The discovery thread!
Jul 17, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #83,296 of 100,535
One of the most respected young European audiophile headphone brands from Romania. Very distinctive and beautiful design, workmanship exclusively from premium materials. If you want to enjoy:
https://mezeaudio.eu/
I'm aware of who Meze are. It's worth noting I'm referring to one single model from them.

Jul 17, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #83,298 of 100,535
DAC dongle portability & battery drainage practical patch:

-MagSafe or similar strong mobile
wireless powerbank to hold a
thin iron plate to make a bulk that connects modile battery and dongle.
IMG_9146.jpeg
IMG_9145.jpeg

-one touch detachable
IMG_9148.jpeg

From the top:
IMG_9147.jpeg

Jul 17, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #83,299 of 100,535
DAC dongle portability & battery drainage practical patch:

-MagSafe or similar strong mobile
wireless powerbank to hold a
thin iron plate to make a bulk that connects modile battery and dongle.
IMG_9146.jpegIMG_9145.jpeg

-one touch detachable
IMG_9148.jpeg

From the top:
IMG_9147.jpeg

It's ALIVE!
The FrankenDAP Monster!

Jul 17, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #83,300 of 100,535
Jul 17, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #83,301 of 100,535
As an Advar owner I have this arriving tomorrow will be comparing this $40 brother from another mother
Very fun experiment, doubt it will be anything alike. Still a very bold move to make it look the same, or rude.

On another note.
Tried today to also finish a small review for IMR BC2023, ended up becoming long so will probably take some days more 🤣
Had this for 5 months but had problems with fit and even tuning, tip rolling and its okay now. Very full on sound, great for metal or rock.

DSCF3068.jpg

Jul 17, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #83,302 of 100,535
The IMR BC 2023 is special! IMO It deserves all the attention it gets!
Very fun experiment, doubt it will be anything alike. Still a very bold move to make it look the same, or rude.

On another note.
Tried today to also finish a small review for IMR BC2023, ended up becoming long so will probably take some days more 🤣
Had this for 5 months but had problems with fit and even tuning, tip rolling and its okay now. Very full on sound, great for metal or rock.

DSCF3068.jpg

Jul 17, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #83,303 of 100,535
The IMR BC 2023 is special! IMO It deserves all the attention it gets!
Its a little to hot for me in the upper mids, but still within my treshold.
Rock or metal music have such a great energetic sound, it is also so large and spacious sounding.

And live recordings with already a large stage is mindblowing.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #83,304 of 100,535
Its a little to hot for me in the upper mids, but still within my treshold.
Rock or metal music have such a great energetic sound, it is also so large and spacious sounding.

And live recordings with already a large stage is mindblowing.
Yes, a push in the mids and a push in the lows! Still trying it with the Bass cable was divine?

Jul 17, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #83,305 of 100,535
Been looking at iems from BGVP, Toneking and some others i didnt had heard of before. BGVP does pack alot of BA in their iem for a low price. Like their NS10 model. 1DD + 9 BA for 200 USD or something. Unknown iem like that makes me curious. I had added 5 different iem for 699USD total from linsoul in cart but just managed to stop myself :D

Jul 17, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #83,306 of 100,535
Been looking at iems from BGVP, Toneking and some others i didnt had heard of before. BGVP does pack alot of BA in their iem for a low price. Like their NS10 model. 1DD + 9 BA for 200 USD or something. Unknown iem like that makes me curious. I had added 5 different iem for 699USD total from linsoul in cart but just managed to stop myself :D
$5-600 will get you some really nice stuff, especially used. You're much better off putting it all in one place rather than a bunch of "maybes" spread around.

Jul 17, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #83,307 of 100,535
$700 can get you some pretty sweet stuffs that have staying power. I think some AuR and Sound Rhyme are in that bracket.

If I were to buy random stuffs to discover, I would go to aliexpress. Linsoul stuffs are pretty “mainstream”, IMHO. If they are not mentioned here, it’s likely that they are not good or not special.

Jul 17, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #83,309 of 100,535
$700 can get you some pretty sweet stuffs that have staying power. I think some AuR and Sound Rhyme are in that bracket.

If I were to buy random stuffs to discover, I would go to aliexpress. Linsoul stuffs are pretty “mainstream”, IMHO. If they are not mentioned here, it’s likely that they are not good or not special.
Are we sure that all the good stuff are known to us? or its just their marketing that they send their stuff to reviewers and we get to know their brand name. It could be some brands out there that makes really good stuff, but dont know how to market them?

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #83,310 of 100,535
Are we sure that all the good stuff are known to us? or its just their marketing that they send their stuff to reviewers and we get to know their brand name. It could be some brands out there that makes really good stuff, but dont know how to market them?

Of course we don't know. For real discovery, I think going to Aliexpress and trying some IEMs with poorly translated description is the best bet. I'm still curious about GS Audio, but their tuning seems messy.

I like to look at Linsoul store when I have nothing to do (yes, I have no life), and I found that most unpopular IEMs there are not popular for a reason. Some of the IEMs made me say "yeah, good luck selling that for that price." If an item is from a well known company (yes, I even consider CJV or or similar) that is no longer mentioned, safe to guess that it is not a good "discovery".

My next discovery is Kinera. Fingercrossed that they don't suck, since I haven't seen the graph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back