The discovery thread!
May 9, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #78,391 of 100,264
Why would a crossover circuit benefit a single DD IEM? :thinking:
Applying a filter to the signal may compensate for a less than ideal response from the driver. Think of it as an analogue electronic filter doing a similar job to a DSP or impedance adapter. Zobel circuits appearing in crossovers doesn't prevent them being used elsewhere.:thinking:

May 9, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #78,392 of 100,264
Don't get me started...

AliExpress is an exercise in risk management. I received a cut open empty package with missing PurpleSE at the start of April. :triportsad:

So good that NZ post delivered you an empty package. How useful... :/

I had a local parcel arrive cut open a few months ago. It was just a pair of mtb shorts though which weren't apparently valuable enough to steal.

AE certainly is an exercise in risk management. It's only really viable if you have the time, patience and tenacity to monitor your orders studiously. I wouldn't want to use it in a country where consumer laws were less robust.

May 9, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #78,393 of 100,264
As an ex-game producer, that Tangzu’s promo photo is seriosly damaging my brain.

Change the font color of
S######D
Less
ENJOY
MORE
Already…

If they want to keep use the color green and red, those color should generally associated with “verb” , Enjoy should be green, and that negative word “stressed?” Should be red.

As a photographer and someone that has dabbled in design that entire picture is making me sad and angry.

They're lucky i'm really interested in cheap bullets at the moment.

Last edited:
May 9, 2023 at 7:26 AM Post #78,394 of 100,264
I haven’t even started my review EW100P :rolling_eyes:

Got to try PR2 of @lazarian today (thanks and nice to meet you, mate!). Some key points:

• Transients are “fast”. Bass does lack a bit of “slam”, but the leading edge of bass notes are sharp, bass has good body and decay.
  • Midrange has a hint of transparency of Harman tuned. I haven’t seen the graph but I wouldn’t be surprised if it has flat lower mid and 10dB ear gain.
  • No harshness that literally hurts my head like S12.
  • Stage has depth, not just flat and wide.
  • These IEMs want power. They sound smallish with AP80 Pro X and noticeably larger in all directions with G5 acting as an amp.
Summary: Very good sound for a low price. This is what planar drivers promised. Unbelievable that KZ and HBB delivered.

Edit: oh, and that “planar timbre” is there. If you hate it on other planar IEMs, nothing changes here.
How does it compare to sets like the Dioko and other Planars tech wise?

May 9, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #78,395 of 100,264
May 9, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #78,396 of 100,264
How does it compare to sets like the Dioko and other Planars tech wise?
Graph is half the battle, but this might help abit
graph (7).png

May 9, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #78,397 of 100,264
I haven’t even started my review EW100P :rolling_eyes:

Got to try PR2 of @lazarian today (thanks and nice to meet you, mate!). Some key points:

• Transients are “fast”. Bass does lack a bit of “slam”, but the leading edge of bass notes are sharp, bass has good body and decay.
  • Midrange has a hint of transparency of Harman tuned. I haven’t seen the graph but I wouldn’t be surprised if it has flat lower mid and 10dB ear gain.
  • No harshness that literally hurts my head like S12.
  • Stage has depth, not just flat and wide.
  • These IEMs want power. They sound smallish with AP80 Pro X and noticeably larger in all directions with G5 acting as an amp.
Summary: Very good sound for a low price. This is what planar drivers promised. Unbelievable that KZ and HBB delivered.

Edit: oh, and that “planar timbre” is there. If you hate it on other planar IEMs, nothing changes here.
Thanks for pour feedback.

How do you feel voices, on PR2 ?
For me they are backward, wich is, for me, the only negative point, for this price.

May 9, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #78,398 of 100,264
Why would a crossover circuit benefit a single DD IEM? :thinking:
Maybe DAC type of utilization as to retune DD without physical acoustic dampening?

May 9, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #78,399 of 100,264

May 9, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #78,400 of 100,264
May 9, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #78,401 of 100,264
Here is the comical conclusion of my communication with KZ Global regarding the PR2 order of April 27. This "shut up and wait" style response was preceded by my 2 politely worded pleas for notification of the expected ship date, as they only have about 2 days left before the automatic cancellation.

Attachments

• IMG_20230509_160846.jpg
    IMG_20230509_160846.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 0
May 9, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #78,402 of 100,264
Thanks for pour feedback.

How do you feel voices, on PR2 ?
For me they are backward, wich is, for me, the only negative point, for this price.
You mean the vocal is placed at the back of your head? I don’t hear that problem; though the midrange is pushed toward listeners so I can see the vocal “overshooting” and be placed at the back of the head instead.

Another possible issue is power. I personally have only experienced that effect once, with E5000 when it was driven by Shanling UP4 on low gain (very under powered). Due to the power demand of PR2, such problem might be possible? Otherwise, nothing I can think of. It’s just a modern tuned IEM with “fast” driver.

May 9, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #78,404 of 100,264
Lol.
You mean the vocal is placed at the back of your head? I don’t hear that problem; though the midrange is pushed toward listeners so I can see the vocal “overshooting” and be placed at the back of the head instead.

Another possible issue is power. I personally have only experienced that effect once, with E5000 when it was driven by Shanling UP4 on low gain (very under powered). Due to the power demand of PR2, such problem might be possible? Otherwise, nothing I can think of. It’s just a modern tuned IEM with “fast” driver.
Sleep.

May 9, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #78,405 of 100,264
Here is the comical conclusion of my communication with KZ Global regarding the PR2 order of April 27. This "shut up and wait" style response was preceded by my 2 politely worded pleas for notification of the expected ship date, as they only have about 2 days left before the automatic cancellation.
They're most likely swamped with orders and can't handle the demand.

I'm sure KZ would gladly refund people the $30 so people can repurchase at $45.

My first and only KZ purchase ended in a defect. Not sure I'll order another KZ product again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back