The discovery thread!
Apr 13, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #76,276 of 100,541
KZ D-Fi made it after getting nearly lost in post-Easter post chaos...
20230413_084017.jpg

Nice finish on a shell, reminded me of hematite (the shell is actually non-magnetic, some nicely coated zinc alloy).

The first impression on sound are positive - energetic, clean, reminiscent of HZ Mirror with the lowest bass option, yet KZ-way :)
Switches "all on" and "all off" have a noticeable difference. One or two switches could functionally do, but 4 switches are certainly more fancy.
Amazing, what nice IEMs $30 can buy.
I will try to put together a DD comparison (Aria, HZ Mirror, LinLong, ESX, BL-03, F5) and go back to my favourite all-BAs.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #76,277 of 100,541
KZ D-Fi made it after getting nearly lost in post-Easter post chaos...
20230413_084017.jpg
Nice finish on a shell, reminded me of hematite (the shell is actually non-magnetic, some nicely coated zinc alloy).

The first impression on sound are positive - energetic, clean, reminiscent of HZ Mirror with the lowest bass option, yet KZ-way :)
Switches "all on" and "all off" have a noticeable difference. One or two switches could functionally do, but 4 switches are certainly more fancy.
Amazing, what nice IEMs $30 can buy.
I will try to put together a DD comparison (Aria, HZ Mirror, LinLong, ESX, BL-03, F5) and go back to my favourite all-BAs.
Great short OOTB!

For full-BA, FloAudio’s 6BA maybe somrthing.

Apr 13, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #76,278 of 100,541
Following up with Superbuy.

It was sloppy agent took 1 week to ship, despite the tips and fast processing extra fees I paid🤷‍♂️ However once shipped, the package arrived to superbuy’s chinese domestic hub /dispatcher.

There is an audit process set by app, and ask you that allow superbuy to open package and perform inspection for you before they ship internationally.

Here are some inspection photos, you will be prompt to approve or deny the package based on the inspection.

I’d say it’s pretty legit service👏

Actually after inspection and approval, it will be stored to superbuy storage,

you have to arrange international shipping and pay for shipping /dues.

Then click “Shipping Expert” for customs declaration /invoicing.

Wow that’s a lot of work…but even if you choose fastest delivery “I don’t need original package” the shipping charge is only $3.16😳

Hmm maybe it’s worth.
Following up with superbuy experience….

Do not chose “Fastest Delivery”

They will ship via DHL and charge $47😭😭😭😭

Nooooo! That will eat up 70% of cost saved.

Linsoul Price : $239
Taobao>Superbuy : $135 + 10 chinese domestic various charge + intl shipping ($$ ~ $47) = $202😯

If lowest shipping option is $10ish maybe you could save 33% vs worry-free large distributers.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #76,279 of 100,541
Ultimate ears is old news. Unless it slaps, it would be hard for it to compete with the ChiFi offerings of today.
They may be old news and struggling to compete with the ChiFi offerings, despite having many of the ChiFi offerings, guess what I have in my ears now.

My five year old 18+ Pro :)

Apr 13, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #76,280 of 100,541
Following up with superbuy experience….

Do not chose “Fastest Delivery”

They will ship via DHL and charge $47😭😭😭😭

Nooooo! That will eat up 70% of cost saved.

Linsoul Price : $239
Taobao>Superbuy : $135 + 10 chinese domestic various charge + intl shipping ($$ ~ $47) = $202😯

If lowest shipping option is $10ish maybe you could save 33% vs worry-free large distributers.
I'm trying CSSBuy for the first time too to buy items from Taobao, lets see how it goes (part of my items took 2 days to arrive to their warehouse).

Apr 13, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #76,281 of 100,541
DT200 and Reecho Summer 2022 arrived.

DT200 is 2BA, Summer 2022 is a single BA.

I will do a detailed walk-thru tomorrow, but just some quick notes before I fall asleep.

Summer 2022: same response to FloAudio Lily, warm neutralish when amped, very monitor like flat when thru line-out.

DT200: not like Summer 2022, it has very instrument-neutral timbre thru DAP, wow this 2BA amazed me quick a lot😳 I got it during AE anniversary sale, and it was $67😄 DT200 isn’t like Droplet‘s natural sound, but rather a neutral-ish with rounded edges, with pretty amazing resolution and the sub-bass thump is wow enough😳

My listening experience was Summer > DT200.

Summer = 🤔 not bad!

DT200 = wow really!?

Following up with DT200:

I forgot to turn off DAP with music going on with DT200 last night, so it shall have clocked well over 6 hours on her.

