The discovery thread!
Jul 5, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #82,411 of 101,495
So, there are two flaoting ground devices trending for portable audio community in Japan.

Studio Mijinko’s Silver harmonizer :
IMG_8691.jpeg
IMG_8692.jpeg
IMG_8694.jpeg
IMG_8695.jpeg

and ”Crystal Ep”

IMG_8693.jpeg

I want to try it out myself but unfortunately they don’t deal with international orders, moreover it’s sold out😅

So I looked to find some alternatives,

found this one on Aliexpress
High Quality HiFi Audio Cable Ground Loop Noise Isolator GND Black Hole Eliminate Static Electricity Power Purifier Electronic
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqlkExA

Asking the store if they can offer 3.5mm and 4.4mm finish.

Looks like a dynamite 🧨? Heck ya🤣

Nvm I found 3.5mm one👏
HiFi Audio Cable Ground Loop Noise Isolator GND Electron Black Hole Eliminate Static Electricity Power Purifier Electronic
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNnz5lA

Found a better looking one with flexibility in choosing whatever interconnecting cables.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m06qusg

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #82,412 of 101,495
Sr7 from soundrhyme? and p8 from?

Il look into some reviews of them. Thanks for recommendations :D
p5 s big brother. haha

if you don't have a problem with customs, the audiosense aq 7pro sometimes drops from $500 to $280. They are trying to finish stock. i ordered the t 800, which was 435$ with a tax, for only $200. it is currently on sale.

Jul 5, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #82,413 of 101,495
IMG_4712.jpeg

Finally I try the Shozy B2 coupled with RU7.

I don't know if they are worth more than 400USD, but they are certainly worth more than the 99USD I paid for them.

I mounted the copper filters (just to stay LOW 😂) and I put RU7 in DSD256 resampling mode
(therefore sound less warm, since the IEMs are already warm).

IEMs are very small and comfortable to wear.

Well what to say: I like how they sound immediately, without burn-in.

They have a very authoritative sound, tending toward warm.
They have a head-splitting rumble bass, clearly DD type bass.
(so enjoyment if you like that kind of bass).

From the height of my incompetence, I can say that the only thing that annoys me a bit is a certain 'confusion' that I hear in the sound, I can't quite describe what I mean by confusion, as if the sound had a certain 'shake' ' and was at times uncertain.

It may be just an impression, I still have to get used to their sound and I still have to break them in.
(I come from days of listening to the S12 PROs, which split hair in four).

About RU7 there is not much to say:
it sounds great, but consumes like a sponge
(especially in DSD256).

My favorite sound is with the DSD64 setting.

The sonic signature changes noticeably between DSD64, 128 and 256 (these are not 'fake' settings), from warm to bright.

I am excited by the idea of having in my hands a 1-bit DAC built with discrete components (don't try to understand this emotion, it's nerd stuff).

I don't have TOTL DACs to compare (my best are IFI Gryphon and SIGNATURE), but I have to say that the sound quality level of these new dongles is amazing.

As a negative aspect that I can report is a sort of uncertainty in the USB connection: there is something that does not work as it should in my opinion.

With iPhone and ROON, after listening to a certain number of tracks, the player stops, and I have to close and reopen the app if I want to continue listening to my beloved music.

On DELL PC (always with ROON), if I don't use a USB C to C cable (therefore no USB C to A), there are crackles on the sound, a sign of disturbances on the transmission.
There is no way to play DSD files correctly.

Changing PC (specifically a gaming MSI), things go a little better, but they are still there
some strange uncertainties.

Keep in mind that with the same hardware and USB cables (even not of high quality), with the IFI DACs and dongles everything works wonderfully and stably for hours, month after month.

Another problem I have (always with iPhone) is a certain lack of 'separation' between system sounds and ROON audio.
In essence, the audio is 'disturbed' by events (for example notifications) or by actions that I perform while listening.
Again: with IFI DACs none of this happens.

I don't know how to explain these anomalies.

In conclusion, I can say that the quality level, available today by spending relatively low amounts, is stellar.
(in the 70s/80s, when I started to get interested, we dreamed of listening like this).

Sorry for the long chat here about discovery (maybe a bit inappropriate), but I reported my impressions hoping that they can be of help to someone interested in the devices mentioned, and also hoping for some advice from someone of you regarding the 'anomalies' I encounter with RU7.

