The discovery thread!
Feb 4, 2024 at 7:15 AM Post #94,637 of 100,007
Yes, it is...but I wouldn't know about the soundstage :)

They are really interesting IEMs; they look so unserious and funny but sound so serious.

Cheers!
Very interesting indeed. Balanced and coherent for most part before treble kicks in. The fc6 takes care of that. Enjoyed my time with it yesterday. That fairly neutral soundscape plays out somewhat akin to Er2xr for the low to upper mids part. Quite something for a cheapie. Pleased. And pretty spacious too, I must say.

Previous users say they have a much thicker diaphragm than normal DDs, and hence need more power (almost like a planar) and also burn in. Andyaudiovault suggested to burn it in for 150 hours. I shall pick it up again after that period. Figured no harm done. For 15 Euros, these are a gem. Can become my night iem.

Feb 4, 2024 at 7:39 AM Post #94,638 of 100,007
IMG_20240203_214845.jpg
Just got them after demoing them at Zepplin and co.

I must say the ibasso 3T-154 is one of those iems that performs well at all volumes but is especally strong at high volumes.
The soundstage just expends like crazy and yet it still keeps its composure and has good imaging at all volumes.
Its mostly a moderate V with sharp attack and decay but with round off attack peaks which I think is the trick they used so you can blast them at loud volumes without feeling fatigued.

I think this poised to take over the under 200 market. The only issue I would say is that it doesnt do fine detail and burried texturing well but at the 150usd price and with how engaging it sounds I cant wait for the reviews to start coming in.

Edit:
Personally I feel this iem works wonders with faster pased music including edm but dispespite timbre issues I find myself going back and listening to orchestral music due to how precise everything is. That being said damn its so fun with avaitors music.
Thanks for your detailed impressions ,

Please can you tell us something more about the mids/vocals quality and positioning in this presentation , thanks ,

Feb 4, 2024 at 8:05 AM Post #94,641 of 100,007
Great, I am glad you liked it!
It's all that, as you said; yes, surprisingly, they need power.
They don't have any markings, left or right...that's a bit confusing.

Enjoy!
Ha ha yeah. I had to use one of those youtube videos that test left and right, the few times I took em off and put em on. It's as if Tanchjim are saying, sorry, somewhere we need to show that it's a cheapie. Will put a dot kind of sticker one one side later!

Feb 4, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #94,643 of 100,007
Not updated on new releases from the past three months or so. Any iem that stood out? Or worth buying?
Tansio Mirai-X 10th ( https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tansio-mirai-impressions-thread.897275/page-130#post-17953545 ), NceHCk F1 Pro planar (. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/au...eviews?order=vote_score&direction=desc&page=2. ) .

Cost 400 and 100 dollars, respectively. Real higher end, not sure if there is anything ultra new but I could be wrong.

Also raves on Orivetti's OD200 and 0D700vb

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 8:58 AM Post #94,644 of 100,007
The Falcon Ultra has better micro-detailing and imaging, but loses to the OD200 in soundstage and instrument separation. Both have tuning nozzles to vary tonality (and hence versatility).

I would consider these 2 as sidegrades.
Unrelated to above, but curious -- why do planars have a bigger soundstage? You mention that about hidizsmp145. I experience a massive lovely stage on Sivga Nightingale planar.

Feb 4, 2024 at 8:58 AM Post #94,645 of 100,007
Not updated on new releases from the past three months or so. Any iem that stood out? Or worth buying?
I think these three months or so have been the best three months the community would have seen, IMO. You have missed quite a lot but worry not. It’s all very thrilling and getting crazier day by day.

It’s a long list, by the way. Lot of catch-up for you. Oriverti OD200, Oriveti OH700VB, Simgot EA1000, Hidizs MP145, Kefine Klanar, Letshuoer S15, NiceHCK F1 Pro etc. are some good releases from last few months. Why don’t you tell us what excites you - DD, planars, hybrids?

Feb 4, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #94,646 of 100,007
On the recent subject of "all-rounders" - to me that would be surely the concept cherished/propagated/sponsored by manufacturers together with totls and their "perfectly matching" kilobuck cables.

Sure, go ahead, chase the unicorn of "all-arounder", try another flavour of the week/month and sadly go broke in this futile chaise - the flavours of the months will surely change, including those "all-arounders (e.g. U12/U4 drama).

My most profound experience with "all-arounders" actually was with the scientific equipment, where I spent a couple of weeks trying with some futility to get an instrument that would fit all the needed specs. Then in a hunch, just two pieces worked really perfectly for all the purposes, and well within a budget!

In recordings, my very strong argument against "all-arounders" would be vastly different recordings of live and electronic music.
With the latter, just pressing few buttons, one can generate any perfect waveforms from 5 to 50 kHz.
While for the acoustic music, I would love to know what can record fairhfully 12+ kHz without succumbing to ambient noise and distortions.
Just any violin recording can clearly demonstrate how different and limited current two-channel recordings are, if one can compare directly with a live performance and know how rich and 3-D all the overtones can sound.

In this context, the requirements for optimal transducers to reproduce acoustic and electronic music are appreciably different in my experience - with the subbass and the last octave reproduction being the most obvious ones.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #94,647 of 100,007
Aful Magic One is just outside of the last 3 months but still worth mentioning.

Feb 4, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #94,648 of 100,007
Testing some new tips on TIMSOK TS-316, the Penon Lacquer. To me sound like a slightly warm and clear sounding, the most positive is they can be bought in XL and is slightly sticky. Perfect for IEMs with shorter or smaller nozzle like TS-316 or Simgot IEMs.

There is two variants, black and orange. And to me they sound the same, material feel the same in hand also. Same thickness, bore, length etc. Perhaps the the orange is 1% softer, but can be my imagination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back