The discovery thread!
Feb 7, 2024 at 8:58 PM Post #94,966 of 100,563
_DSC1463-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg

I've posted my review of the Colorfly CDA-M2 in my Head-Fi thread and on my blog.

Feb 7, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #94,967 of 100,563
Not the kinda guy to give up on an iem
( Tangsu Fudu the exception it’s irredeemable) I put the Pula-02 paired with the Nicechk Silver Cat cable, final e tips, in my ears plugged them into the Hiby RS2 and have had a thoroughly good evening listening. The RS2 magnifying everything good about its playback and not showing any of the plastic timbre in the upper mids and lower treble that didn’t like out of the Hiby R6 111 and shanling M6 Ultra which both presented with a timbre issue for my ears.
I’m back on board with the Pula now I've found it's partner
:sunglasses:
:+1:
Has your Mirai -x arrived yet? Seems a total winner going by the impressions thread.

Feb 7, 2024 at 9:19 PM Post #94,968 of 100,563
Has your Mirai -x arrived yet? Seems a total winner going by the impressions thread.
Not yet getting impatient must go check the tracking again...

Edit oooooo it's in Nottingham so should be with me in a day or so as its only 20miles away

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #94,969 of 100,563
Right, GK20 is way better than GK10S....which is just so bad...yet, when i pop up back plate it heal the intense bass resonance issue....then treble can't be heal....
tbh, GK20 seem better tuned IEM from this brand
Yes, maybe slightly more accessible, still I'll defend the GK10s to the grave.

Feb 7, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #94,970 of 100,563
Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 9:44 PM Post #94,971 of 100,563

Feb 7, 2024 at 9:51 PM Post #94,972 of 100,563
So this is it...

I am looking to possibly replace the cable that I got with Final Audio B3 IEMs.
The sound is already great, but the cable has 3.5 mm terminations, and I would like to have 4.4 mm.

Otherwise, these cables work great with other IEMs, two Dunu, Falcon Ultra with Pure Silver and Vulkan with Silver Plated.
But with B3, they are just not good.

Does anyone have B3, maybe...
or have any recommendations that might be 100% safe and wouldn't change anything, just add better quality on the existing signature?
I had owned Final B3 for nearly 3 years and B1 for some six months. It's really hard to find good pairing cables for these iems. For B3, I had given up after trying a couple of cables, as the sound was different with them. Finally settled for the same default cable. With B1, I tried it with Dita Oslo cable, but there was no improvement at all other than getting a 4.4mm termination.
I would suggest you use the B3 on the default cable only. There is a 4.4mm Final Audio cable that comes with the A8000; try finding the cable if possible; that can be your best pairing. That should cost about $400, if I remember correctly.

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #94,973 of 100,563
I had owned Final B3 for nearly 3 years and B1 for some six months. It's really hard to find good pairing cables for these iems. For B3, I had given up after trying a couple of cables, as the sound was different with them. Finally settled for the same default cable. With B1, I tried it with Dita Oslo cable, but there was no improvement at all other than getting a 4.4mm termination.
I would suggest you use the B3 on the default cable only. There is a 4.4mm Final Audio cable that comes with the A8000; try finding the cable if possible; that can be your best pairing. That should cost about $400, if I remember correctly.

Final Audio uses Junkosha wires for their cables. There are a few other manufacturers claiming to use the same wires, such as VE. It might worth a try, assuming that those manufacturers are not lying.

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #94,974 of 100,563
How strange peoples beliefs. 50% 'believe' this, 50% 'believe' that, 50% believe this and that and then control 50% for believing this or that or kill 50% for believing this or that. 50% believe everything we believe in is a placebo. 50% believe everything is as they believe. Just listening and getting some peace and enjoyment is a good antidote to the 'belief' insanity.

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:35 PM Post #94,975 of 100,563
Yes, maybe slightly more accessible, still I'll defend the GK10s to the grave.
tbh, to all their musicality enjoyment....i was just impress by GK20 sudden sound value boost and especially construction, its a part that i have hard time accepting.
no joke: i pop up back plate with my nail.

their worst than GK10S sound wise sub50$ way. No doubt.

