The discovery thread!
Dec 11, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #90,931 of 106,821
I have... No change.
Very disappointed.
Now the seller wants me to record a video "proving" the imbalance is really an issue.
I think this might be difficult to tape in a clear and demonstrable manner.
I am hoping that maybe Geek Wold sees this and reaches out to help, but I'm skeptical that this will happen.
:frowning2:
Sincere condolences. You got the popular make a video out of everything task. :rolling_eyes:

Dec 11, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #90,932 of 106,821
I have... No change.
Very disappointed.
Now the seller wants me to record a video "proving" the imbalance is really an issue.
I am hoping that maybe Geek Wold sees this and reaches out to help, but I'm skeptical that this will happen.
Yeah, that sucks. Sounds like something got lost in translation and they're just giving you canned responses for RMA/warranty claims.

It'd be difficult to prove something like that. Maybe set up a stationary mic or headset mic with your phone and record loud music playing from each monitor into the mic.

Dec 11, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #90,933 of 106,821
I have to do more testing, but my GK200 has a severe channel imbalance.
Trying to communicate with the AliX store to see how this process of shipping back to mainland China will work, but this is not an auspicious start for Geek Wold...
There is another review on AliX where the customer had an issue with channel imbalance as well.
Let's hope it's not a recurring theme.
Pity because I really liked the GK100 but it gives me pause to chance getting another lemon.
SMH...
ah, huge bummer I am sorry to hear 😩 was waiting to see how that set worked out for you.

Dec 11, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #90,934 of 106,821
I have... No change.
Very disappointed.
Maybe @Chen sy from Geek Wold could help on that? I know him from Geek wold thread.

I have order for gk200 and hearing this for such high priced Iem doesn't sound good to me.

Dec 11, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #90,936 of 106,821
I have no question about the technical validity (partly because I have no technical expertise in the area :dt880smile: ), but I’m old and stubborn and I need my uncompensated graph. In my head, the uncompensated graphs are automatically transformed into a compensated ones against a Harman-ish preference target anyway.

My biggest gripe at the moment is the calculation behind the scene of these graphs. It would be great to see the formula, or just open source the thing like CrinGraph. I don’t like to be told that “sound between these is gud, trust science (OBEY)” That’s how we create mistrust in science in the first place. Resolve mentioned that I missed a video where he explained everything. Need to go through headphones.com channel and find that video.

If it were me, I would just show an uncompensated graph against the target and shaded preference areas, and let people read for themselves. Readers from this community are not that incompetent that they need you to point out: “see on this grey area? Sound in here is gud. See this line? Higher than the line means louder”. They can read the graph themselves.
Ask and you shall receive! I think you might find this display isn't super intuitive, because the target is likely one that people who are used to IEF Neutral or Harman aren't familiar with, but here it is regardless.

1702311883206.png

For what it's worth, I did link my measurement website with all of the raw data (multiple tips, positional variance) as well as multiple targets and views—raw, DF compensated, target compensated—available. If someone wants a more personalized view of the data used in my reviews, strongly recommend checking out my measurement database(s) linked in my signature.

Headphones.com's tool isn't quite perfect yet (eg. we don't have the raw + preference bounds + "target" view sussed out yet) but I do rather enjoy how much simpler comparisons are between two or more measurements when the relevant HRTF is subtracted. Thanks for the feedback though, we're definitely interested in how people actually use the squiggles to know what kind of features/modes of use we need to accommodate.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Dec 11, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #90,937 of 106,821
I have... No change.
Very disappointed.
Truly sorry to hear about this problem, really hope AliExpress and/or GeekWold get involved to make this right for you 🙏 [Trust a company with your business, you at least expect to get a product that works as advertised]

Dec 11, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #90,938 of 106,821
Maybe @Chen sy from Geek Wold could help on that? I know him from Geek wold thread.

I have order for gk200 and hearing this for such high priced Iem doesn't sound good to me.
I reached out to @Chen sy. Still waiting on a reply. I'll update you guys with all steps of the process.
Looks like he hasn't been on head-fi in a while though...
Capture+_2023-12-11-11-53-00.png

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #90,939 of 106,821
it has its shortcomings but for the money it costs it is pretty good, nice stereo airy sound.
My perception of EW200 is that it has a velvety smooth character, but it gets hard to like the sound after a little while. I don't know if it makes any sense, for me it gives a floating sensation of the singers, which doesn't suit rest of the music.

Edit: I'm super excited for the EA500 LM though.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #90,940 of 106,821
I reached out to @Chen sy. Still waiting on a reply. I'll update you guys with all steps of the process.
Looks like he hasn't been on head-fi in a while though...
What store did you use on Ali?

Dec 11, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #90,941 of 106,821
I have... No change.
Very disappointed.
LMAO. Send them a video of your tilted head then and point out that your head is normally straight as an arrow....

This 'send us a video' appears to be the standard to prove whatever the claim. Makes no sense, but hey, this is how they roll these days.
I was asked once to record a video to prove that the screen of the equipment is no longer working. I recorded a dark screen and after some more emails back and forth they just stopped responding.

Hope those Geeks are different, but I am not holding my breath tbh.

Cheers

Dec 11, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #90,942 of 106,821
Dec 11, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #90,943 of 106,821
This could be the push I need to never use Aliexpress again, tbh.

Dec 11, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #90,944 of 106,821
Dec 11, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #90,945 of 106,821
Too bad you didn't use NiceHCK official/audio store.

They have free return and always helpful with the problems.
Thanks for pointing this out. I might be able to get a free return on this order...
Capture+_2023-12-11-12-44-00.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back