The discovery thread!
Jan 17, 2024 at 6:08 AM Post #93,226 of 106,548
Just ordered. Considering the all the extra work and development to produce these, credit to Simgot for keeping an extremely good price. Watched TDM's YouTube review, looked at Linsoul....Bingo. Loved the EA500....looking forward to comparing with, the more expensive, Oriveti OD200. Which will stimulate my Enjoyment gland more?
Right, that’s what to love about SIMGOT, they are humble in a way, and haven’t forgotten their target audience. Keeping prices low and value high, making the money on pure volume of units sold. Also looking for suggestions as to how they can make their products even better. I agree the model IEM company! Cheers!

Lithium-Magnesium may be the buzzword for 2024?

Innovation and down-home ideas about tuning. Then you fold in quality control and ergonomics.....and finally they actually sound better than price would have you guess........what’s not to love here? The stuff of dreams.
2C8A7651-82A8-4AAE-9E6C-3BD86D5AC8CF.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #93,228 of 106,548
PENON OS133 4 Shares TYPE-C to 3.5mm audio/4.4mm balanced
DAC 384KHz/32bit; ADC 96KHz/24bit AMP
CX31993+ MAX97220 Type-C 384 KHz/32bit digital audio USB Amplifier
It's a Type-C digital audio headphone USB adapter PCBA solution.
The built-in CX31993 digital audio codec chip and MAX97220 power amplifier chip support up to 384KHz/32bit sampling rate.
Excellent mobile compatibility for iOS and Android .
The product size is small and the appearance is beautiful.
Interface: type-C
Earphone impedance: 32ohm
Decoding rate: up to support DAC 384KHz/32bit; ADC 96KHz/24bit
SNR @1kHz: 100dB
THD+ N@1 KHz: -93dB
Crosstalk suppression @1 KHz: -55dB

Price yet to be disclosed.

420533508_2016993402014250_2631314472142259372_n.jpg
Just in time, I'm looking to upgrade my Apple dongle for daily use.
I really like the look of it; I wish they made it a bit longer to avoid cable pressure points when bending.

Jan 17, 2024 at 8:03 AM Post #93,229 of 106,548
PSX_20231231_161523.jpg

Creative Aurvana is finally here. Purchased from the Creative website and they sent it very quick.

Before I deep dive into the impressions, I should mention that I had to tame my expectations. Because I honestly read lots of articles and claims about the these new XMEMS drivers and I was pretty much excited about it.

PSX_20231231_161618.jpg

The design of the case is semi transparent and same goes for a portion of the headphones as well that you can see inside. Fit is not nice with the tips they sent and looks like I have to use the tips from my collection.

Before I go to the sound impressions, i should mention the user experience. Because Creative is terrible with their app. 2.7/5 on play store. My phone smoothly connected any headphones, bt 5.3 and supports all the newest aptx technologies including aptx lossless. However, the app cannot pair them. Keeps telling me to put them in pairing mode even though they are in pairing mode already. They should blink red and blue continuously and even telling me that they're in pairing mode. However, the s... app sees it but can't connect. I can perfectly pair them through the Bluetooth setting on my phone. But then the app doesn't see it anymore. I don't know how many times I had to unpair and try pairing them through the app so that I can use the features / change settings. Nothing worked. Resetting the headphones didn't help either. I honestly regret buying these and seeing that I'm not the only one(based on the reviews on play store and reddit) pulling hairs while trying to use their app. What a terrible start...

Going into the Adaptive anc. Nothing different, even worse than sony xm4 due to the short nozzle and their strange shape causing a bad passive isolation.

Ambient sound is bad. Muffled, there's continuous noise in the background that I believe coming from the XMEMS drivers with their ability and sensitivity.

Going into the sound. Skip these. If you're planning to buy a pair of tws, then wait for a better implementation. The DD they added is simply putting too much bass. It's not even a tasty quality bass. Lacks agility, feeling quite slow next to the xmems as some might expect. XMEMS arebsuper fast drivers comparing them to any other driver out there and they should have used a better DD with these.

The mids sound nasal slightly and recessive. The vocals lack emotion. They sound cold. I believe this is coming from the characteristics of XMEMS as being suggested to have quite flat frequency response. They should be tuned or managed through an equalizer to give a better experience.

