The discovery thread!
May 14, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #78,797 of 103,533
May 14, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #78,798 of 103,533
I wish your entire country the earliest possible victory over the inhuman aggressor and the least possible suffering for your brave people. And to you personally at least 100 guardian angels.
Thanks a lot!

May 14, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #78,799 of 103,533
Anyone know anything about Chinese manufacture D&R Dream Rabbit? Only sales through AliExpres. All I can find is they’ve been around since about 2017 and have produced a few clone sets. Quite expensive stuff. Had an interesting recommendation about a couple of their sets. never heard of them. Wondering if anyone had any experience of them or knew any details. Cheers.

May 14, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #78,800 of 103,533
I tried the waners that I was very curious about. I think they're overrated. Yes, they are very suitable and balanced for everyday life, but they did not impress me.
Indeed. I think it lacks mids density and notes miss some % definition

I cant complain about the bass though. Amped is pure bass bliss. Unfortunately other frequencies are meh

May 14, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #78,802 of 103,533
May 14, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #78,803 of 103,533
If u have to pick one... wich one?

Im more on bass-relaxed side, and the FR of the juzear seems to be pretty unique.

The cable, seems to be better made. Also the shell seems to have nice build.
Today is a second day when I listen to 41T and I can say SR5 is better in all aspects. Amazing SQ and technicalities for the price.

May 14, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #78,804 of 103,533
Indeed. I think it lacks mids density and notes miss some % definition

I cant complain about the bass though. Amped is pure bass bliss. Unfortunately other frequencies are meh
I can still cancel the order, would you recommend in general? I only paid 35 euros.

May 14, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #78,805 of 103,533
It's a spiritual and technical upgrade from the BL03. In all ways. I've never heard the Mele, so someone else will need to chime in? The entire ficus on the Z300 is to upgrade the BL03, and it was achieved.
Thanks for reply. I see Mele as a sidegrade rather than a true upgrade over BL-03, but both sets give me a lot of fun and now have a permanent place in my collection. Mele has nice subbas with better transition from bass to mids and well executed pinna gain, but it lacks top extension. BLON has really good and thumpy midbass, better top extension and really enjoyable tone and timbre, but midbass bleed is present and upper mids/top aren't so smooth. I'll probably have a new IEM soon. :wink:

May 14, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #78,806 of 103,533
This weekend was quite a busy one. In India it's super hot as of now, temp might be reaching somewhere around 40+ Celsius during the daytime. But i managed to complete two shoots this weekend, first I shot the review for the R6 Pro II, it's a beautiful device with outstanding sound output. It's clean and has a signature AKM sound with a wide soundstage.
R6 pro 2.jpg

Secondly, I also finished a shoot for the R2R Dongle comparison where I compared HiBy FC6 & Cayin RU6. Will edit them soon and post them. Right now, it's time I enjoy a good time with the Kublai Khan that a friend of mine sent me for an audition. My recently acquired FC6 has got amazing Vocals. The Timbre and Tonality of this beautiful DAC/AMP is simply amazing, RU6 on the other hand sounds bigger and has more output power.
FC6 vs RU6.jpg

May 14, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #78,807 of 103,533
I remember seeing a soul earphone one time at my local Radio Shack for $99.99, that Radio Shack location closed like 8 years ago.

Can't remember the year, I think it was back in 2010, maybe 2011.

Back then, I thought paying 100 bucks for an earbud was a luxury.
They actually sounded really good, with amazing bass quality and quantity, but as was the case with most of the SOUL brand, the QC was atrocious, and they stopped working. I never went back, because interestingly enough, it was right after the SOUL went bad that I decided to check out headfi....THE REST IS HISTORY LOL Thousands of dollars and hundreds of rabbit holes later!

May 14, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #78,808 of 103,533
Raptgo Bridge is very energetic, aggressive in the mid-highs, according to HBB. Hype fail or will a mouthpiece filter do the trick? Let's wait if a new version with retuning will come out in 2 months 🤣🤣

Same „energetic and aggressive” as his „retuned” versions of Raptgo HOOK X and KZ PR…this guy is a joke.

Attachments

• IMG_0046.png
    IMG_0046.png
    251.1 KB · Views: 0
May 14, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #78,809 of 103,533
Do you think it's possible to design a 3-way 1DD+2BA with a crossover that phase aligns the 3 drivers so perfectly that you'd be looking them through a microscope to see any misalignment while also favoring allpass filters for phase alignment rather than reverse polarity wiring so you don't mess the imaging from any driver... And still get complaints about it that have nothing to do with the overall tuning itself?

May 14, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #78,810 of 103,533
Today is a second day when I listen to 41T and I can say SR5 is better in all aspects. Amazing SQ and technicalities for the price.
I spend yesterday evening listening to the SR5 thru my Sony A17, and yes, I really enjoyed the listening experience. Last night was the Wu Zetian, which was a completely different style of experience, but just as enjoyable. SR5 has a meatier, more authoritative bass experience than the Wu. Not even close. The Wu is about agility, and the SR5 is about punch and feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back