The discovery thread!
Jan 15, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #71,176 of 98,010
If my Chinese is still right it appears droplet is a single fullrange BA it seems? Hmm another ED29689🤔 Sounds like 25-35USD offering.

nvm OCR technology works great thesedays.

•Water Drop adopts a specially customized full-frequency catheterless moving iron unit. Thanks to the characteristics of the moving iron unit, there are no additional openings in the whole cavity, which can greatly reduce external noise and get an immersive audio-visual experience.

So that catheterless part = no sound guide tube, I guess, could sound more natural then.

Only concern is the shape of the shell. I sometime use those bullet type sleeping buds and often ending up having those underneath my body when I wake up. Those shape could hurt😅
sleeping with this on will rip your bedsheets and pillows

Jan 15, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #71,177 of 98,010
I have been on the edge of trying to write a more full review for a while, the pressure has been to much so I haven't done it for years. Still did think I can give a not so important item my first go, English is second language so its probably some bad grammar and typos. Was not supposed to review the Sea-elf, still its a good practice IEM that very few people own. Here goes :relaxed:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hakugei-sea-elf.26295/reviews#review-30006
Great!
It’s always nice to see owner’s voice from their hard earned money paid.

If you feel in need to translate any language, here is a great german translation service that does a lot better than google/apple😁

https://www.deepl.com/translator-mobile

There are two ways;

1: Write up the contents with raw English ▶︎convert into your native language with DeepL
2: Modify the contents in your native language
▶︎reconvert into English (grammars & typo will be auto corrected)
3: Check to see if final product is what you meant

or
simply write up original content in your native language, then use DeepL to convert into any language. It’s very useful and I use it for both private and work✌️

Anyway, great input for Sea-self!

Example of above sentence going through DeepL’s Natural Language Processor↓

Wonderful.
It is a pleasure to hear the owner's voice.

If you feel in need to translate any language, here is a great German translation service that does it much better than Google / Apple.
There are two ways to do this.

1: Write up your content in raw English ▶︎ Convert it to your native language at DeepL
2: Modify the content written in your native language
Convert it to the English version (grammar and typos will be corrected automatically)
3: Check if the finished product is what you intended

Or
Just convert what you wrote in your native language at DeepL. This is very useful and I use it for both my private and professional life✌️.

Anyway, great input to Sea-self!

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #71,178 of 98,010
Here is my humble opinion about the fantastic BQEYZ Winter.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/bqeyz-winter.26039/reviews#review-30008

BQEYZ Winter 27_r.jpg

Jan 15, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #71,180 of 98,010
Cable seems non-detachable. But anyways, I do think there are probably gonna be compromises for a single BA transducer - namely:
1) Inadequate extension in sub-bass and/or higher treble - there's only so much a single BA can cover without crossovers/other drivers picking up the slack.
2) BA timbre.
3) Possibly weaker technicalities than a multi driver set at the same price.

So in essence, you are combining the weaknesses of a single driver and a BA setup in a single BA IEM, but I do hope it turns out good.
Moondrop Click is very decent: clean, powerful and energy-efficient.

KBear Neon was a good interesting experience for me recently, as my first single-BA exposure, minus the fit, amazingly revealing of the source and no crossovers as distractions (before I was avoiding single BAs given their perceived limitations).

I feel Moondrop Droplet is aiming at Etymothic-Apple dongle all-in-one experience, the single unit likely includes an impedance adapter in the cable or DAC.

Love the name and design aesthetics, just the Moondrop logo I enjoy contemplating - very Zen for me.

So if below $50-60 - I will go for the Droplet just for the experince, since I was very happy to see that it is a BA-based.

My resolution not to buy any DDs is more than three months and holding!

My resolution not to buy from AE due to debilitating experience with their shipping through the NL post (do insert your good expletives for the full perception of my narrative) is much weaker - good cables, and tips.

For the tips - again, TRI Clarion made so much difference for me , while Moondrop Spring tips had much more limited impact starting from being more narrow bore and more constraining overall - nice parasol easthetics though :)

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #71,181 of 98,010
These guys make very good IEMs, they are audio enthusiasts, like you and me, and our very own, @tgx78 and @RikudouGoku, they all deserve our support.

They have bought and heard various IEMs, now they make them by hand, use good quality components and tune them to the highest standard. Their earphones are not the lowest priced sets but may be some of the best value for money on the basis of sound/price. This is from my ears, I paid for mine set, and I am saving up for the next set.

Yes, 2man operation it seems. Nicholas(Singapore) as the business operation, Abel(China) as the craftsman.

It’s purely handmade from the scratch it seems.

I’d like to share the workshop photos and crafting process.( click on user name of the quote, pictures are in attachment of that post)
I just bought the Impact to try and to support a wonderful company.

Just sharing pictures of the craftsman @ Aur Audio. On the FB group page you can see more pictures. It's amazing the quality that goes into these IEMs. Not factory built and quality control is top notch.

The sets I order had a QC issue so before they sent to me they fixed the issue and though it added more the built time, it's better to wait. Then to recieve something broken *cough* Yume II.