Lastly treble, where the XMEMS shine. The technicality and resolution is quite good. Transitions are fast and can keep up with anything. But, but, not a huge difference next to BAs honestly. I heard even thicker sounding BAs than these giving me that full experience. I have to pay an extra attention to here every bit of details.

Soundstage is okay. But I'm not having that great holographic experience that I have from final audio ze3000. Ze3000 is a bliss. I was honestly quite impressed when I first give a listen to ze3000 but i can't say the same for Aurvana Ace 2. Considering that Ze3000 costs much less with the lack of good slamming bass, I'm planning to return Ace2 if they can't solve their issue with the app. I didn't mind to have a slamming bass when I heard the holographic soundstage experience and pinpoint imaging Ze3000 has. But Ace 2 could do a lot better.

Long story short. Wait before buying. I had to buy these after reading all these articles but seems like wasn't a good shot. Hopefully, the listening experience will get better and they will solve the issue with their app. Then maybe I'll come back here with better impressions.

So, that's all. Hopefully will help some who's planning to order.

Wishing everyone and their loved ones a happy(maybe satisfactory :)) new year.
Following up with the Ace 2.

Today I sent them back benefiting from the 1 month return program. So, hopefully it will be fine.

Nothing has changed since the first day with the application that it couldn't pair. I thought I'd use some additional features inside the app.

I don't know if i had to roll tips that much before. Tried maybe 20 different types, still got a barely good fit. The short nozzle causing a shallow fit. When you want to use longer tips then the case doesn't close. It was a frustrating experience starting from the beginning.

I managed to get good seal with some but then I was hearing bloated super strong bass. Later I checked and found out that the pressure release hole for the dd located right behind the nozzle lips. After the insertion the outer layer of the tips were sealing that release hole making the bass even more unfortunately so I had to stick with short ones leading to the bad passive isolation therefore bad anc performance.

At least, i had a chance to try XMEMS drivers and hear their characteristics and capabilities. Hoping to see more in the industry.

Jan 17, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #93,230 of 106,548
Just in time, I'm looking to upgrade my Apple dongle for daily use.
I really like the look of it; I wish they made it a bit longer to avoid cable pressure points when bending.
I’m betting you could ask for extra distance, they are just trying to find a happy medium. But Penon is supercool that way, in that they would probably make one with an extra inch of cable, if you asked nicely?

Edit:
Also the cable is probably a little longer than you think, as it is 4.4mm, I’m guessing? So it only looks smaller in the photo?

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #93,231 of 106,548
First piece of gear has been sold to help the Szalayi wallet hurt

RIP S12, you were a great first IEM.

Jan 17, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #93,232 of 106,548
Any new codes for the NiceHck F1 Pro? I see they've changed their cable bundles offers - now one with the FirstTouch cable for a small-ish uplift in price and one with the MoonGod cable that doubles the price. Don't know what those cables are like but people spoke well of the bundle with the Cyan cable (including you I think?)
No new F1 Pro codes at this time, though if they are newly introduced I will let you know.

Jan 17, 2024 at 9:52 AM Post #93,233 of 106,548
After getting rid of the Ace 2, I decided to buy another tws and came across by Final audio ze8000 mk2.

Honestly, I have quite average shaped ear that I barely had any issue with any of the IEMs i tried. However, I'm having tough times with my two recent purchases.

IMG_20240117_134344.jpg
IMG_20240117_134419.jpg

Mk2 is another example of this with its strange Frankenstein looking design bringing me the memories that I had with Audio Technica Cks1000 ltd.

71f2907lZPL.jpg

I didn't have much of an issue with Cks1000 at the time. This is what I remember at least because it's been almost 10 years since I said goodbye to them.

I have a great sympathy for Final Audio after purchasing their ze3000 which has an quite unique presentation in a holographic soundstage where everything is expanding above and outside of your head. Bass is the tricky part of ze3000 as it's suffering to produce that tasty hard kicking bass. From the quality perspective , it's good. But the lacking amount of bass makes you crank up the volume. Then ear gain and ultra high end starts getting way more than brighter. If track was so busy, ze3000 might tire your ears.