▶︎MRSP$149.99 (Currently $67 at Audiosense Official AE Store) highly recommended ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Spec : 14Ω /99db
2 Knowles: BASS + Full Range
Audio Grade Film Capacitor👀👍
Although Audiosense does not disclose Knowles Driver info, I asked a professional insight from Japanese startup MYLESTONE
Here is driver spec intel:
6A6A0BC7-29AF-4A6F-A114-70F5CFB6CC4D.jpeg

F9009475-1073-4034-8DD6-69D6710AD169.jpeg

▶︎As usual geek’s personal purchase out of curiosity

▶︎Ear Tip roll ended on Moondrop’s SpringTips

Timbre Impression:
Top Note: Gently focused upper mid, very clear and spot-on imaging
Middle Note: Surprisingly neutral-ish treble with great resolution and very wide visibility all the way topping the sky
Bottom Note: Deep and well-textured sub-bass, natural and high in energy

This 2BA IEM comes with “wow, this thing has got amazing timbre!” unexpectedly great timbre. Same impression which I had with See Audio Bravery.

I was curious how a 2BA would compete with bigger engine ones, and I feel comfortable that DT200 is very respectable IEM with sophisticated tuning and again I need to stress out, Softears RSV’s Treble BA like very agreeable detail articulations.

Since I haven’t tried all test tracks, it may be a bit of a premature feedback, however from current experience, I’m having a very positive one. It also has great amount of Air that to some may sound a bit emphasized when compared to a perfectly neutral target, I personal like this coloration.

Tonal Balance:
Slightly vocal-focused neutral, with slight sound imaging edge treatment, just a thin slice off from DT200 to sound harsh, so the imaging capabilities is sharp and clear.

You can see a capacitor is situated where DD supposed to sit if this was a hybrid.
592B5334-5867-45B6-BB36-AB98B44D2783.jpeg
2E97BBDE-D1B3-48D7-912C-1CDD94B3437C.jpeg
DAF10FDD-BC10-48B2-94AD-7AC3F4603222.jpeg

The tonal approach is different from U12t, as DT200 is clearly a spot-on imaging focus designed to hit 3khz vs 3khz dipping style u12t, however overall energy balance is pretty close.

Neutral with sub-bass boost may be a good phrase in describing the tonality.
DD6EB8BD-2AEC-4ABA-BFB3-8B22B8C4446C.png

Overall: For $67 price tag, oh boy….Just get and try it yourself, it’s worth it👍

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #76,282 of 100,541
Я получил свой Hiby R6 gen3 на этой неделе, и это мой первый DAP после интенсивных исследований, чтобы найти баланс между функциями и ценой.
Вот мои первые впечатления (оценка может быть 3 звезды из 5). И люди могут задаться вопросом, почему я жалуюсь на второстепенные или менее важные вещи.

ПЛОХОЕ (давайте избавимся от этого).
Сеть: вы не можете подключиться к СКРЫТОЙ беспроводной сети.

Мощность: я использовал его в течение нескольких часов (он был настроен на класс AB) с балансировкой 4,4, и батарея упала с 42% до 9%. Я подключил к зарядному устройству на 33 Вт, и на нем указано «Быстрая зарядка», полная зарядка за 8 часов. Через 3 часа он на 35% и полностью заряжен за 5 часов. Мой мобильный телефон, использующий тот же разъем для зарядки, действительно заряжается быстро.
После переключения на класс А, прослушивая более 4,4 мм в течение часа, я заметил, что устройство сильно нагревается (зимой было бы неплохо потеплеть в кармане).

Кнопки: кнопки находятся сбоку, и через некоторое время вы сможете определить, какая из них какая. НО нет кнопки изменения усиления. Это нужно сделать через Настройки-Аудио-Усиление.

НЕКОТОРЫЕ ПОЛОЖИТЕЛЬНЫЕ:
КАЧЕСТВО ЗВУКА: для меня все нормально (перешел с класса AB на класс A) по сравнению с моим мобильным телефоном (Redmi Note 11 с AkLIAM PD4). IEM, который я использовал, — это Tangzu WAN ER SG 2022 с кабелем QKZ Q1 Max (также тестировался с Moondrop KATO, но это еще одно разочарование, потому что кабель имеет только 3,5-мм односторонний разъем).

ДОБРО:
Качество сборки хорошее, он тяжелый и прочный, экран яркий, но может «затемняться» при изменении настроек батареи на темный режим и при низком заряде батареи в безопасный режим (обычная функция Android).
Экран отзывчив при прокрутке списка альбомов, но обложки всегда будут загружаться новыми.
В разделе «Настройки» — «Аудио» вы найдете множество хороших опций, таких как «Плагины» и «MSEB» (онлайн-версии работают только при подключении к Интернету, я проверю и посмотрю, смогу ли я сохранить их локально)

Буду ли я его использовать? скорее всего, но надо проверить еще с емсами и наушниками.
Купил бы я его снова? НЕТ.