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #94,976 of 100,563
This is the second and third instances, where I've read (I'm sure there are more) about the treble range lacking; while excusable in a lower monetary tier, shouldn't we expect more from a $400 unit ?
Ya listening to this IEM felt like if I was to put a cotton swab in the ear tip bore. I found everything about it incredibly veiled

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:03 PM Post #94,977 of 100,563
Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 11:31 PM Post #94,978 of 100,563
Anyone know anything about this DAC?
Geshelli Labs DAYZEE
I was just browsing to see if they had anything new & lo and behold, I stumble across this.
No price listed, but my interest is piqued.
SCHWING!!!
@ToneDeafMonk, I know you dig their other DACs so was hoping you might be able to shed some light.
Much appreciated!

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 18-26-01 Dayzee – Geshelli Labs LLC01.png
Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 18-26-39 Dayzee – Geshelli Labs LLC02.png
I will reach out. For sure!

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:46 PM Post #94,979 of 100,563
What IEMs are my fellow IEM nerds using right now?

I've settled to using my Supernova, S8 and Meteor as my current daily rotation of IEMs, this covers pretty much every genre.

For outside use, I'll probably choose either Meteor or Tea 2, it's not a good idea to bring my S8 or Supernova outside given their price.

Meteor is not cheap but it looks and feels like a throwaway cereal toy, so there's no danger on bringing this to a public place, someone stealing this is extremely unlikely.

Everything else I own is redundant which is around 21 sets, I'm might give some stuff away some stuff for space reasons.

Some other sets I own like the Softears Volume and Thieaudio Legacy 4 see next to zero use.

This is a lesson to anyone interested in the hobby: don't horde gear, a lot of stuff will eventually see no use.

1-4 sets is enough.
Daily use: mostly Trio, IE600, MW10 (this latter at home only as they finishing chips too easily and needs proper care)

Fourte, when wanting a larger soundstage and as an alternative to Trio
U12t, when looking for more analytical detail
Supermoon when looking to enjoy how good a planar is.... so fast, detailed and controlled but borderline comfortable to wear

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:58 PM Post #94,980 of 100,563
IMG_20240207_182827_150~2.jpg

Came back to Venture Electronics SiE a.k.a. the lushest of lush after a good while and decided to do some tip swapping. It came to a halt very rapidly right after I tried the Coreir.

It looks as if it barely hangs onto the nozzle, but it is very secure. Azla Xelastec were the ones I used before to aid with SiE's less than perfect fit for my ears due to a stubby nozzle. They did their job thanks to their sticky material. Coreir, though, goes about it in a very mechanical fashion. The brass inserts essentially lengthen the nozzles and now SiE fits wonderfully.

Joy of listening is still here too. It remains a bassy and enveloping listen that manages to sound the most speaker-like from my collection, but as an added bonus Coreir lent a helping hand to SiE in its otherwise not-so-good technicalities. Great success!

I always love pentaconn coreir. The brass inside works wonderfully resonating sonic. Perfect resonance that doesn't absorb certain frequencies.
It's like adding technicalities and extension of the trebles while actually the other way around where almost all of eartips that made of latex, rubber etc are actually act as damper to the certain frequencies, especially higher frequencies, but we take it as "normal". Pentaconn coreir maybe is one of few that deliver upper frequencies with minimum cut off on high frequencies, where the technicalities sit on (around 12-13khz).
Brass is one of the most material that deliver great resonance that's why music instruments are made of brass, trumpet saxophone etc. Can you imaging the whole orchestra being played on rubber made instruments? They won't be sound the same.
Hard rubber stem eartips (like final audio E, spinfit W series) are better than softer rubber eartips too but not quite on Pentaconn coreir.

Do Pentaconn coreir have cons? Absolutely, they are the priciest eartips to date, more expensive than the budget IEMs. And because of the brass connector, the stem grip is only half of the stem length so it will make the IEM nozzle feels longer.

@o0genesis0o have you try the Pentaconn coreir? I forget I asked you other time but it's been a while now. Think you're going to like it if you can have good fit. It's truly for imaging lover dude you have to tryyyy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back