The reason why bass is soft is coming from design of DD. Finalbis very famous with their F-Core DD using a special molding procedure during the production. The center of DD is using a hard resin shell. However, with that design I'm unable to produce a hard kicking bass even with the EQ as it's effecting the rest of the frequency response right away. Ze3000 is made for instrumental music, can keep up with Pop, Edm but don't expect it to make you hype for a good training when you need some energy from bass.

I'm dying for soundstage presentation. The bigger the better( I know i know it's not always about the size :))

What i got for the money I paid made me seek out other Final products. The battery was great with ze3000 as well. As I also know from the naming perspective of Final that ze8000 is a flagship level tws. Look at a series a8000 is top level for example with a price that you need to sell your kidneys. I didn't expect ze8000 to be up to that cabled design iems but still if Final gives 8/10 then that should mean sth. So here today I'm finding myself using ze8000 Mk2 because of those reasons.

However, the experience does not guarantee the same anything with a new product. And mk2 is a great example for that. I'm not talking about the sound because it is fantastic what they have done with these. I'm talking about fit issue caused by the design and some other aspects that I'll be explaining which are also an important part of the user experience.

Pros: high resolution presentation sound [8K Sound]
Class AB Amplifier
Rubycon premium capacitors
ANC with four different profiles
Latest Snapdragon Sound Tech

Cons: maybe nothing?

Cough cough cough...
(massive review production mode off)

Pros: Holographic soundstage experience expanding truly in all dimensions
Very balanced profile that will suite the taste of those seeking out pure sound experience(see also cons)
Tasty lows balanced with quality and quantity (not for bassheads)
Lush mids
Impressive treble performance catching the balance of giving the detail without being harsh and piercing
Tws features available such as dedicated app, ANC, Ambient sound (see also cons)

Cons: trouble making design causing issues while working out even walking
Finicky fit with proprietary tips that youu can't use anything else due to not having any lips on the nozzle
Weird suction feeling and sound is getting effected even while walking
Mediocre battery life(even worse with 8k dsp feature on)
Very flat frequency response lacking enough ear gain that might not suite your entire library (can be luckily solved with EQ)
Classic tws features ANC, Ambient mode, dedicated app are all just mediocre, nothing stands out from the competition

First things first: The design. Oh boy the design...

I'm not joking when I first went to the gym with these on my ears, I realized that they get attention. Why? Because I'm walking around like a character coming out from Teletubbies or I'm an alien and my antennas going out from my ears to communicate with my friends watching us somewhere out of the sight in our milky way galaxy. I was even thinking if the design is made on purpose to get attention because I'm sure people had curiosity like 'what the hell are those'

IMG_20240117_134609.jpg

You see the part with the proprietary tips covering the plastic body? This is where the DD is located and that parts hangs on your concha. The another circular black part is staying outside of your ears and I believe this where they keep the acoustic chamber and some other parts? May be a circular battery staying there also but i know Final pays attention to the acoustic chambers so that's mho. Lastly that flat line section where the main board is located and touch controls on the top part.

They just look ridiculous while wearing. You can't wear a cap or anything. Forget about sleeping with them. They're for sitting and listening with full attention. Not even walking. Why? Because there's a continuous suction feeling on your ear holes and when you're walking, with a little bit of shake the frequency is being changed. Mostly bass is getting affected. I don't even mention the 'boom boom' sound while tapping the touch controls.

So, I understand my assignment that these are for sitting down and not moving much. Then the question comes, why did I get rid of the cables then?

I should mention that these are my personal experiences and smb else might find the fit totally normal and use these even during running(can't imagine though).

The app... Luckily the app works(Creative with a facepalm). Everything pairs quickly smoothly. You control everything just fine. EQ feature is available, different ANC and Ambient modes, 8K activator( the name...) etc etc. Just classic for a tws.

IMG_20240117_151517.jpg

I won't deep dive about the available features Class leading amplifiers, 8k sound with dsp etc. Anyone can read those. Real listening and user experience are the only factors I pay attention. Did you add a 'crazy supee uber omg crazy' feature? Nice. Let me use and hear then.

One thing to mention. The ANC/Ambient controls. You can't turn off ANC entirely from tws controls. Btw ze8000 mk2 has the feature to turn it off. First version didn't even give users to turn off the noise control because the passive isolation was bad. They later developed these strange proprietary tips leading to the better isolation and now they let you turn noise control off. You should go to the app and turn it off there. But then the app turns off all the controls for ANC/Ambient. Why? Because they're under that noise control off switch and you can't turn them on from tws controls, you have to go to the app and turn off. What genius idea is that...
IMG_20240117_151501.jpg

I don't even wanna mention the chaotic touch control assignments...