Abel & Nicolas will not send anything out that has QC issues & that's the benefit of a small boutique brand. They put their heart, soul, & effort into it.

In other product world, this level of “haute couture” workshops are extremely high-end, due to the limited production capabilities. The asking price is only a fractions of margin on top of bare costs, usually those high-end charges 100%-1000% of the bare costs, very respectable craftsmanship and honest offering.

If I’m seeing same haute couture sports car being priced, probably couple of million of dollars they will charge🤔

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #71,182 of 98,010
Moondrop Click is very decent: clean, powerful and energy-efficient.

KBear Neon was a good interesting experience for me recently, as my first single-BA exposure, minus the fit, amazingly revealing of the source and no crossovers as distractions (before I was avoiding single BAs given their perceived limitations).

I feel Moondrop Droplet is aiming at Etymothic-Apple dongle all-in-one experience, the single unit likely includes an impedance adapter in the cable or DAC.

Love the name and design aesthetics, just the Moondrop logo I enjoy contemplating - very Zen for me.

So if below $50-60 - I will go for the Droplet just for the experince, since I was very happy to see that it is a BA-based.

My resolution not to buy any DDs is more than three months and holding!

My resolution not to buy from AE due to debilitating experience with their shipping through the NL post (do insert your good expletives for the full perception of my narrative) is much weaker - good cables, and tips.

For the tips - again, TRI Clarion made so much difference for me , while Moondrop Spring tips had much more limited impact starting from being more narrow bore and more constraining overall - nice parasol easthetics though :)
My Neon go through sunyou logistic which have 1 star review on google, yeah i'm currently experienced the extreme laggg
Edit: yeah my internet lag out, sorry haha
Sunyou web still haven't update anything for like 3 weeks, even tho i'm like 2000km away, well

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #71,183 of 98,010
My Neon go through sunyou logistic which have 1 star review on google, yeah i'm currently experienced the extreme laggg
Edit: yeah my internet lag out, sorry haha
Sunyou web still haven't update anything for like 3 weeks, even tho i'm like 2000km away, well
Neon benefits from recabling if EQ didn’t fit to your needs, hope to hear from you about Neon😄

Jan 15, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #71,184 of 98,010
Why would you want 10k peak. It overloads the treble region and destroys the 3D illusion of the soundstage
After some observation, these 9-10k peak bring load and load of detail and the most important thing of them all, splashy cymbal (which will make music more lively if it done well). Also one iem can actually create that fake 3d soundstage by accurately placing different instrument in a correct place aka razor sharp imaging, but again, if it done well!

Jan 15, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #71,185 of 98,010
Neon benefits from recabling if EQ didn’t fit to your needs, hope to hear from you about Neon😄
Neon will be my go to ultimate "oh are you saying something" type of iem so it's fine
I probably have to buy hexa anyway (doesn't seem like they will discount during Lunar New year but i'm waiting for it). I have heard the blessing 2 which is like love the first sight, so the lack of brightness /neutral-ness (i think i use the word right?) in Hexa might not up there. Anyway it been a long time since i hear one so it should be fine.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #71,186 of 98,010
Neon will be my go to ultimate "oh are you saying something" type of iem so it's fine
I probably have to buy hexa anyway (doesn't seem like they will discount during Lunar New year but i'm waiting for it). I have heard the blessing 2 which is like love the first sight, so the lack of brightness /neutral-ness (i think i use the word right?) in Hexa might not up there. Anyway it been a long time since i hear one so it should be fine.
Great!

You may give another 3month and Truthear may come up with flagship offering,

From my observation of their product launch tendency, they are constantly offering products every quarters.

Zero 07-2022
Hexa 11-2022
Shio/Hola 1-2023

I’m expecting something around April and May for their new offer, and from looking at their product line, they lack of flagship level at this moment.

So year, maybe?
As an established brand, regardless of any industry they need iconic flagship, like Nissan’s GTR, something that represents the best of brand’s offer and its highest reachable point, that defines the volume zone product’s goodwill. If Truthear has this concept they probably would pursue a very high-performing IEM at a lower (30% or more) cost than current already competitive offerings

As Truthear is obviously a cost-initiative competitor, their flagship model may be something that knocks door for kilo-buck flagships, and if that happen, it will be very interesting event for 2023.

P.S.

For HEXA, Feaulle’s Latex H570 ear tip Is highly recommended. It doesn’t interfere any outlet sound and delivers high authenticity of HEXA’s performance at its best. It also creates a perfect bass echo camber inside your ear canal.

5110C0BB-A4E0-420B-A0D2-F9095A825A58.jpeg
55A7E4EE-300C-4A93-AAF5-FC0C63E9234E.jpeg

I just tried FiiO’s HS18 on HEXA and it was a bad match.

HEXA and H570 ear tip is a golden match, it’s not fully HRTF dependent combination, so I can recommend this pair unconditionally to anyone.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #71,187 of 98,010
You could also wait for some used HEXA.

Jan 15, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #71,188 of 98,010
You could also wait for some used HEXA.
Right, the bass floor of HEXA is very flat (with some sub-bass lift) of which many would prefer higher floor like ZERO’s. I can see some may willing to sell HEXA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back