The discovery thread!
Jan 16, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #93,166 of 102,870
1000001700.jpg 1000001676.jpg1000001750.jpg
There's absolutely nothing like the Szalayis bro
...........in terms of dynamics and sonics as long as you turn up the volume really high ............the louder the better , its like having speakers inside your head, it does benefit from a good source though..........the plannar is taking care of the midrange providing spaciouness and air so separation is no problem no matter how bombastic the bass is there.. , regardless of it's impact the rest of the spectrum stays perfectly balanced and coherent.........it's just impossible in this kind of tuning for the treble to extend more it would be inaudible and crazy fatigue listening, so... tuning wise and cleverly enough treble stays lower in the FR, providing smoothness and comfort for long time listenings...
Azla xelastec serves me the best on these monsters providing secure and stable fit
ENJOY..............
Happy to see others enjoying the Szalayi. I was of the opinion everyone who got them sold them off. Thankfully that is not the case.

Jan 16, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #93,167 of 102,870
Happy to see others enjoying the Szalayi. I was of the opinion everyone who got them sold them off. Thankfully that is not the case.
What is the biggest complaint on these, and how are their details? (Szalayi) I was surprised or maybe not that Timmy from Gizaudio didn't like the Overitti iems.

Jan 16, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #93,168 of 102,870
Sorry, I could not resist! 😂
1705438548074.png

Jan 16, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #93,169 of 102,870
What is the biggest complaint on these, and how are their details? (Szalayi) I was surprised or maybe not that Timmy from Gizaudio didn't like the Overitti iems.
Not sure but from what I have read online and heard from fellow audiophiles
1. Too much bass for some
2. Bass might get a bit bloaty(its not bloaty at all, rather the opposite)
3. The highs are not sibilant and also lack that shimmer
4. Shell size too big for some and nozzle is thick.

Detail retrieval is very good but not in your face. This bird needs a good fit and thus tip rolling is essential.

I haven't heard any of the new Oriveti iems cause I have settled down with my audio gear, but all my audiophile friends have been going gaga over their sound.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #93,170 of 102,870
Pula PA02 arrived today, I plugged to Ibasso DX320X AMP14 using HanSound Nyx 4.4 cable and Azla vivid tips.
TBH it’s the best set I heard under 300$ for sure.

IMG_0833.jpeg

Jan 16, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #93,171 of 102,870

It seemed Timmy only tried the black nozzle on the OD200 as he said they were a bit shouty and too much treble. I expect he’ll have some different thoughts when he tries the silver nozzles as every other reviewer I’ve seen has said similar.

Jan 16, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #93,172 of 102,870
It seemed Timmy only tried the black nozzle on the OD200 as he said they were a bit shouty and too much treble. I expect he’ll have some different thoughts when he tries the silver nozzles as every other reviewer I’ve seen has said similar.
timmy-south-park-498-x-348-gif-77wvqlob29eplg8l.gif

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #93,173 of 102,870
Not sure but from what I have read online and heard from fellow audiophiles
1. Too much bass for some
2. Bass might get a bit bloaty(its not bloaty at all, rather the opposite)
3. The highs are not sibilant and thus lack that shimmer
4. Shell size too big for some and nozzle is thick.

Detail retrieval is very good but not in your face. This bird needs a good fit and thus tip rolling is essential.

I haven't heard any of the new Oriveti iems cause I have settled down with my audio gear, but all my audiophile friends have been going gaga over their sound.
How would Szalayi play complex music, like electronica, house, or alternative?

Jan 16, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #93,174 of 102,870
For the Sza; pretty much the only “downside” for me is the lack of shiny treble. However that’s a plus for me? It’s a razor thin line whether treble is too much or not enough, and this treads it well. Easily its biggest downside, other than the shell size imo (another plus for me tho).

Jan 16, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #93,175 of 102,870
My review is out on AüR Audio Ascension, feel free to read if of any interest.

Past month with Ascension has been very enjoyable, and I admit it didn't win me over at once.
But over time it has grown to be my faovorite model from AüR Audio, a organic sound that is warm and natural.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/aür-audio-ascension.26970/review/32735/

Cheers.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #93,176 of 102,870
Pula PA02 arrived today, I plugged to Ibasso DX320X AMP14 using HanSound Nyx 4.4 cable and Azla vivid tips.
TBH it’s the best set I heard under 300$ for sure.

IMG_0833.jpeg
Great photo. Great set.

Jan 16, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #93,177 of 102,870
Another one to fan the flames of the Pula PA02 hype (picture doesn't do it justice)...

_DSC4249.jpg

Cayin RU7 > Flash Acoustics 'Flash' SPC cable > Pula PA02 > KBear 07 tips.

Tonality: mild-W, all-rounder
Standouts: build quality & nice case, stage depth, imaging, very good air extension
Not-so-good: bass impact is a bit soft, low mid detail slightly muffled by bleed, male vocals a bit thin, stage width a little tight, 8kHz peak can be sharp in poor recordings, dependent on sensitivity and can probably be mitigated by tips/source (borderline case for me)
Other considerations: cable sensitive (ymmv) - had to roll several before landing on one to improve dynamics
Overall: Great value & build for the price, punches about $250-300 (your opinion may differ)

Jan 16, 2024 at 5:42 PM Post #93,179 of 102,870
Another one to fan the flames of the Pula PA02 hype (picture doesn't do it justice)...

_DSC4249.jpg
Cayin RU7 > Flash Acoustics 'Flash' SPC cable > Pula PA02 > KBear 07 tips.

Tonality: mild-W, all-rounder
Standouts: build quality & nice case, stage depth, imaging, very good air extension
Not-so-good: bass impact is a bit soft, low mid detail slightly muffled by bleed, male vocals a bit thin, stage width a little tight, 8kHz peak can be sharp in poor recordings, dependent on sensitivity and can probably be mitigated by tips/source (borderline case for me)
Other considerations: cable sensitive (ymmv) - had to roll several before landing on one to improve dynamics
Overall: Great value & build for the price, punches about $250-300 (your opinion may differ)
That cable looks hella nice!

Jan 16, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #93,180 of 102,870
I will ask for a new code for the F1 Pro.....I mean for me the Cyan was really cool. Though some wanted a different sound. The wild thing was the Cyan made the F1 Pro warmer and thicker but also strangely expanded the stage into new territory? Some people were also kind-of put-off by the “thready” material as you can see “fuzz” coming off the cable in places. But as far as ergonomics, the Cyan was non microphonic and handled extremely well in my use. I then was so smitten with the Cable I went and took it to other IEMs and it did the same trick in widening the stage and adding warmth? Plus I actually like how it looks, as it is hard to see any small threads unless you are in bright light and have micro-vision enabled? Let’s see what she gives out! Cheers :)

Any new codes for the NiceHck F1 Pro? I see they've changed their cable bundles offers - now one with the FirstTouch cable for a small-ish uplift in price and one with the MoonGod cable that doubles the price. Don't know what those cables are like but people spoke well of the bundle with the Cyan cable (including you I think?)
The regularly included NiceHCK stock F1 Pro cable is super nice. Some may prefer that stock “clean” sound to other options? But the included cable has super good build and ergonomics too. Many would simply be fine with the included cable unless curiousness took control of their wallet? Still the Cyan at one point was only $1 so? You couldn’t loose, even if you tried.
Stock cable with f1 Pro isn't bad fyi. Easily a 30-dollar cable to the point I didn't feel a need to cable swap.
Ha! They can change everything a little bit, and it seems like a lot more at times?
But don't you know cables change EVERYTHING!!! (allegedly)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back