As I'm mentioning the tips. A little deep dive here.
IMG_20240117_134722.jpg

The release hole for the DD is right next to the nozzle if you notice. You might say how the DD breaths then if that weird shaped tips seals it off entirely.
There's an elevation they put inside and that creates a tiny barrier between the tips and DD so that it can perform as it was designed. However, during insertions, the suction feeling is really bad. Takes a few seconds to normalize. But every time you try to adjust during walking/exercise, it effects the sounds so badly. Makes it tiny strange like one side just died. Then slowly slowly comes back to life. I don't like this feeling.

Lastly the battery life. Final says up to 5 hours. Id say up to 3 hours. Because companies always do their tests in their 'specific' environment. God knows how low the volume was and how many features they turned off. The mentioned 8K sound which uses dsp even gives you warning when you're activating that 'the consumption might increase dramatically'. Nice...

Going into the sound finally.

After all critics above finally the good part. What a great sound experience is this. I can't express it enough. After all these complains, Final is like ' ok ok I got it. Just please listen at least and you'll understand'. And I can admit it's exactly that way.

The presentation is like a full sized over ear headphones. Holographic, super big soundstage. Tall, super deep, super expansive. The neutrality these have is just amazing me. Perfect for classic music, instrumental. Even good for the rest if you just simply EQ them. They can handle whatever you throw at them.

That tiny 10mm single DD can handle even the most busiest tracks. Have an excellent extention at the ultra high end even better most of the well implemented BAs. Comes so close to the ESTs. At the time I was using mk2 along with Ace 2 with XMEMS. And Mk2 was like 'Come my dear friend, I'll show you some tasty ultra high ends that you expected from XMEMS'. When I hear DDs like these, I'm always thinking what more they can get out of them. Kudos to Final for achieving that.

The bass is much better than ze3000, deep, rumbling, not shy and slamming hard. They used aluminum shell in the DD this rather than resin they used in ze3000. Thick piano notes and a smooth transition to the mids without disturbing anything with the rest. Lush mids, soft gentle but very detailed. The lack of ear gain puts some instruments very far. However the solist are very close. Due to that lack of ear gain during the solist high pitch, it doesn't hurt your ears. Keeps the balance and tonality. But the lack of eae gain makes the engagement and fun go away during crowded tracks so EQin them and giving 1.2-2.8khz region a little boost gives you that engagement and fun. Lastly treble. Very gentle and highly resolving. It's not dying to give super crisp presentation. Trying to stay musical and gives you the right amount of extension. Can take EQ really well. I love listening live concerts with these. Imaging is pin point razer sharp. I found myself looking at the side when a certain effects coming up.

So long story short. Mixed feelings. Should I go for the sound or comfort/usability. That's the question.

What's good about tws is that you can buy and experience these very well designed DDs in an affordable price. Ze3000 had very close performance to A4000 according to some and the price was cheaper. Some got that experience with a lower price. I don't know what's the equivalent of ze8000 mk2 but what I hear is fantastic.

Jan 17, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #93,234 of 106,548
9FsKzpLjoshtDOoeNopAkHgOgdQUJQ_xxQkGyYU93SIVQSs756UpExHnTUdYt-7LzRn7Qpw0M1BOou8PMyu13qeTAJIjLGvgUuXR6bIMzL0nY6bqqnJ_SY7xwSukOotMZHXpDMsIuhsThkYDnMR--Ec

NiceHCK F1 Pro + Cyan Cable

Just going to share a short impression on the F1 Pro, got it free from NiceHCK in exchange for some sharing online.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006228604236.html

Never had any NiceHCK IEM before, but I have had many of their cables. This is a planar IEM with a 14.2mm driver, same as what is in other models like S12 or Timeless. I still think there has been a change in driver material of the planar, the new gen of planars has gone away from the hollow metallic timbre that I really disliked.

qnbOfiVE4A6NsE4S3j0Or1Ri9kZlFsMTn68jPKP1-vbw_RL1ixwHmoUsIaTciEHtQiZU0q9sBK2_GnkGMQmQuxZaaqZ4nOpybi4edXpqfLjVH4a7KVMTsTTU1ZSnxu7YHqtxzupFUbQh_L7XRTtqWfk

The package is surprisingly good, plenty of tips. A small hard case, I prefer larger ones but it's still a nice addition. The supplied stock cable is 4.4mm in SPC, I have a few cables almost the same. It's a very nice and ergonomic cable that also looks very nice, and sounds alright.

