• 1 Knowles BA for high frequency
  • 1 10mm PET diaphragm for low frequency
  • Impedance: 19ohm
  • Sensitivity: 107dB
  • Frequency response range :20-20kHz
  • Passive noise reduction: 26dB
Screen Shot 2023-10-15 at 8.14.20 PM.png

Oct 15, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #87,348 of 104,449
What besides the effectiveness of words, similes and combinations to help us understand which sound we are looking for or which is more congenial and pleasant to our hearing?
Listen for yourself!
But since we can't do it in a physical store (except for a few lucky ones), there are some YouTube channels that try to help us. Dan's Audio Reviews is one of them. He makes some comparisons and comments on them critically, adding his impressions and point of view, except for his Sound Bites.
Today I came across another channel: Glenn Gane Audio. I was amazed by the amount of comparisons between many of the IEMs we know and the comparison methodology. There are no comments, no personal impressions. The songs and music genres are very different and always presented in the same timeline. I found it brilliant! And very helpful... but only 93 subscribers and a handful of views. I think he deserve so much more!
Of course, I know that the final sound that reaches my ears can be distorted by multiple factors... but hey, in this way at least I can understand if one IEM is more muffled or unnatural than another, if the cymbals are more metallic or hot or completely absent, if the bass is muddy... in short, wow!
Give it a look, or rather, a listen. I think you will find it useful.
For example, now I really understood how good the Hype 2 is, or the SR5...
Glenn made a myriad of comparisons. Exceptional work indeed.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #87,350 of 104,449
What besides the effectiveness of words, similes and combinations to help us understand which sound we are looking for or which is more congenial and pleasant to our hearing?
Listen for yourself!
But since we can't do it in a physical store (except for a few lucky ones), there are some YouTube channels that try to help us. Dan's Audio Reviews is one of them. He makes some comparisons and comments on them critically, adding his impressions and point of view, except for his Sound Bites.
Today I came across another channel: Glenn Gane Audio. I was amazed by the amount of comparisons between many of the IEMs we know and the comparison methodology. There are no comments, no personal impressions. The songs and music genres are very different and always presented in the same timeline. I found it brilliant! And very helpful... but only 93 subscribers and a handful of views. I think he deserve so much more!
Of course, I know that the final sound that reaches my ears can be distorted by multiple factors... but hey, in this way at least I can understand if one IEM is more muffled or unnatural than another, if the cymbals are more metallic or hot or completely absent, if the bass is muddy... in short, wow!
Give it a look, or rather, a listen. I think you will find it useful.
For example, now I really understood how good the Hype 2 is, or the SR5...
Glenn made a myriad of comparisons. Exceptional work indeed.
Thanks for the heads-up on GG Audio, I subscribed. There really are a lot of comparisons which might prove useful to get an idea of what to expect from a set you've been eyeing vs a set you possibly already own.

Oct 15, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #87,351 of 104,449
Hello to all.

Here is my humble opinion about the new Tempotec Sonata BHD Pro dongle.

It would be another regular review in my line. The novelty is that I have received another oscilloscope to measure the sources. I used to make the measurements with a small analogue oscilloscope, take pictures of the screen and then make a composite of all of them. The new oscilloscope is digital, it is USB and can be connected to the PC and by means of a proprietary software the measurements can be made. The screenshots are much better. I still have to improve the composition of the screenshots because the values are quite small. But I think the look is cleaner and improved.

I hope you like it.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tempotec-sonata-bhd-pro.26579/reviews#review-31990

Tempotec BHD Pro 15_r.jpg

Oct 16, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #87,354 of 104,449
Am so hyped for the release of these two. Haven't feel that way about IEMs for a long time.

Outside of the sonic difference (which appears to be that Chopin has more bass and treble), to me it may come down to picking the better industrial design (the Chopin) vs picking the company with a better track record (Truthear).

Oct 16, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #87,355 of 104,449
Am so hyped for the release of these two. Haven't feel that way about IEMs for a long time.

Outside of the sonic difference (which appears to be that Chopin has more bass and treble), to me it may come down to picking the better industrial design (the Chopin) vs picking the company with a better track record (Truthear).
True, also the price is going to make a huge impact. If Chopin comes in under 149, it'll be easier to recomend.

Oct 16, 2023 at 3:35 AM Post #87,359 of 104,449

Just finished my review of the ISN Neo5s, which you're invited to read here, in which I compare them with the following IEMs:

ISN EST50
Campfire Audio Ponderosa
Campfire Audio Supermoon 2023 Universal
Campfire Trifecta
Dunu Falcon Ultra
Dunu Vulcan DK-X6
Letshoer s12 Pro
Penon Globe
Thieaudio Monarch MKIII
Unique Melody Mest MKIII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back