
I like to embrace the V shape and use it in UP DOWN DOWN config for the most bass. Standard mode is DOWN UP DOWN and has a little better balance but still V shaped.

Highlights perhaps the punchy and deep bass. Quite visceral on bassy music.

Clear treble, perhaps a little spicy on certain parts. Also good amount of air to the TSMR X.
Better on darker vocals than bright ones, mids in general is shadowed by bass and treble and can sound a little veiled.
The soundstage I dont feel is that good, sounds more closed in for me.

As a V shaped set its good. And would rather say price is correct at 400usd. I would pick this instead of Meastro Mini as a v shaped bassy set.

DSCF4365.jpg

Feb 9, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #95,163 of 106,548
Tansio Mirai X 10th Anniversary

Got this on loan from a friend, heres some short impressions after a few hours:
In short TSMR X is a hybrid with 2DD and 4BA with a vent module similar to 64audio on the faceplate.
I like to embrace the V shape and use it in UP DOWN DOWN config for the most bass. Standard mode is DOWN UP DOWN and has a little better balance but still V shaped.

Highlights perhaps the punchy and deep bass. Quite visceral on bassy music.

Clear treble, perhaps a little spicy on certain parts. Also good amount of air to the TSMR X.
Better on darker vocals than bright ones, mids in general is shadowed by bass and treble and can sound a little veiled.
The soundstage I dont feel is that good, sounds more closed in for me.

As a V shaped set its good. And would rather say price is correct at 400usd. I would pick this instead of Meastro Mini as a v shaped bassy set.

DSCF4365.jpg
I wonder if the midrange balance and the stage would sound better if you go with the 010 or 001?

Feb 9, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #95,164 of 106,548
I wonder if the midrange balance and the stage would sound better if you go with the 010 or 001?
90% of my listening was in the 010 setting and I based most my impressions against the OH700Vb and Mega5EST that I have used the last week. Stage doesn't change for me with the settings.

Only find it to get more bassy when using the 100 without to much else changing, perhaps more husky vocals and more guitar fullness etc.
But going from 100 to 001 I do find it to change more, and clearly more balanced.

Actually can be a little spicy on bright female vocalist or sax playing, closing into sibilance territory. And this is also a reason why perhaps the more bassy side of 100 is better for me, as it balances it some out.

Its a good set as I mentioned, and due to switches you get more chance for success as you can fine tune it slightly some to taste.

----------------------------------------------

Didn't talk about the shell and comfort, they are fairly small. For the most very comfortable, better than the Penon 10th. But the shell lack comfort groves so I get some comfort spots after some time.

It look very good to me, and the weight of the solid resin feel more premium than many other resin IEMs.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #95,165 of 106,548
Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #95,166 of 106,548
I want to see more collections from people. Timmy from Gizaudio showed off his collection and it was impressive. How many headphones/iems do you keep in your collection? @fidgeraldo
That's cool; that's what I was writing about...we all have our thing.
But noooo, I am nothing like that guy; hmm, I don't know much about him either, except that I saw him on YT :)

Anyway, who is he? I thought that he was GIZAUDIO, no? Is he not the boss? Damn :)

No, no...I don't like to be exposed. I am doing this for myself; I really have nothing to show off, not even close to that.

Frankly, I've been in headphones and gear last past year, and I never took a photo of any of my headphones or amps or DACs or whatever.
It's just not my thing. It seems that I really felt relaxed in this thread, among other IEMHOLICS :), and I started posting gear.

Perhaps it also helped that I encountered my homie (he knows who :)), so I just joined the party.
I really wouldn't like to talk about my stuff with numbers...I like it natural, and when it comes to showing something, I will show...until I don't :)

I am not even close to a number of IEMs to big players here or YT guys (perhaps in several years : ) ),
but I don't sell my stuff either like some of them do... and when I buy something I buy it because I liked it, not because someone told me to.

And that's why I have no reason to sell any of the things I bought.

It's the same thing in life. I regretted only things that had gone wrong when I listened to others.
I never, ever, even made a mistake when I listened to myself.

But even if I did, I would never regret it if I listened to myself and it turned bad. That's how it is... Hi-Fi is no different.

I don't judge, and I don't care if I'm being judged...it's your thing and not mine; speaking in general, didn't mean you directly :)

Cheers! :v:

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #95,167 of 106,548
I think Super Reviews is the most well rounded reviewer around, arguably my first rec when it comes to IEM reviews.

Yeah, Mark is great at it, and I've met him; he's a real cool dude.

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #95,168 of 106,548
90% of my listening was in the 010 setting and I based most my impressions against the OH700Vb and Mega5EST that I have used the last week. Stage doesn't change for me with the settings.

Only find it to get more bassy when using the 100 without to much else changing, perhaps more husky vocals and more guitar fullness etc.
But going from 100 to 001 I do find it to change more, and clearly more balanced.

Actually can be a little spicy on bright female vocalist or sax playing, closing into sibilance territory. And this is also a reason why perhaps the more bassy side of 100 is better for me, as it balances it some out.

Its a good set as I mentioned, and due to switches you get more chance for success as you can fine tune it slightly some to taste.

----------------------------------------------

Didn't talk about the shell and comfort, they are fairly small. For the most very comfortable, better than the Penon 10th. But the shell lack comfort groves so I get some comfort spots after some time.