I also got the Cyan Cable that instead have a fabric outer layer, it's an okay cable but I really dont feel its a upgrade from the stock cable.

aD_7NuHLVw_z_do6COUAJTqVDP0h5TaCOfaIIRfRIVl59GAIjQ6EF7mu2yfalwXqENdTRz00j8J3-tCN84DhckcjsLG42cXnBILQoOIJL_Q8ya0OnmVIjA1y0tsYZZOwSM88_BAaOzFom2Ls8_CZD8M

Maybe you haven't heard any planar IEMs in a while, or you dismissed them due to the timbre being off. This is a good and cheap planar to try again, much more musical and fun sounding.

Gone is the harsh metallic sound, bass also has a more convincing sound to it. It's still a planar so decay will be on the faster sound, but it can slam really good and should please most people.
Very fun on bassy electronica, and never sound slow or boring.

Midrange is also quite good, I find it a little thin sounding. But I do prefer a more forward midrange that is richer, would say the midrange is quite neutral. Just lacks a little soul, it lack the nuances of a DD and comes off a little sterile.

Treble is well extended with a good amount of air, don't find it peaky or tiresome. Maybe some slight elevation over what is natural, but also balances well with the bass.

Soundstage is nothing special, it's not bad but not good either. Resolution is pretty good as planars usually are, but it's not a step above the earlier planars.

97nYa1Mrijb-DtvBSg1HkGEnLnwNbH_a04a8_RSiVfIhhwpTt5a6pVNeEHDfcoVyfEpR0WwxK8ZlbevTpssavTK3SforkzoFQxy3viR5oAvVbkWS86yVePTWz8WerfKrrHghN546LcQ10k3Q3Dp0P-4

VNOZmM2u0Fgda6P50hpBbkmu3jw8_8NjKjS7P-C-EON7dA-Bmy_d9DTr_EP5U0FQ4lhbSFA2ALN9AjQBQssccgTO9vNLAEic3Fng0cvZtiNFiOY0V8knEl1A3ADzs4L3ov7s3XUEpIrzqbkxRtHv1gQ

Some photos besides the Letshuoer S15 and S12 Pro, I find the shell of S15 to be the most ergonomic with S12 close second. I am maybe one of few who like the material and design of the shell of the S15, even if the faceplate is not that nice. All 3 of them are small and should fit most people.

I would say that F1 Pro is 90% of what S15 is, S15 does have a better midrange and smoother tuning. Bass is very similar on both of them, and it's hard to pick a winner. Soundstage is larger on S15, but this can be a personal thing. Its a huge price difference here, that alone can make F1 Pro better for many.

S12 Pro is quite different, and I find F1 Pro a good step up. Sound more natural be it bass, mids or treble. Very similar to have the S15 was over the S12 Pro, the metallic sound of S12 Pro is gone. Bass has much more depth and fullness to it, not lacking the dynamics.

hFKf9FTR5WxnlWxpE0Mz_KzlQqc89dHNVcuV0mwIAHuDYfi6FEPXAHlS1oLjONwmnMrvXjCsoHTNnoxcNpQbdHn946brwHEbVKoKuuX1S50RaYAvpO1HnZwmV8heac6AWcpMac0RzFymoNg-KKXxiFQ

I do recommend the NiceHCK F1 Pro, it's a solid planar release. I am more of a DD guy myself, but even so I had a very good time with F1 Pro. Music I like the most with F1 Pro is maybe electronica or metal, it can play other genres also. But the speedy and clean nature of the planar suits fast music. More photos under in the spoiler, cheers.