Список песен:
- Дайте волю лучникам - Apex - Awaikening.flac
- Annie Lenox - Diva - Легенда в моей гостиной.flac
- Talk Talk - Цвет весны - Жизнь такая, какой ты ее делаешь.flac
- Rammstein - Сделано в Германии - Rus.flac
- The Temper Trap - Условия - Sweet Dispositions.mp3
- Ошова - Десятка лучших - Lively.mp3

Комментарий к сетевому трафику:
на основе моего брандмауэра hiby R6 gen 3 отправляет постоянные данные на ulogs.umeng.com (Китай), ulogs.umengcloud.com (Сингапур), график. accountkit.com (похоже на facebook, но на нем нет приложения), beacons4.gvt2.com (похоже, принадлежит google). otaserver.hiby.com (Китай), android.bugly.qq.com (Сингапур). Я просто заблокировал их и использую Wi-Fi только при необходимости. это, конечно, ограничивает такие функции, как MSEB онлайн.
Что можете сказать о звуке в АкЛИАМ ПД4? Как он в сравнении с r6pro?)) Или с чем-то другим в сравнении)

Apr 13, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #76,283 of 100,541
Following up with DT200:

I forgot to turn off DAP with music going on with DT200 last night, so it shall have clocked well over 6 hours on her.

▶︎MRSP$149.99 (Currently $67 at Audiosense Official AE Store) highly recommended ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Spec : 14Ω /99db
2 Knowles: BASS + Full Range
Audio Grade Film Capacitor👀👍
▶︎As usual geek’s personal purchase out of curiosity

▶︎Ear Tip roll ended on Moondrop’s SpringTips

Timbre Impression:
Top Note: Gently focused upper mid, very clear and spot-on imaging
Middle Note: Surprisingly neutral-ish treble with great resolution and very wide visibility all the way topping the sky
Bottom Note: Deep and well-textured sub-bass, natural and high in energy

This 2BA IEM comes with “wow, this thing has got amazing timbre!” unexpectedly great timbre. Same impression which I had with See Audio Bravery.

I was curious how a 2BA would compete with bigger engine ones, and I feel comfortable that DT200 is very respectable IEM with sophisticated tuning and again I need to stress out, Softears RSV’s Treble BA like very agreeable detail articulations.

Since I haven’t tried all test tracks, it may be a bit of a premature feedback, however from current experience, I’m having a very positive one. It also has great amount of Air that to some may sound a bit emphasized when compared to a perfectly neutral target, I personal like this coloration.

Tonal Balance:
Slightly vocal-focused neutral, with slight sound imaging edge treatment, just a thin slice off from DT200 to sound harsh, so the imaging capabilities is sharp and clear.

You can see a capacitor is situated where DD supposed to sit if this was a hybrid.
592B5334-5867-45B6-BB36-AB98B44D2783.jpeg2E97BBDE-D1B3-48D7-912C-1CDD94B3437C.jpegDAF10FDD-BC10-48B2-94AD-7AC3F4603222.jpeg

The tonal approach is different from U12t, as DT200 is clearly a spot-on imaging focus designed to hit 3khz vs 3khz dipping style u12t, however overall energy balance is pretty close.

Neutral with sub-bass boost may be a good phrase in describing the tonality.
DD6EB8BD-2AEC-4ABA-BFB3-8B22B8C4446C.png

Overall: For $67 price tag, oh boy….Just get and try it yourself, it’s worth it👍
A like is not enough for this post, many thanks @AmericanSpirit, just pulled the trigger! Audiosense goodness at this price is complete madness. Plus the tunning seems up my alley and I don't have a low count BA - all BA set, this will be it. I know there are some 1 BA sets out there but those I've looked at seem to be too much of a compromise from their FR. This one just looks great!

Also interested to checkout the good timbre you mentioned, always a consideration about BA sets. I wonder if less BAs mean better timbre (less "BA timbre"), or if BAs have just evolved to sound better (likely both).

Apr 13, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #76,284 of 100,541
A like is not enough for this post, many thanks @AmericanSpirit, just pulled the trigger! Audiosense goodness at this price is complete madness. Plus the tunning seems up my alley and I don't have a low count BA - all BA set, this will be it. I know there are some 1 BA sets out there but those I've looked at seem to be too much of a compromise from their FR. This one just looks great!

Also interested to checkout the good timbre you mentioned, always a consideration about BA sets. I wonder if less BAs mean better timbre (less "BA timbre"), or if BAs have just evolved to sound better (likely both).
Great!😆

Looking forward to hear your impression!

