Oct 16, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #87,362 of 102,990
Oct 16, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #87,363 of 102,990
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hisenior-mega5p.26160/reviews#review-31993

A review of the HiSenior Mega5P.
DSC_0489.jpeg2.jpeg

Oct 16, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #87,364 of 102,990
Oct 16, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #87,366 of 102,990

TANGZU SETS IMPRESSIONS!​

It may be have been a keyboard convention, but I made sure to try out TangZu Audio latest sets and recall my experience with older sets during The Grand Lason by Zion Studios. Check out my impressions here!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
DSC00283.JPG

Tangzu Wan’er Jade Green ver.
- Basically, Wan’er with a pretty green color and a MUCH better cable with an inline mic. If I start my audio journey now, this is what I’d get (or if I wanted to gift someone a pair of IEMs, this would be the one)

DSC00198.JPG

Tangzu Fudu
- A really solid, warm slightly v-shaped set that is a jack of all trades and master of none. It’s the textbook definition of safe and is probably the perfect upgrade from the Wan’er series. It doesn’t excel at one particular thing, so you can expect it’d do most if not all genre’s pretty decently

DSC00312.JPG

Tangzu x HBB Wu Heyday
- I called this the best planar when I reviewed it almost a year ago and my opinions of it have not changed. My opinions toward planars changed, however, and I wasn’t as fond of their timbre as I did before. It has a rather thin vocal presence that is perfect for giving instruments and vocals a lot of detail and nuance, but not very good for male vocals and lower-frequency instruments. Otherwise, still one of the best planars in the game by far

DSC00241.JPG

Tangzu Nezha
- Probably one of the best almost all-BA sets I’ve tried in terms of comfort as it fits my ear almost perfectly without any vacuum or air pressure build-up. Sound-wise, it has a balanced-warm sound signature with a soothing and smooth low end that kind of lacks punchiness, full-bodied vocals, and a nicely detailed treble that can come across as a little edgy in some tracks. It’s quite a smooth, full-bodied sound, but lacks a bit of low-end tactility and slam.

DSC00368.JPG

Tangzu Gate (prototype)
- As Tangzu’s first flagship, a very solid balanced set with a little bit of bass energy and a little bit of treble energy to give it a very energetic yet still natural sound. It can come across as a little gritty in the treble, but I would say this is the best EST treble presentation that I’ve heard from all the EST IEMs that I’ve tried for how crisp and nuanced the treble of this thing is. The vocals sound rich with good details with male vocals having a good amount of body and female vocals being quite sparkly. But probably the most mind-blowing thing about the Gate is how wide it sounds. It’s still conventionally in-ear in stage and imaging, but even compared to the Nezha this sounds very expansive. Separation is also so clean and crisp on the Gate.

Tangzu’s upcoming sets have a lot of potential with the Gate in particular having the potential to be one of the best sets under $1000, but keep in mind that the tuning of the Gate still isn’t final and my thoughts on this can and will change on the final release.

Oct 16, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #87,367 of 102,990

TANGZU SETS IMPRESSIONS!​

It may be have been a keyboard convention, but I made sure to try out TangZu Audio latest sets and recall my experience with older sets during The Grand Lason by Zion Studios. Check out my impressions here!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
DSC00283.JPG
Tangzu Wan’er Jade Green ver.
- Basically, Wan’er with a pretty green color and a MUCH better cable with an inline mic. If I start my audio journey now, this is what I’d get (or if I wanted to gift someone a pair of IEMs, this would be the one)

DSC00198.JPG
Tangzu Fudu
- A really solid, warm slightly v-shaped set that is a jack of all trades and master of none. It’s the textbook definition of safe and is probably the perfect upgrade from the Wan’er series. It doesn’t excel at one particular thing, so you can expect it’d do most if not all genre’s pretty decently

DSC00312.JPG
Tangzu x HBB Wu Heyday
- I called this the best planar when I reviewed it almost a year ago and my opinions of it have not changed. My opinions toward planars changed, however, and I wasn’t as fond of their timbre as I did before. It has a rather thin vocal presence that is perfect for giving instruments and vocals a lot of detail and nuance, but not very good for male vocals and lower-frequency instruments. Otherwise, still one of the best planars in the game by far

DSC00241.JPG
Tangzu Nezha
- Probably one of the best almost all-BA sets I’ve tried in terms of comfort as it fits my ear almost perfectly without any vacuum or air pressure build-up. Sound-wise, it has a balanced-warm sound signature with a soothing and smooth low end that kind of lacks punchiness, full-bodied vocals, and a nicely detailed treble that can come across as a little edgy in some tracks. It’s quite a smooth, full-bodied sound, but lacks a bit of low-end tactility and slam.