Zfpv1bhP1fOZ8PL3Y1fZmANv6l0Okl8OvJKwMRRWebzHjSXZ1lBlJGauOYtmESwQIatie73oQ3mC64Ns6-fKjlt6raFKZ7W1mEIj9UMWcDFChlV8f-Eshi_GDi3muZy5VtsyWWn0973X5e_eRUZBcfg

h7Pz0oBNYIuUe7KBd_rBFEMwZzN5sg-FhlUYD6iOQAq9dNU_9Zwo1YV2nNq8P6wyg5dtSbRi5_g6SwdcBn2uiw9m23Izpl4kArNL6Ytu62IbTzuq7JPEYl9Ztx80natz_joA1j90_l8qx9QI39kQ0Cw

UoeVVm8vPFSVW1Kn4Mz5D2ozJYv3WMXBzp6gO4DUS_L_n8pbjpSf-YVxecj2JajtxjSLih17kSaAQk5JMIKTBcg3ue57Suy7-OnWHE68zrmOl590xxRNvwaEtmDJYK2_1gKP-zNI7fcuCMnR8e0XmCo

yCy4zXTbeI0ssGhSiLUTb9VWxQd6ddDrnhIOwNbg5MeA3HS2BMKTgTfiuj7S4OJPj6E0Rf4TsE1TuITQnrDGS8IHmsTJPeAOcYpUhXMHgRJDMqWjyNoH4Tc2LLZTnzIYLiRMow6Nr_dMN2Yy-bJ-Qvc

s8YPgyKIkY6CiN8ibec5VAn3yYyoItMwn5-Hw8MeBMuHb2-UaKY3tlIPDT9TmEzhL_Mje66jJZOqLDsvhHgTmPl4O9dMDee1cTcC2rm4EPJ_86Z18ouYM-t1DSOjOeMBjDULmf517o-CpMYCcIFPTFw

M_tDeuR22AmwXKgliDNOB5i8TqiEazrMpKRynm72lbFLes9G7mcAWN8TwVVOF3bNzGJEEyqKsbpJNFTE3cYJBdcmnH-1bj6UyVBdVtlY-NwWYb3j8KldNVuK5kUSdBtbq-JRLI8pINsyrmcmj47cW9s

BhZrT0vA2jwKbrRUivYkAXXf8FhxXPvTVoYLWcioyXIoeMbsCyhOrRQh6UfEytnhVcQRiW3zTSh39Q1FvkyEJl2klBbOQBZs2cHD5P5IBgx7Mx0uGXvDBWe71CjkvrDQvQwquq4Nkm2qAweMftrBAhY

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #93,235 of 106,548
After getting rid of the Ace 2, I decided to buy another tws and came across by Final audio ze8000 mk2.

Honestly, I have quite average shaped ear that I barely had any issue with any of the IEMs i tried. However, I'm having tough times with my two recent purchases.

IMG_20240117_134344.jpgIMG_20240117_134419.jpg

Mk2 is another example of this with its strange Frankenstein looking design bringing me the memories that I had with Audio Technica Cks1000 ltd.

71f2907lZPL.jpg

I didn't have much of an issue with Cks1000 at the time. This is what I remember at least because it's been almost 10 years since I said goodbye to them.

I have a great sympathy for Final Audio after purchasing their ze3000 which has an quite unique presentation in a holographic soundstage where everything is expanding above and outside of your head. Bass is the tricky part of ze3000 as it's suffering to produce that tasty hard kicking bass. From the quality perspective , it's good. But the lacking amount of bass makes you crank up the volume. Then ear gain and ultra high end starts getting way more than brighter. If track was so busy, ze3000 might tire your ears.

The reason why bass is soft is coming from design of DD. Finalbis very famous with their F-Core DD using a special molding procedure during the production. The center of DD is using a hard resin shell. However, with that design I'm unable to produce a hard kicking bass even with the EQ as it's effecting the rest of the frequency response right away. Ze3000 is made for instrumental music, can keep up with Pop, Edm but don't expect it to make you hype for a good training when you need some energy from bass.

I'm dying for soundstage presentation. The bigger the better( I know i know it's not always about the size :))

What i got for the money I paid made me seek out other Final products. The battery was great with ze3000 as well. As I also know from the naming perspective of Final that ze8000 is a flagship level tws. Look at a series a8000 is top level for example with a price that you need to sell your kidneys. I didn't expect ze8000 to be up to that cabled design iems but still if Final gives 8/10 then that should mean sth. So here today I'm finding myself using ze8000 Mk2 because of those reasons.