Yes, 2BA is a very unique one for me as well, my current take is “except layering, this is almost a perfectly tuned IEM that 2BA could reach thus far”. Same to Moondrop’s Droplet where I believe that’s the best a single BA could reach so far.

Yes, it‘s more natural sounding than digital BA timbre on DT200. Very competitive set to have. When compared to DT200, HEXA clearly indicate BA timbre on top-end, hope Truthear to learn from Audiosense in dealing with that for their future releases.

Apr 13, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #76,285 of 100,541
So...I am always the last to get to the party. Nevertheless it is what it is. So within two days I received the Simgot EA500 and the Penon Serial. The Simgot is fantastic and I have already commented on that....BUT.....some thoughts about the Penon which have about 20 hours of listen/burn-in. Lot's of credit to Penon, because somehow they make IEMs that have a truly 'Western' sound. The Penon Serial sounds like a cake, filled with cream, chocolate, raspberries and nuts. It has an unctuous analogue sound and designed for club style listening. Big spacious orchestras are not the target of these Serials. They are very personal, beautifully designed and 'rich' sounding. Me being an old 'analogue' soul, you can guess is in his element with these.

1681401782425.jpeg

Luckily a pair of the new Penon, Orange 15mm tips were included. Yes I have big ear-holes. Interestingly when Penon first started selling the OG Fan they came with a massive pair of 15mm tips, of which I managed to buy more from them.

1681402430423.jpeg

The great thing about the original Penon 15mm was the silicone dome was quite firm, held it's shape in ear, and resonated remarkable bass. The orange ones are more balanced, but still produce big bass.

Bass lines on the Penon are big, and vocal mids are buttery velvet. Highs are not tech at all, but still are there but with thicker notes. The Simgot EA 500 for example, or any other 'technical' set would have sparkle and triangle, tinkling like sounds, in the mix. The Serial sounds like it was designed in the 1980's and is turntable analogue in sound. I like them a lot and for vocal, close, music would be the number one choice...anywhere. The Penon large orange eartips are based on the realisation that some people have big old ear-holes and are a great addition to their range. Big up Penon for realizing this.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #76,286 of 100,541
So...I am always the last to get to the party. Nevertheless it is what it is. So within two days I received the Simgot EA500 and the Penon Serial. The Simgot is fantastic and I have already commented on that....BUT.....some thoughts about the Penon which have about 20 hours of listen/burn-in. Lot's of credit to Penon, because somehow they make IEMs that have a truly 'Western' sound. The Penon Serial sounds like a cake, filled with cream, chocolate, raspberries and nuts. It has an unctuous analogue sound and designed for club style listening. Big spacious orchestras are not the target of these Serials. They are very personal, beautifully designed and 'rich' sounding. Me being an old 'analogue' soul, you can guess is in his element with these.

1681401782425.jpeg

Luckily a pair of the new Penon, Orange 15mm tips were included. Yes I have big ear-holes. Interestingly when Penon first started selling the OG Fan they came with a massive pair of 15mm tips, of which I managed to buy more from them.

1681402430423.jpeg

The great thing about the original Penon 15mm was the silicone dome was quite firm, held it's shape in ear, and resonated remarkable bass. The orange one are more balanced, but still produce big bass.

Bass lines on the Penon are big, and vocal mids are buttery velvet. Highs are not tech at all, but still are there but with thicker notes. The Simgot EA 500 for example, or any other 'technical' set would have sparkle and triangle, tinkling like sounds, in the mix. The Serial sounds like it was designed in the 1980's and is turntable analogue in sound. I like them a lot and for vocal, close, music would be the number one choice...anywhere. The Penon large orange eartips are based on the realisation that some people have big old ear-holes and are a great addition to their range. Big up Penon for realizing this.
Welcome to the Serial, unique IEM that sits in top 3 of my collection 😁

DSCF2246.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #76,287 of 100,541
Что можете сказать о звуке в АкЛИАМ ПД4? Как он в сравнении с r6pro?)) Или с чем-то другим в сравнении)
Last time when I replied using DeepL in Russian, I got contact by Mod that Head-fi is English-only, so the posts will be deleted.

I‘d suggest you to translate that russian into Engliah and re-post, before your posts get moderated🤔

Apr 13, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #76,289 of 100,541
They may be old news and struggling to compete with the ChiFi offerings, despite having many of the ChiFi offerings, guess what I have in my ears now.

My five year old 18+ Pro :)
The old af UE IEM's compete right alongside the newer Chi-fi offerings. Barely a back seat if any.

Apr 13, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #76,290 of 100,541

I've had the DT200 for a while myself and I'm happy to report that I love it, too. It's great, especially at that kind of discount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back