DSC00368.JPG
Tangzu Gate (prototype)
- As Tangzu’s first flagship, a very solid balanced set with a little bit of bass energy and a little bit of treble energy to give it a very energetic yet still natural sound. It can come across as a little gritty in the treble, but I would say this is the best EST treble presentation that I’ve heard from all the EST IEMs that I’ve tried for how crisp and nuanced the treble of this thing is. The vocals sound rich with good details with male vocals having a good amount of body and female vocals being quite sparkly. But probably the most mind-blowing thing about the Gate is how wide it sounds. It’s still conventionally in-ear in stage and imaging, but even compared to the Nezha this sounds very expansive. Separation is also so clean and crisp on the Gate.

Tangzu’s upcoming sets have a lot of potential with the Gate in particular having the potential to be one of the best sets under $1000, but keep in mind that the tuning of the Gate still isn’t final and my thoughts on this can and will change on the final release.
Wow! :)

Oct 16, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #87,368 of 102,990
Or at Ali -
Truthear NOVA 1Dynamic 4 Balanced Ear Headphone with 0.78 2Pin Cable
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPDxBLk
In official store you have 5% discount with coins and with this code 1015 you can get an additional 15$ discount on it.

PARTY TIME ALIEXPRESS SALE OCTOBER 2023
16-10-2023 – 18-10-2023

TOTAL & Countries EXCLUDING: RU, UZ, AM, KZ, TJ, BY, MD, AZ, TM, KG, GE

US $9 off Orders over US $90 – Promo Code: 1009
US $15 off Orders over US $150 – Promo Code: 1015
US $20 off Orders over US $200 – Promo Code: 1020
US $35 off Orders over US $350 – Promo Code: 1035

PARTY TIME – United States
Exclusive code of Party Time
US $8 off $50 Code: US8
US $12 off $100 Code: US12
US $30 off $200 Code: US30
US $40 off $300 Code: US40

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #87,369 of 102,990
The Kefine KLANAR is a 14.5mm planar IEM, utilizing a PET diaphragm.

db5810e1-fbbf-4d21-b8d8-c19a52852a44.jpeg

Graph below, 8 kHz is a coupler peak.
Kefine Klanar.jpg

Retails at $119 USD on Amazon and Aliexpress.

Here are some initial impressions out-of-the-box:
- The KLANAR is a warm musical V-shaped set that is thicker in note weight than the usual planar IEMs. Sub-bass focused, and not overly harsh in the treble.
- It is very comfortable and easy to drive for a planar IEM (amplification is not 100% essential).
- Timbre is quite well-done, better than some other planar IEMs like the S12 or Timeless in this department.
- Decent technical chops for a budget planar IEM, especially with transients and imaging and instrument separation. However, soundstage is about average, but I'll see if tip-rolling or burn-in can improve this area.

From brief listening, I think this is a direct rival to the OG Tangzu Zetian Wu, though the Zetian Wu is a bit darker in the upper frequencies and more boomy sounding. Additionally, the Zetian Wu was more expensive at release (I think around $150 USD, and it seems to be out of production now).

Klanar versus Zetian Wu.jpg

Will do burn in and some A/B comparisons and report back.

Oct 16, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #87,370 of 102,990

Kefine Klanar.jpg

- The KLANAR is a warm musical V-shaped set that is thicker in note weight than the usual planar IEMs. Sub-bass focused, and not overly harsh in the treble.
- It is very comfortable and easy to drive for a planar IEM (amplification is not 100% essential).
- Timbre is quite well-done, better than some other planar IEMs like the S12 or Timeless in this department.
- Decent technical chops for a budget planar IEM, especially with transients and imaging and instrument separation. However, soundstage is about average, but I'll see if tip-rolling or burn-in can improve this area.

From brief listening, I think this is a direct rival to the OG Tangzu Zetian Wu, though the Zetian Wu is a bit darker in the upper frequencies and more boomy sounding. Additionally, the Zetian Wu was more expensive at release (I think around $150 USD, and it seems to be out of production now).

Cool!

Oct 16, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #87,371 of 102,990
Oct 16, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #87,372 of 102,990
You also have a choice of 3.5mm or 4.4mm with that!
The word should be "KOOL" instead!
To me it’s always nice to get a 4.4mm, especially if the cable is good.

Oct 16, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #87,373 of 102,990
Oct 16, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #87,374 of 102,990

Kefine Klanar.jpg

PET diaphragm on a Planar how would that work ? I can't see where they would put rubber anywhere on the substrate or used as a surround?

Oct 16, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #87,375 of 102,990
IMG_5363.jpeg

Testing out the Moondrop Spring tips this AM and I get the hype! Very nice fit, I am normally a basshead but I like that this tames the bass down just a bit to hear some more details.

Current morning vibe: Knocked Loose - Forget Your Name

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back