The discovery thread!
Aug 21, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #85,291 of 104,767
Note taken. Should have kept a more level head. I’ll try better next time.

Edit: to be fair, I did receive that sort of feedback like you mentioned, and re-do the whole list to implement the advice.
I listen to your opinion as I do Crinacle. Both of you make good points. I work in mental health and we choose interventions to help people that are evidence-based. I have always looked at things in an empirical manner. However, as I have gotten older I realize that preferences are what they are. A matter of individual taste that doesn't really lend itself to those objective measures. I appreciate quantifiable information, but I like what I like.

Aug 21, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #85,292 of 104,767

Edit: to be fair, I did receive that sort of feedback like you mentioned, and re-do the whole list to implement the advice.
Mate, you are doing a really nice work on your page. Keep on that track.

Everyone's, include crin should have the same humble you are showing here 🤙🤙🤙

Aug 21, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #85,294 of 104,767

You absolutely did and that is a credit to you. I was just making the point that if you felt I had attacked you and your character, and not come from a place of good intent, you likely would've shut down and not taken that feedback to heart. But we had a very positive interaction and we both got something out of it. I hope we always strive to do things that way

Aug 21, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #85,295 of 104,767
I'm seriously torn between the Juzear Clear and FloAudio Bluelover... Dang!

Aug 21, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #85,296 of 104,767
I have a pair on the way!:L3000:
This thing comes with the best budget cable I've seen on anything sub $50 USD.

Really puts to shame the trash stock cables you can get with kilobuck sets

Aug 21, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #85,297 of 104,767
A discovery that I for sure am not going to pursue:

Spirit Torino Twin Pulse

Dual Beryllium (plated, as far as I can interpret from their description) Driver in isobaric formation. My biggest peeve is the faceplate, which completely disturbs the continuity of the design. It looked quite fine, an industrial sort of design, up till that, and then it feels that suddenly Spirit Torino remembered that they had a signature design element that they forgot to implement, and in haste just slapped on that faceplate that aesthetically does not come within miles of the rest of the design.
Everything they make has to be that ugly and overpriced. It's the brand.

And yes, I kinda like the design minus the faceplate, as another said... but they look awfully heavy. I think Spirit realized they were leaving money on the table and went "oh no we need an IEM" and it shows.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #85,298 of 104,767
If you could get one iem that is generally good and exceeds expectations and is good value in terms of price what would that be at this moment in August.? I have not purchased the Juzear 41T, the Quintet, and the most recent Simgot as a point of reference.
$200 or less, my recommendation would be the Tanchjim Oxygen, but I understand it may have been superceded, things move so quickly at that price point. Dunu Falcon Ultra, maybe, if you can stretch budget.

Aug 21, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #85,299 of 104,767

Don't worry, mate. You earned my respect as you also have a good reputation here and I value your opinion as your review content are almost alike with mine albeit yours is more technical than mine. We both pointing out the tonal qualities, timbre and other sonic adjectives on we perceive on certain tuning curves.

Keep the head-up, mate!

Aug 21, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #85,300 of 104,767
I joined Q5 train a bit later, but I’m really happy to have it in my collection.
I’d say many things but Q5 is a true bargain even right out the box.
Imho one of the best IEMs under 100$
I’m using stock cable with “Final E” tips plugged to IBasso DX320X, I really like the bass that dig enough without bleeds into mids that are musical and resolving but never harsh.
Q5 reminds me a baby 634 ears LOAK TCL Bocote that I adore.
Congrats EPZ and thanks @Tonytex for your suggestion.

IMG_7891.jpeg
IMG_7895.jpeg
IMG_7898.jpeg

Aug 21, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #85,301 of 104,767
So here are some measurements showing what that so called bone conduction driver truly is in the CVJ Konoka:

Purple is the DD, Green is the "Bone Conduction' driver. Surprisingly the FR could be measured with a coupler. I listened to the driver with a function generator and it agreed with the graph and my playlist test that it worked (loudest) at around 100hz.
And the impedance measurement:
I feel accomplished from my EQ experimentation showing the greatest impact on the vibration response at 125-ish hz. How expensive is it to get a coupler to measure response?

Aug 21, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #85,302 of 104,767
How expensive is it to get a coupler to measure response?

Around A$200 for a 711 clone on Aliexpress. Highly recommended if you do any DIY or modding.

Aug 21, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #85,303 of 104,767
I joined Q5 train a bit later, but I’m really happy to have it in my collection.
I’d say many things but Q5 is a true bargain even right out the box.
Imho one of the best IEMs under 100$
I’m using stock cable with “Final E” tips plugged to IBasso DX320X, I really like the bass that dig enough without bleeds into mids that are musical and resolving but never harsh.
Q5 reminds me a baby 634 ears LOAK TCL Bocote that I adore.
Congrats EPZ and thanks @Tonytex for your suggestion.

IMG_7891.jpeg
IMG_7895.jpeg
IMG_7898.jpeg
I love mine put it on a NICEHCK BLACK SOUL cable just for aesthetics sounds so good for a budget DD

Aug 21, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #85,304 of 104,767
It's been 2 months since I bought anything else related to iem, but sometimes I jump here to update myself, I just wanted to show my solidarity with all of you, for always being active and helping whenever possible, thanks to you I found the best budget combination possible for me:
IMG_20230821_101430.jpg

Simgot EA500 + NICEHCK BlackCat + Spinfit CP100+(plus): the jewel in tonality and detail I've always wanted to have; After having tried things like: Timeless, Mangird Tea 2, kiwi cadenza, blon z300, tinhifi c2, kz esx, ivipQ 100 and others.

Thank you for all your commitment!!

Aug 21, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #85,305 of 104,767
Around A$200 for a 711 clone on Aliexpress. Highly recommended if you do any DIY or modding.
Should I just search for "711 coupler" on there? I always feel like I'm going to get fleeced buying anything over $30 on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back