Jul 5, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #82,414 of 101,495
mission completed 7 / 10 !

there were about 27 iems, my aim was to reduce the number to 7 ( now 5 ) and I got pretty close to my aims. I sold a few and gifted most of them to my friends. i have the following;

blon bl 03; it's not going anywhere, it's a legend and my favorite iems

audiosense t800; my endgame for models with balanced drive for me, it's not going anywhere

audiosense dt300; i will say goodbye after flo bluelover arrives

whizzer os 1 beat; i will say goodbye

flo bluelover; in the cargo, I think I'll hold it in my hand

whizzer kylin he 10; fiio jd 7 will come instead of he 10, sorry

flo lily; time to say goodbye

zhulinniao z2; very good for daily use, seems to stay with me for a while

hybrid; i want to fill it with sound rhyme sr 7

planar; i'm thinking of keeping a planar model, i have an s 12 pro on order.

for vocal; bl 03 was my favorite so far, today I heard very good advice on this topic. olina se can come or p1 max. maybe momentum

i reduced the number of amps to only one, which is f audio ks 01. There is an unopened btr5k that is on the for sale list. So I bid farewell to that option as well. there is no order until i switch to a reference model, except for the review products ( + iems ).

my new goal is just 5 iems and 1 dacs.

for vocals; ?
hybrid; sr 7
ba; t800
daily dd; jd 7
totl; there is more time for this but why not sr 8? like totl

dacs; any product of midhifi level, i want to prefer fiio or ibasso instead of chifi here

i ve gotten rid of a lot of iems and dacs in the last few days. simplicity is really good, i started this last month by cutting orders under $100. it works!

Jul 5, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #82,415 of 101,495
IMG_4712.jpeg

Finally I try the Shozy B2 coupled with RU7.

I don't know if they are worth more than 400USD, but they are certainly worth more than the 99USD I paid for them.

I mounted the copper filters (just to stay LOW 😂) and I put RU7 in DSD256 resampling mode
(therefore sound less warm, since the IEMs are already warm).

IEMs are very small and comfortable to wear.

Well what to say: I like how they sound immediately, without burn-in.

They have a very authoritative sound, tending toward warm.
They have a head-splitting rumble bass, clearly DD type bass.
(so enjoyment if you like that kind of bass).

From the height of my incompetence, I can say that the only thing that annoys me a bit is a certain 'confusion' that I hear in the sound, I can't quite describe what I mean by confusion, as if the sound had a certain 'shake' ' and was at times uncertain.

It may be just an impression, I still have to get used to their sound and I still have to break them in.
(I come from days of listening to the S12 PROs, which split hair in four).

About RU7 there is not much to say:
it sounds great, but consumes like a sponge
(especially in DSD256).

My favorite sound is with the DSD64 setting.

The sonic signature changes noticeably between DSD64, 128 and 256 (these are not 'fake' settings), from warm to bright.

I am excited by the idea of having in my hands a 1-bit DAC built with discrete components (don't try to understand this emotion, it's nerd stuff).

I don't have TOTL DACs to compare (my best are IFI Gryphon and SIGNATURE), but I have to say that the sound quality level of these new dongles is amazing.

As a negative aspect that I can report is a sort of uncertainty in the USB connection: there is something that does not work as it should in my opinion.

With iPhone and ROON, after listening to a certain number of tracks, the player stops, and I have to close and reopen the app if I want to continue listening to my beloved music.

On DELL PC (always with ROON), if I don't use a USB C to C cable (therefore no USB C to A), there are crackles on the sound, a sign of disturbances on the transmission.
There is no way to play DSD files correctly.

Changing PC (specifically a gaming MSI), things go a little better, but they are still there
some strange uncertainties.

Keep in mind that with the same hardware and USB cables (even not of high quality), with the IFI DACs and dongles everything works wonderfully and stably for hours, month after month.

Another problem I have (always with iPhone) is a certain lack of 'separation' between system sounds and ROON audio.
In essence, the audio is 'disturbed' by events (for example notifications) or by actions that I perform while listening.
Again: with IFI DACs none of this happens.

I don't know how to explain these anomalies.

In conclusion, I can say that the quality level, available today by spending relatively low amounts, is stellar.
(in the 70s/80s, when I started to get interested, we dreamed of listening like this).

Sorry for the long chat here about discovery (maybe a bit inappropriate), but I reported my impressions hoping that they can be of help to someone interested in the devices mentioned, and also hoping for some advice from someone of you regarding the 'anomalies' I encounter with RU7.
The B2 is a very L shaped tuning meaning it gets its warm tonality comes from the big mid bass it has. Highly recommend trying out a cheaper pure silver cable on them to bring out their best qualities. NiceHCK, KBEAR and XinHS all carry a good quality cheaper pure silver cable and will make the B2 sound better balanced and will help balance its tonal qualities to be a bit less warm.