It look very good to me, and the weight of the solid resin feel more premium than many other resin IEMs.
I know we all hear differently, but the one thing you hear.....which is so different to me, is the staging. I hear a wide stage with depth and quite impressive imaging and locational cues. I find myself following instruments locationally. I find it quite holographic. Sounds very different to your copy.

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #95,169 of 106,548
I don't judge, and I don't care if I'm being judged...it's your thing and not mine; speaking in general, didn't mean you directly :)

That’s a wise advice, sir! It’s a wisdom that I try but repeatedly fail to attain.

Yeah, Mark is great at it, and I've met him; he's a real cool dude.

He is a kickass software engineer too. Some (many?) of reviewers we know, especially the more objective ones, seem to be coders, professional or otherwise.

I know we all hear differently, but the one thing you hear.....which is so different to me, is the staging. I hear a wide stage with depth and quite impressive imaging and locational cues. I find myself following instruments locationally. I find it quite holographic. Sounds very different to your copy.

Any of my inspiration to make my review results generalizable was shattered when I heard the 64 audio guys describing the soundstage of TIA Fourte as positioning “vocals floating at the back of the head.” I have rarely heard any IEM with that sort of localisation and certainly not the Fourte. Since they have no reason to lie, and I know what I hear, it must be concluded that the staging is even more personal than tonal preference.

So, what is a “review” now? IMHO, It’s an empirical data point, gathered through a subjective instrument, which is the ears and mind of a listener. We can only ask for reliability and validity of the instrument itself (reviewer has consistent process and not bias toward/against any brand due to personal grudge). It’s the job of reader to synthesise the conclusion by reading many data points, whilst considering their threats to validity.

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #95,170 of 106,548
To be fair he hasn't had them for too long and it could be the tracks he is listening as well. It took me a while to completely understand what the entire sound is doing there. Another thing I suggest to @Leonarfd. You should try a different cable. Included cable does not really synergize the best with that IEM. It is ok but nothing great.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #95,171 of 106,548
To be fair he hasn't had then for too long and it could be the tracks he is listening as well. It took me a while to completely understand what the entire sound is doing there. Another thing I suggest to @Leonarfd. You should try a different cable. Included cable does not really synergize the best with that IEM. It is ok but nothing great.
We've all got different earholes, I'm sure that's enough to justify the difference. Great to see how the different experiences and impressions are stacking up. I'm impressed by what I'm reading so far.

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #95,172 of 106,548
MoonDrop May.jpg

I'm going to revise my initial recommendation for the Moondrop May; originally I said that they're a couple steps up from the KZ Pr1 Pro & Pr2. Due to the addition of the DD.

For someone that appreciates the nuances of the low end and always in search for a non-fatiguing set, Moondrop has a sleeper on their hands.

I'm actually pondering picking up a second set. An honour that I've only given to the FiiO FD5 and the original Dunu Zen.

It really surprises me that a $65 (USD) set can properly playback the kick drum from "Enter Sandman" & Toni Braxton's alto, in, "Un-break my heart".

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #95,173 of 106,548
Any of my inspiration to make my review results generalizable was shattered when I heard the 64 audio guys describing the soundstage of TIA Fourte as positioning “vocals floating at the back of the head.” I have rarely heard any IEM with that sort of localisation and certainly not the Fourte. Since they have no reason to lie, and I know what I hear, it must be concluded that the staging is even more personal than tonal preference.
To be fair he hasn't had then for too long and it could be the tracks he is listening as well. It took me a while to completely understand what the entire sound is doing there. Another thing I suggest to @Leonarfd. You should try a different cable. Included cable does not really synergize the best with that IEM. It is ok but nothing great.
We've all got different earholes, I'm sure that's enough to justify the difference. Great to see how the different experiences and impressions are stacking up. I'm impressed by what I'm reading so far.

The owner of my copy also hear it rather large, think it's just very personal. Nothing wrong with that, stage is not so important for me on size. If it has good 3D imaging it is excellent 👌 and this does TSMR X

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #95,174 of 106,548
That’s a wise advice, sir! It’s a wisdom that I try but repeatedly fail to attain.

He is a kickass software engineer too. Some (many?) of reviewers we know, especially the more objective ones, seem to be coders, professional or otherwise.

So, what is a “review” now? IMHO, It’s an empirical data point, gathered through a subjective instrument, which is the ears and mind of a listener. We can only ask for reliability and validity of the instrument itself (reviewer has consistent process and not bias toward/against any brand due to personal grudge). It’s the job of reader to synthesise the conclusion by reading many data points, whilst considering their threats to validity.
I guess like any real democracy there are many different people being different people, hearing differently. With reviews I remember how the Blon 03 caused so many different reactions. I loved them, others hated them. The best we can do is go by the majority of opinions and even then everybody is different. Anyway I love the TM X and hear them how I hear them and am happy I have them, and will use them in my rotation

Feb 9, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #95,175 of 106,548
MoonDrop May.jpg
I'm going to revise my initial recommendation for the Moondrop May; originally I said that they're a couple steps up from the KZ Pr1 Pro & Pr2. Due to the addition of the DD.

For someone that appreciates the nuances of the low end and always in search for a non-fatiguing set, Moondrop has a sleeper on their hands.

I'm actually pondering picking up a second set. An honour that I've only given to the FiiO FD5 and the original Dunu Zen.

It really surprises me that a $65 (USD) set can properly playback the kick drum from "Enter Sandman" & Toni Braxton's alto, in, "Un-break my heart".
The May seems interesting but it's probably redundant since I have 10(!) other iems and only 1 set of ears 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back