The discovery thread!
Jan 26, 2024 at 12:55 AM Post #93,856 of 104,310
The P20 doesn't beat some single DD benchmarks there like the EA1000 and Falcon Ultra in technicalities.

It is more of a niche smooth/darkish single DD for relaxing and chilling. Definitely not for analyatical-heads or critical listening. Have you tried stuff in the Final E line-up? Something like the Final E4000/E5000 or their ilk? This P20 is close to the E4000 tonally.

Am still doing further testing, but the huge P20 drivers have driver flex unfortunately. Will see if this is mitigated by changing eartips and report back.

I thought this offer we can't refuse is for the LEGENDARY KZ 3DD thingy, purportedly of which only 100 are released in the wild?

The packaging apparently for the early 100 CCA 3DD blind buy

1706248576717.png
1706248589278.png

Also celebratory chinese new year coins

1706248667686.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 12:57 AM Post #93,857 of 104,310
I ordered Hype 4 from Linsoul's AliExpress store almost 3 weeks ago, on January 8.
Today, I see my order canceled on AE and I can't get my money back from them.
Linsoul coincidentally claimed today on Instagram that Hype 4 isn't available for purchase, only taking preorders.
Yet Hype 4 has been available for purchase on Linsoul.com and both of their AliExpress stores for well over a month, almost 2 months now.

Never buying anything from Linsoul on AE again. This is going to be another nightmare situation for me, similar to Scarlet Mini preorders.

Thieaudio Hype4 Refund 02.jpg

Thieaudio Hype4 Refund.jpg

Thieaudio Hype4 Linsoul 01.jpg

Thieaudio Hype4 Linsoul 02.jpg

Jan 26, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #93,858 of 104,310

Behold! A new SG-01 Dawn has arisen!

The Dawn has arrived. Look at this lake with the sun just peeking over the horizon filling the sky with life giving light, vanquishing the darkness and revealing a beautiful scene. Something to behold? Can the Dawn paint a similar scene? Will I be treated to vast expansive soundscapes, warm and natural sounding vocals? Crystal clear imaging like a glorious morning and a hot cup of your finest Joe to energize you? Enough bass that will stir the soul and make your bootie shake?

What a lovely fantasy or is it?

Time to plug this bad boy in and let it rip for the day.

Wow, okay cool. SG-01 Dawn is giving me Final Audio A4000 vibes. One of the things I really liked about the Final A4000 is the sound stage, it's massive for an IEM. The Dawn basically replicates this staging (maybe better?) and as for the rest, it doesn't have the glaring treble hotness of the A4000 but also not as smooth sounding. No complaints in the amount of detail being retrieved, I felt this was either very good or great depending on if I was on a warmer or more neutral source. I'd say an improvement in tonality and timbre in comparison to the A4000 either way. The bass seems similar but also improved. You can really crank the volume on this one.

Very comfortable despite the bigger nozzle. Pretty impressive set for $50, the stage is most certainly the game changer here. Is it the massive chode of a nozzle on this thing or is there some secret sauce in the tuning or driver? I've enjoyed rock on this, ambient, electronica, pop, rap, jpop, bit of classic, seems like a nice all rounder? Still day one and need to listen on other sources but the meager listening I did do on a more neutral source, I kind of preferred the warmer ones, perhaps maybe this is me being spoiled just coming off a Penon Quattro marathon.

Listening was mostly done on a Hifiman EF400. Need more time with the set, as things go, tomorrow is a new day and potentially a new perspective. Anyway seems like a great find Mr Redcarmoose!
Cool I'm not alone anymore.

1588086579468.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 1:06 AM Post #93,859 of 104,310
I ordered Hype 4 from Linsoul's AliExpress store almost 3 weeks ago, on January 8.
Linsoul coincidentally claimed today on Instagram that Hype 4 isn't available for purchase, only taking preorders.
Yet Hype 4 has been available for purchase on Linsoul.com and both of their AliExpress stores for well over a month, almost 2 months now.

Never buying anything from Linsoul on AE again. This is going to be another nightmare situation for me, similar to Scarlet Mini preorders.

Thieaudio Hype4 Refund 02.jpg

Thieaudio Hype4 Refund.jpg

Thieaudio Hype4 Linsoul 01.jpg

Thieaudio Hype4 Linsoul 02.jpg

Very sorry, bro!
I have a feeling that they are starting to get too big for their britches, to use a Southern colloquialism.
Let's hope they are reading this thread and will make it right...

