The discovery thread!
Jul 13, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #83,041 of 100,551
Just tried MeetAlice with w/ Quartet, good synergy 👍 I tired both MeetAlice (3.5mm ver and 4.4mm) and prefer 3.5mm over 4.4mm.
I’ve a MMCX/3.5 and I really like it with my 634ears flagship 🤭

Jul 13, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #83,042 of 100,551
JCally AP20 came today:
20230713_172440.jpg

AP20 is essentially AP10 with 750-mAh battery, only $10 more, and I purchased it slightly under $50 before the recent summer sale.

With the size larger than a small DAP (Tempotec V1), AP20 feels more of a specialty item. For me, one of the useful applications is that it can work with V1A, unlike most of other DACs due to a very weak V1A battery.

AP20 definitely sounds a bit less to me than my favourire s 2xCS 43131-based Tanchjim Space, Tempotec BHD pro and E44, but not that far feeling more midcentric (or less extended on both ends) less refined, and less spacious than Space.

Projected power consumption is in line with 7-8 hours on internal battery saving phone battery and being more compact solution than any external battery - the main intended use of AP20.

Similarly to AP10, lack of independent volume control is very limiting. Curiously, AP20 is recognized by iBasso software, so at least the volume control can be used from there.

More impressions to follow, I will see if it can justify a short review.

P. S. On another note, I think I reached some limit, where new DACs "can teach" me something new :)

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #83,043 of 100,551
I'm loving and getting mesmerized every day with my new toys, the Fan 2 and the 41T, but...will you guys be mad at me if I say that I'm really thinking on selling my Penon Fan 2 after a week of use, unless something drastically changes?!

I'm saying this due to its fit and lack of comfort. I've tried multiple tips and sizes (H570, Whizzer ET100, Azla Sedna Light, Whizzer SS20), and the best until now were the ET100 but still after half an hour or so, my ears start to hurt.

The only position I can wear them is in an awkward diagonal position...

And about the cable, probably I am also being too nitpick, because I find it too susceptible of damage throughout usage next to the connectors, when it goes around the hear., I'm afraid it bends and breaks..

Anyway, I love how they look and sound, but honestly I don't think the Juzear 41T loses the battle against the Fan 2, because to my untrained ears both sound great, and the 41T to me seem to have more soundstage and layering, especially when using them with this cable I bought from this Asuka Audio seller on Idlefish, it looks and sounds so much better than the stock cable.
7132074.JPG
7132076.JPG

Jul 13, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #83,044 of 100,551
I'm loving and getting mesmerized every day with my new toys, the Fan 2 and the 41T, but...will you guys be mad at me if I say that I'm really thinking on selling my Penon Fan 2 after a week of use, unless something drastically changes?!

I'm saying this due to its fit and lack of comfort. I've tried multiple tips and sizes (H570, Whizzer ET100, Azla Sedna Light, Whizzer SS20), and the best until now were the ET100 but still after half an hour or so, my ears start to hurt.

And about the cable, probably I am also being too nitpick, because I find it too susceptible of damage throughout usage next to the connectors, when it goes around the hear., I'm afraid it bends and breaks..

Anyway, I love how they look and sound, but honestly I don't think the Juzear 41T loses the battle against the Fan 2, because to my untrained ears both sound great, and the 41T to me seem to have more soundstage and layering, especially when using them with this cable I bought from this Asuka Audio seller on Idlefish, it looks and sounds so much better than the stock cable.7132074.JPG7132076.JPG
A lot of people have problems with the fit and comfort of the Fan 2. Which is why Penon had to discount it deeply twice to get rid of stock.

Why would anyone be mad at you for an IEM that doesn't fit your ears? Why would you care about what total strangers on a forum think about you anyway? If an IEM or headphone doesn't fit your ears or your preference, then sell it or gift it.

Jul 13, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #83,045 of 100,551
JCally AP20 came today:

AP20 is essentially AP10 with 750-mAh battery, only $10 more, and I got it slightly under $50 before the recent summer sale.

With the size larger than a small DAP (Tempotec V1), AP20 feels more of a specialty item, fir me it can work with V1A, unlike most of other DACs due to a very weak V1A battery.

AP20 definitely sounds a bit less to me than similarly 2xCS 43131-basedTanchjim Space, Tempotec BHD pro and E44, but not that far feeling more midcentric (or less extended on both ends) less refined, and less spacious than Space.

Projected power consumption is in line with 7-8 hours on internal battery saving phone battery and being more compact solution than any external battery - the main intended use of AP20.

More impressions to follow, I will see if it will justifies a short review.
A lot of people have problems with the fit and comfort of the Fan 2. Which is why Penon had to discount it deeply twice to get rid of stock.

