The discovery thread!
Aug 15, 2023 at 1:47 AM Post #84,992 of 103,503
There are other wonderful things that happens in the audio world aside this audio soap opera that has plot similar to predictable Mexican telenovelas. If you observe that I didn't review any KZ products since the EDCX and their sister brand's CCA HM20 for few months as I'm not really interested. I didn't even review any Moondrop products aside from her sister brands, TruthEar and SoftEars. KXXS, KATO, SSR, Quarks and Aria, they are all disappointment in my opinion. No one on the current Moondrop products in under $200 will ever replace the Kanas Pro. If I want an upgrade of Kanas Pro. It is SoftEars Twilight or Turii.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #84,993 of 103,503
Why people post KZ's same old boring stuff here in this thread? Why don't they just post KZ garbage on KZ thread and keep this Discovery Thread for good stuff.
Some people post KZ garbage on both Discovery and KZ thread. Ain't you people fed-up with KZ?

KZ's IEMs deserves a space in the Discovery Thread. Besides, the majority of IEMs talked about here on this thread are Chinese brands. As far as KZ's current drama, I'm with you on that.

Until Head-Fi decides to ban KZ outright, I think it's fine to mention noteworthy KZ releases on the DT.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #84,994 of 103,503
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/blon-x-z-jojo.26647/reviews#review-31487
JOJO Review
2EEB6E0A-4655-492E-BFFC-F1C521E47D84.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 2:02 AM Post #84,995 of 103,503
There are other wonderful things that happens in the audio world aside this audio soap opera that has plot similar to predictable Mexican telenovelas. If you observe that I didn't review any KZ products since the EDCX and their sister brand's CCA HM20 for few months as I'm not really interested. I didn't even review any Moondrop products aside from her sister brands, TruthEar and SoftEars. KXXS, KATO, SSR, Quarks and Aria, they are all disappointment in my opinion. No one on the current Moondrop products in under $200 will ever replace the Kanas Pro. If I want an upgrade of Kanas Pro. It is SoftEars Twilight or Turii.
The Dunu Falcon Ultra is pretty cool. I use it permanently with UTWS5 nowadays. Solid step up from Aria that I have here.

Aug 15, 2023 at 2:02 AM Post #84,996 of 103,503
Agree with you rayliam80 about KZ's releases...........but their dramas every now and then is preposterous.

My last KZ was DQ6 original and it was the worst IEM I've ever bought.

I only have one IEM now (Tripowin Olina SE) which I bought last year during 11.11 sale and I use it with TRI Clarion and Hiby R2 II and I have no interest in any other IEM for the time being or they are out of my league.

Aug 15, 2023 at 2:13 AM Post #84,997 of 103,503
The Dunu Falcon Ultra is pretty cool. I use it permanently with UTWS5 nowadays. Solid step up from Aria that I have here.
I have trust on Dunu products as I rarely encounter any issues from them based on the feedbacks in audio community.

Aug 15, 2023 at 3:35 AM Post #84,999 of 103,503
Now available the newest Juzears Clear. From the makers of the most excellent 41t
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrPSFai

$49 or $75 with the amazing cable from the 41t

Here is a $6 promo code for your guys and gals ❤️ 89H0FM2Q9ISZ

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrPSFai

I was kindly sent this set to provide some impressions and I'll post these later. The tonality is not what I would normally go for but overall it's a good, warm W-V shape set with a generous pinna and upper midrange that balances out a hulking low end. For my tastes it definitely needs to be paired with a better cable, preferably pure silver. I fed this back to the seller and advised they include the Limpid - it looks like they have provided the option to buy this at additional cost. I would definitely recommend people get that if they go for this set. I've been comparing with the qdc Superior ($90) the closest single DD I have with a similar tuning and it holds up well from the technical perspective bar it being a smoother listen due to a more generous midbass and low midrange lift. The low end is fun on this set and a mile away from the leaner, brighter tunings from competitors like Simgot. More choice for everyone! Give this set a go if you like pop / electronic / trance / DnB etc, it's thumpy, snappy fun with good techs!

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 3:52 AM Post #85,000 of 103,503
I have trust on Dunu products as I rarely encounter any issues from them based on the feedbacks in audio community.
on another note, how are first impressions of dufu?

Aug 15, 2023 at 4:21 AM Post #85,001 of 103,503
on another note, how are first impressions of dufu?
Ill post my impressions later tonight. I need to finish my CVJ Nami review today.

Aug 15, 2023 at 4:49 AM Post #85,002 of 103,503
New earbud coming from FIIO.

Fiio FF1
+ Expected launch 18th August
+ 14.2mm Berrylium driver
+ Bass response up to 134Hz

FB_IMG_1692089199860.jpg

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #85,004 of 103,503

Users who are viewing this thread

Back