However, the experience does not guarantee the same anything with a new product. And mk2 is a great example for that. I'm not talking about the sound because it is fantastic what they have done with these. I'm talking about fit issue caused by the design and some other aspects that I'll be explaining which are also an important part of the user experience.

Pros: high resolution presentation sound [8K Sound]
Class AB Amplifier
Rubycon premium capacitors
ANC with four different profiles
Latest Snapdragon Sound Tech

Cons: maybe nothing?

Cough cough cough...
(massive review production mode off)

Pros: Holographic soundstage experience expanding truly in all dimensions
Very balanced profile that will suite the taste of those seeking out pure sound experience(see also cons)
Tasty lows balanced with quality and quantity (not for bassheads)
Lush mids
Impressive treble performance catching the balance of giving the detail without being harsh and piercing
Tws features available such as dedicated app, ANC, Ambient sound (see also cons)

Cons: trouble making design causing issues while working out even walking
Finicky fit with proprietary tips that youu can't use anything else due to not having any lips on the nozzle
Weird suction feeling and sound is getting effected even while walking
Mediocre battery life(even worse with 8k dsp feature on)
Very flat frequency response lacking enough ear gain that might not suite your entire library (can be luckily solved with EQ)
Classic tws features ANC, Ambient mode, dedicated app are all just mediocre, nothing stands out from the competition

First things first: The design. Oh boy the design...

I'm not joking when I first went to the gym with these on my ears, I realized that they get attention. Why? Because I'm walking around like a character coming out from Teletubbies or I'm an alien and my antennas going out from my ears to communicate with my friends watching us somewhere out of the sight in our milky way galaxy. I was even thinking if the design is made on purpose to get attention because I'm sure people had curiosity like 'what the hell are those'

IMG_20240117_134609.jpg

You see the part with the proprietary tips covering the plastic body? This is where the DD is located and that parts hangs on your concha. The another circular black part is staying outside of your ears and I believe this where they keep the acoustic chamber and some other parts? May be a circular battery staying there also but i know Final pays attention to the acoustic chambers so that's mho. Lastly that flat line section where the main board is located and touch controls on the top part.

They just look ridiculous while wearing. You can't wear a cap or anything. Forget about sleeping with them. They're for sitting and listening with full attention. Not even walking. Why? Because there's a continuous suction feeling on your ear holes and when you're walking, with a little bit of shake the frequency is being changed. Mostly bass is getting affected. I don't even mention the 'boom boom' sound while tapping the touch controls.

So, I understand my assignment that these are for sitting down and not moving much. Then the question comes, why did I get rid of the cables then?

I should mention that these are my personal experiences and smb else might find the fit totally normal and use these even during running(can't imagine though).

The app... Luckily the app works(Creative with a facepalm). Everything pairs quickly smoothly. You control everything just fine. EQ feature is available, different ANC and Ambient modes, 8K activator( the name...) etc etc. Just classic for a tws.

IMG_20240117_151517.jpg

I won't deep dive about the available features Class leading amplifiers, 8k sound with dsp etc. Anyone can read those. Real listening and user experience are the only factors I pay attention. Did you add a 'crazy supee uber omg crazy' feature? Nice. Let me use and hear then.

One thing to mention. The ANC/Ambient controls. You can't turn off ANC entirely from tws controls. Btw ze8000 mk2 has the feature to turn it off. First version didn't even give users to turn off the noise control because the passive isolation was bad. They later developed these strange proprietary tips leading to the better isolation and now they let you turn noise control off. You should go to the app and turn it off there. But then the app turns off all the controls for ANC/Ambient. Why? Because they're under that noise control off switch and you can't turn them on from tws controls, you have to go to the app and turn off. What genius idea is that... IMG_20240117_151501.jpg

I don't even wanna mention the chaotic touch control assignments...

As I'm mentioning the tips. A little deep dive here. IMG_20240117_134722.jpg

The release hole for the DD is right next to the nozzle if you notice. You might say how the DD breaths then if that weird shaped tips seals it off entirely.
There's an elevation they put inside and that creates a tiny barrier between the tips and DD so that it can perform as it was designed. However, during insertions, the suction feeling is really bad. Takes a few seconds to normalize. But every time you try to adjust during walking/exercise, it effects the sounds so badly. Makes it tiny strange like one side just died. Then slowly slowly comes back to life. I don't like this feeling.