Jul 5, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #82,416 of 101,495
mission completed 7 / 10 !

there were about 27 iems, my aim was to reduce the number to 7 ( now 5 ) and I got pretty close to my aims. I sold a few and gifted most of them to my friends. i have the following;

blon bl 03; it's not going anywhere, it's a legend and my favorite iems

audiosense t800; my endgame for models with balanced drive for me, it's not going anywhere

audiosense dt300; i will say goodbye after flo bluelover arrives

whizzer os 1 beat; i will say goodbye

flo bluelover; in the cargo, I think I'll hold it in my hand

whizzer kylin he 10; fiio jd 7 will come instead of he 10, sorry

flo lily; time to say goodbye

zhulinniao z2; very good for daily use, seems to stay with me for a while

hybrid; i want to fill it with sound rhyme sr 7

planar; i'm thinking of keeping a planar model, i have an s 12 pro on order.

for vocal; bl 03 was my favorite so far, today I heard very good advice on this topic. olina se can come or p1 max. maybe momentum

i reduced the number of amps to only one, which is f audio ks 01. There is an unopened btr5k that is on the for sale list. So I bid farewell to that option as well. there is no order until i switch to a reference model, except for the review products ( + iems ).

my new goal is just 5 iems and 1 dacs.

for vocals; ?
hybrid; sr 7
ba; t800
daily dd; jd 7
totl; there is more time for this but why not sr 8? like totl

dacs; any product of midhifi level, i want to prefer fiio or ibasso instead of chifi here

i ve gotten rid of a lot of iems and dacs in the last few days. simplicity is really good, i started this last month by cutting orders under $100. it works!

Is this the one?

You said your end game BA headset. I thought end game iem was those expensive iem from noble, audio 64 and so on?

Jul 5, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #82,417 of 101,495
but i am very curious on how iem with wide stage and very good resolution sound like.
Hmmm for soundstage I recommend earbuds or headphones vs IEMs since it's like this...

$1000+ Headphone soundstage = 10/10
$300 headphone soundstage = 8
$300 Earbud soundstage = 7
$1500 Z1R IEM soundstage = 6
$2000 U12t IEM soundstage = 5
$500 EJ07M/Monarch IEM soundstage = 4

But for resolution IEMs are king... But $300 earbuds are also really close imo

But yeah for resolution you want a good all-BA IEM and unfortunately I can't think of a good all-BA under like $1000 lol 😅

Jul 5, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #82,418 of 101,495
Is this the one?

You said your end game BA headset. I thought end game iem was those expensive iem from noble, audio 64 and so on?
the link is not working. endgame for me, the t 800 is a midrange product. Of course it's not top level, just for me because I don't want to order an expensive balanced driver model.

Jul 5, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #82,420 of 101,495
But yeah for resolution you want a good all-BA IEM and unfortunately I can't think of a good all-BA under like $1000 lol 😅
Sound Rhyme SR8 or Aur Audio Neon Pro, both $750

[Edit] Nevermind: he wanted below $500 :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #82,421 of 101,495
Black Soul is an excellent cable. I have one on my Timeless and one on my Legato.
I bought a pair for my Timeless OG but didn't like the pairing... Made it "dull". For the Timeless my choice still goes for the NiceHCK Superblue. It's an amazing cable

Jul 5, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #82,422 of 101,495
They have a lot of big claims about the malpractice of other “big brands” in the marketing material.

2D47AD93-14E0-436B-AE37-6F9A9228F4AA.jpeg

*slap on 12dB ear gain*

*treble falls off the cliff in after 12kHz*

*show an ancient (and irrelevant) Audio Technica IEM as comparison*

*claim superior tuning*

Who runs the marketing program of this brand to creates and maintains such “confident” image (without substance) is beyond me. When they (finally) figure out the tuning (a little bit), others have already moved on to conquer the technical performance of the $1000.

I'll let others board this latest hype train wreck.

Jul 5, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #82,423 of 101,495
So, there are two flaoting ground devices trending for portable audio community in Japan.

Studio Mijinko’s Silver harmonizer :IMG_8691.jpegIMG_8692.jpegIMG_8694.jpegIMG_8695.jpeg

and ”Crystal Ep”

IMG_8693.jpeg

I want to try it out myself but unfortunately they don’t deal with international orders, moreover it’s sold out😅

So I looked to find some alternatives,

found this one on Aliexpress
High Quality HiFi Audio Cable Ground Loop Noise Isolator GND Black Hole Eliminate Static Electricity Power Purifier Electronic
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqlkExA

Asking the store if they can offer 3.5mm and 4.4mm finish.

Looks like a dynamite 🧨? Heck ya🤣

Nvm I found 3.5mm one👏
HiFi Audio Cable Ground Loop Noise Isolator GND Electron Black Hole Eliminate Static Electricity Power Purifier Electronic
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNnz5lA

Found a better looking one with flexibility in choosing whatever interconnecting cables.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m06qusg

Maybe I'll get one of those and plug it into my laptop's headphone jack. I'm not using it anyway and my USB cable might appreciate it.

Jul 5, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #82,424 of 101,495
Got my Hi-Fri Aphex delivered. V shaped fun, not market breaker but prove that he can come up with something interesting in the future. V shaped sound with basshead amount of low end(depends of course who you are). Can tell more when I have had more time with it.

DSCF2984.jpg

DSCF2976.jpg

DSCF2982.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back