Jan 26, 2024 at 1:07 AM Post #93,860 of 104,310
It could help greatly to have in a nice popular thread like this, one of the first posts dedicated to the list of the hypes/discoveries, with the cuttent hypes entered and dated, with all the previous ones preserved for eternity. Then next to a hyped/discovery item - to enter the names of their promoting heros to preserve for the records as well.
In this way, great reviewers/promoters will have a glorious tangible record, and not so great ones won't be able to "fish around" as innocently as before, relying on short/goldfish memories of this hobby.
Additional valuable info can be about acquiring samples with the reviewer's own funds to give more of a tangible credit.
This list can also be in a form of some shared Google docs or a similar document.

One may argue that "reviews" are out there, posted, etc.
But then one of the common "hype strategy" that can be observed here as well is to hype in initial comments coinciding with the release, and subsequently writing a more "critical review" (if at all) past the "honeymoon".

The point in short is that now there is essentially no accountability of promoters/reviewers, and while this site monitors very carefully "members of the trade", none of the limitations are there for "promoters" that actually may have some/appreciable vested interests.
I feel that these kinds of groups are like a cult. If you are not at the head of this cult, you will not be able to lead it, and rational arguments will always be perceived as offensive.

The rule number one is: the more samples you own the higher status you have.

Rule number two: The hype that comes is the best one.

Jan 26, 2024 at 1:09 AM Post #93,861 of 104,310
Very sorry, bro!
I have a feeling that they are starting to get too big for their britches, to use a Southern colloquialism.
Let's hope they are reading this thread and will make it right...
I didn't think anything would go wrong, seeing as how I even waited a month to make my decision to buy the Hype 4 and didn't see anyone complain about not getting their order from Linsoul.

Some people already got their Hype 4 and so did reviewers, so something must've happened for Linsoul to retract their shipments and orders.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 1:10 AM Post #93,862 of 104,310
Some more pictures of Kinera Verdandi.

I think from the inital listening sessions, seems like the money is well-spent. It sounds really special. Soundstage on this is huge. Imaging is very accurate.

IMG_9225.jpeg

IMG_9230.jpeg

IMG_9231.jpeg

IMG_9232.jpeg

IMG_9233.jpeg

IMG_9234.jpeg

Those are simply stunning.
I have always admired Kinera's aesthetics, but I am hearing that they are starting to dial in the tuning as well.
What a great time to be into IEMs.

Jan 26, 2024 at 1:19 AM Post #93,863 of 104,310
So... the SIMGOT "tuning" is the "new" trend.

Curiorisly, Ive already got the EA1000 at home, with more bass...

Screenshot_20240126_071117_Chrome.jpg

Why Whizzer is not getting more attention on the forum? They got a nice selection of iems, wich their own tuning and fantastic build.

Screenshot_20240126_071550_Chrome.jpg

The HE03D was my personal motivation to start review some equipment, that I've found really special but the community is not talking more of them.

Build, driver performance, packaging... is a really special iem, and you could get for less than 90€. Its a steal.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 1:22 AM Post #93,864 of 104,310
BTW, ISN Neo 3 has landed.
Currently on the burn-in rig.
Gave a very quick listen and I will say that these have wonderful ergonomics and fit my ears perfectly.
More to come...

Jan 26, 2024 at 1:50 AM Post #93,865 of 104,310
Yeah okay, $2k is going to be the regular price, but how much are they now when they're new? $399? 😉
Sorry, is it a joke? What do you mean here exactly?

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 2:12 AM Post #93,866 of 104,310
Sorry, is it a joke? What do you mean here exactly?
Ha, it is a joke and since it escaped you, this shows that you're not following this thread closely enough! Surely you don't prioritize other stuff over The Discovery Thread? 😛

Just goes to show how terrible my jokes are. I was making a correlation to current ongoing Tansio Mirai TSMR-X's strategy of nearly halving the introductory price for the earliest of birds and hoping that'd be the case with the 54E as well 😁

Jan 26, 2024 at 2:14 AM Post #93,867 of 104,310
Ha, it is a joke and since it escaped you, this shows that you're not following this thread closely enough! Surely you don't prioritize other stuff over The Discovery Thread? 😛

Just goes to show how terrible my jokes are. I was making a correlation to current ongoing Tansio Mirai TSMR-X's strategy of nearly halving the introductory price for the earliest of birds and hoping that'd be the case with the 54E as well 😁
Yeah, it was a poor joke 😬😂

Jan 26, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #93,868 of 104,310

Ah ok, getting it now. Well, I doubt Canpur, respectively Musicteck will apply such a price policy 😉

Jan 26, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #93,869 of 104,310
Jan 26, 2024 at 3:41 AM Post #93,870 of 104,310

Sorry to ear that and thanks to let us know.
I have one in my cart and yesterday i was on click away to order it but i decided to wait a little bit more to see/read more reviews.. i was lucky i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back