Lastly the battery life. Final says up to 5 hours. Id say up to 3 hours. Because companies always do their tests in their 'specific' environment. God knows how low the volume was and how many features they turned off. The mentioned 8K sound which uses dsp even gives you warning when you're activating that 'the consumption might increase dramatically'. Nice...

Going into the sound finally.

After all critics above finally the good part. What a great sound experience is this. I can't express it enough. After all these complains, Final is like ' ok ok I got it. Just please listen at least and you'll understand'. And I can admit it's exactly that way.

The presentation is like a full sized over ear headphones. Holographic, super big soundstage. Tall, super deep, super expansive. The neutrality these have is just amazing me. Perfect for classic music, instrumental. Even good for the rest if you just simply EQ them. They can handle whatever you throw at them.

That tiny 10mm single DD can handle even the most busiest tracks. Have an excellent extention at the ultra high end even better most of the well implemented BAs. Comes so close to the ESTs. At the time I was using mk2 along with Ace 2 with XMEMS. And Mk2 was like 'Come my dear friend, I'll show you some tasty ultra high ends that you expected from XMEMS'. When I hear DDs like these, I'm always thinking what more they can get out of them. Kudos to Final for achieving that.

The bass is much better than ze3000, deep, rumbling, not shy and slamming hard. They used aluminum shell in the DD this rather than resin they used in ze3000. Thick piano notes and a smooth transition to the mids without disturbing anything with the rest. Lush mids, soft gentle but very detailed. The lack of ear gain puts some instruments very far. However the solist are very close. Due to that lack of ear gain during the solist high pitch, it doesn't hurt your ears. Keeps the balance and tonality. But the lack of eae gain makes the engagement and fun go away during crowded tracks so EQin them and giving 1.2-2.8khz region a little boost gives you that engagement and fun. Lastly treble. Very gentle and highly resolving. It's not dying to give super crisp presentation. Trying to stay musical and gives you the right amount of extension. Can take EQ really well. I love listening live concerts with these. Imaging is pin point razer sharp. I found myself looking at the side when a certain effects coming up.

So long story short. Mixed feelings. Should I go for the sound or comfort/usability. That's the question.

What's good about tws is that you can buy and experience these very well designed DDs in an affordable price. Ze3000 had very close performance to A4000 according to some and the price was cheaper. Some got that experience with a lower price. I don't know what's the equivalent of ze8000 mk2 but what I hear is fantastic.
You sold your IMR Ace 2??? Did you burn them in for 500 hours? 😉 (half serious).

Jan 17, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #93,236 of 106,548
Jan 17, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #93,237 of 106,548
TANCHJIM ORIGIN

Attachments

• GEDQtBQXQAAdl4C.jpg
    GEDQtBQXQAAdl4C.jpg
    511.6 KB · Views: 0
Jan 17, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #93,238 of 106,548
Jan 17, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #93,239 of 106,548
Soundstage is nothing special, it's not bad but not good either. Resolution is pretty good as planars usually are, but it's not a step above the earlier planars.
Soundstage should always be taken with a grain of salt. But it seems if it's not wide, it's always considered a con.

I don't look or want headphones or IEMs to have a large soundstage in every model. As a matter of fact, when I look at closed-back headphones...I don't want soundstage to be pronounced. I want the music I listen to to be "into my head" as much as possible and not away from it.

If you ask me, that is the beauty of headphones or IEMs: you get the feeling that the music plays in your head.

And different when you listen to speakers...to be around you...and as wide as possible.

Cheers!

Jan 17, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #93,240 of 106,548
Soundstage should always be taken with a grain of salt. But it seems if it's not wide, it's always considered a con.

I don't look or want headphones or IEMs to have a large soundstage in every model. As a matter of fact, when I look at closed-back headphones...I don't want soundstage to be pronounced. I want the music I listen to to be "into my head" as much as possible and not away from it.

If you ask me, that is the beauty of headphones or IEMs: you get the feeling that the music plays in your head.

And different when you listen to speakers...to be around you...and as wide as possible.

Cheers!

Agree with you there, soundstage is also very personal. Even if there is differences in the soundstage on IEMs it will always be larger with speakers, then headphones, then earbuds and IEMs the smallest.

Some need it as large as possible, I'm not that picky as long the imaging is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back