Why would anyone be mad at you for an IEM that doesn't fit your ears? Why would you care about what total strangers on a forum think about you anyway? If an IEM or headphone doesn't fit your ears or your preference, then sell it or gift it.

Yeap, **** what we think buddy!

Jul 13, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #83,046 of 100,551

Anyway, I love how they look and sound, but honestly I don't think the Juzear 41T loses the battle against the Fan 2, because to my untrained ears both sound great, and the 41T to me seem to have more soundstage and layering, especially when using them with this cable I bought from this Asuka Audio seller on Idlefish, it looks and sounds so much better than the stock cable.7132074.JPG7132076.JPG
Nice cable, make the 41t precious.

Contact me if you decided to sell the fan2 (im from spain) 😜

Jul 13, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #83,047 of 100,551
I have been enjoying this combo A LOT in the last few days:

1689271706513.png

Noble Audio's awesome Stage 3 IEMs, paired with iFi GO Pod.
iFi providing THE BEST Bluetooth I ever heard (using LDAC connection to my Samsung phone), and Noble's Stage 3 provides this fun thick sound.
This combo is NOT for treble heads, or for people that are looking for maximum details / accuracy. This combo is for people that just want a fun, relaxing and enjoyable musical experience while running chores or unwinding after a long day :beerchug:
I am sure the experience would change when attaching a colder or more clinical IEM, but I do not want to disconnect the Stage 3, so that will have to wait :laughing:

Thank you @Noble Audio and @iFi audio for creating those amazing products :pray:

BTW, list price for this combo is $1000 (Stage 3 is $600, GO Pods are $400).
Someone needs to tell the design team that those look like an Obs/Gyn meme! :astonished:

Jul 13, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #83,048 of 100,551

Anyway, I love how they look and sound, but honestly I don't think the Juzear 41T loses the battle against the Fan 2, because to my untrained ears both sound great, and the 41T to me seem to have more soundstage and layering, especially when using them with this cable I bought from this Asuka Audio seller on Idlefish, it looks and sounds so much better than the stock cable.
The F2 just has a funny angle to the nozzles for some it just doesn't ever get comply.
For something simular try the Sound Rhyme SR5 energy wise, misses the MB slap that is so addictive on the F2. The ISN Neo5 was also a real banger I liked.

Love the Juzears one of my dailies great choice!

Jul 13, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #83,050 of 100,551
I just got my ie200 in and I'm surprised by how comfortable they are. I was expecting more of the same of the ie600. But maybe those 2 grams make a difference when 2g means 33% lighter. Maybe it's the texture of the plastic vs metal as well.
As Head-fi`s local peasant. I cant afford ie600. So i bought ie200 and i whole heartily agree with you. I sometimes sleep with them and i dont even notice that i am wearing them. The most comfortable iem i have ever tried. The sound isnt bad either. I actually have started to really like them.

Jul 13, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #83,051 of 100,551
Hmm…🤔

I might just need to magic tape the dongle…

After trying that DD hifi splitter with several power source, I come to the conclusion “taking sound directly from lightning sounds better“ The splitter does add power but somehow blurs the timbre😅

But still I need to spare battery for the sake of apple’s poor battery implementation, the wireless charging magsafe powerbank serves the roll.

IMG_8976.jpeg

Jul 13, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #83,052 of 100,551
Yeah I know that they connected to Tinhifi, I did a review on their Wave before. I don't really expect a good technical performance, but its tonality sounds decent enough.
Tone is nice, and they ARE built well and look good. Cheers!

Jul 13, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #83,053 of 100,551
I just got my ie200 in and I'm surprised by how comfortable they are. I was expecting more of the same of the ie600. But maybe those 2 grams make a difference when 2g means 33% lighter. Maybe it's the texture of the plastic vs metal as well.
agree…

lightness > premium feeling material

I like my HD560S over HD650 not because SQ is better, but because HD560S is lighter due to its plastic housing😄

Jul 13, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #83,054 of 100,551

Even with half of the price, it is not easy to justify it is price. Lot of IEMs available for around the same price. The competition is tough right now. You can get a Xenns Tea 2 under 200 USD, which is more bargain IMHO.

Jul 13, 2023 at 11:47 PM Post #83,055 of 100,551
Even with half of the price, it is not easy to justify it is price. Lot of IEMs available for around the same price. The competition is tough right now. You can get a Xenns Tea 2 under 200 USD, which is more bargain IMHO.
I know the Tea 2 is highly revered but it always seemed a bit overpriced.
Even at the $200 tier, competition is fierce.
I think I remember reading that it doesn't have the best technicalities, so what would you say makes it special [especially these days]?
I really like 3D, immersive, holographic sound stage. Does it have that? That would certainly pique my interest.
The way that Fan 2 presents music is very nice but am wondering how these [Tea 2/Fan 2] would stack up against each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back