The discovery thread!
Dec 9, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #61,112 of 100,658
Only way to keep people honest is to invade their privacy and monitor their social network
Buddy, when you write your review, and you want us to "invade your privacy", please report it separately. Until then, can you stop your leftist chatter? This is not a meeting. This is about headphones, not people. Moreover, the labels on people here do not cling. IMHO.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #61,114 of 100,658
Buddy, when you write your review, and you want us to "invade your privacy", please report it separately. Until then, can you stop your leftist chatter? This is not a meeting. This is about headphones, not people. Moreover, the labels on people here do not cling. IMHO.

Thank you Vladimir, well said.

All of this makes me wonder how many people seriously consider what they are talking about.

If it is about whether a review published is truthful or not, ask (a fair sample of) those who bought the item to evaluate what has been published. We are all in the same boat, like most of us, I buy audio gear based on what someone else has said.

If someone has been dishonest in some way, the accusation should be CLEARLY STATED, so the accused can CLEARLY DEFEND THEMSELVES. Ensure you include the date, the event of which you are aggrieved and link to the evidence. Until then you have the worse state of affairs, MUD SLINGING which is based on the most spurious claims, such as:

* I do not like people who use unnecessary words.

* The marks given by some people is too high.

* The gear is too expensive.

* They must be shilling because what I like is cheaper, therefore better, even though I have not heard what has been reviewed and note, neither has the reviewer heard your wonderful gear, and might just agree with you had they heard what you have heard, but unlike you, they would not comment on what they have not heard.

* It is a subjective hobby when You say so, anything someone else says must be objectively evaluated [sorry if I used words that will upset someone].

I would like to think I have been polite and fair to everyone, but if not let me know.

As @Vladimir 198 suggested, just wait until unclear and unsubstantiated allegations are thrown at you by insinuation.

The basis for allegations could lie somewhere with remote connection or indeed no connection to the truth but the result serves its Vindictive purpose.

It is not over yet, I DO NOT RUN AWAY FROM ANY FIGHT ESPECIALLY A FIGHT FOR THE TRUTH. Yes, I am shouting (capital letters) and I should stop shouting, my apologies to the decent folk. I am waiting for clear allegations to which I can respond, not simply that someone does not like excessive verbiage, or marks which are too high, or the fact a reviewer did not say they used a dongle DAC (even though they do use a dongle DAC).

I am here to clear my name and I would do what is necessary to clear my name, mark my words!

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #61,115 of 100,658
To Admistrators:

Please do not see this as a pointless argument which must be removed to make peace. This is a fundamental question of transparency and truthfulness which must be aired not brushed under the carpet.

It is mud slinging which must stop or accusations must be clear, otherwise you get this over and over again.

For my part I would rather deal with this in the open just like the insinuations.

Dec 9, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #61,117 of 100,658
Oh my. Just avoid pretending overpriced stuff and biased opinions don't exist. We are here because of community feedback
Who is pretending about what?

Name names and state things clearly, one cannot simply say someone is pretending whilst they couch such allegations in general terms. Come out and say it.

In any case, what may be overpriced to you and me may not be to someone else.

More importantly why throw mud at a reviewer!

Dec 9, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #61,118 of 100,658
Who is pretending about what?

Name names and state things clearly, one cannot simply say someone is pretending whilst they couch such allegations in general terms. Come out and say it.

In any case, what may be overpriced to you and me may not be to someone else.

More importantly why throw mud at a reviewer!
Yeah, throw a mud is unnecessary and disrespectful. Ideally, others reviews should expose a biased, too positive one. No need for mud (unfortunately, very expensive stuff are, in most cases, influencers only opinions)

Dec 9, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #61,119 of 100,658
Yeah, throw a mud is unnecessary and disrespectful. Ideally, others reviews should expose a biased, too positive one. No need for mud (unfortunately, very expensive stuff are, in most cases, influencers only opinions)
Thank you for the polite and positive response. I appreciate your very mature response.

I understand you, but I take issue with two things:

1. As far as I am concerned any opinion about an audio gear is a review because we influence each other. This is why anyone looking to buy must read multiple views.

2. "Too positive", may be a question of style, not all of us can get away with kicking or pushing stuff of a desk, also a question of style. That takes a special person. Surely the real issue is whether a positive review is a truthful review.

I understand that only a few people may have access to the more expensive stuff, which means not many can evaluate what has been said.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #61,120 of 100,658

Do you expect people hire lawyers - that would be immediately required, if to try to go along your lines?
Or is it some attempt on silencing any critique by burdening it with the long list of suggested requirements?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #61,121 of 100,658
Do you expect people hire lawyers - that would be immediately required, if to try to go along your lines
Or is it some attempt on silencing any critique by burdening it with the long list of suggested requirements?
All I want is the truth, who, what, when, how....and point to the post in question.

Otherwise you can tell me I am a shill when you in fact came to me on the KZ thread to ask me to compare the TRI I3s to the MT300. You bought the TRI I3 and I asked you if you liked them. You said you did. Unfortunately, the cable connection fell out. You said to me it was not a QC issue but a design flaw caused by the change from MMCX toTwo-pin. I said have a chat with the representative. You did and it all went pear shaped. I tried to make peace and it fell apart.

Since then, even though I thought we had mended bridges, you have days when you attack (don't worry I know you like the reputation). I even thought I like this guy (not in that way...lets keep it clean 🙃).

The issue is that people who do not know the back story then get a different impression when anything I write Mr. Righteous comes along making a virtue out of the item being more expensive than KZ. I avoided the issue numerous times, now the impression given is taking a different turn.

I am not sure which Phonophi we are getting today, the reasonable or the acerbic. Put simply what I want is the truth. If you don't say what you have against me, the impression is that I am.busy doing something improper. For someone who is not rich because I spend my time fighting for those who cannot afford to pay a fortune, I find it unacceptable.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #61,122 of 100,658
All I want is the truth, who, what, when, how....and point to the post in question.

Otherwise you can tell me I am a shill when you in fact came to me on the KZ thread to ask me to compare the TRI I3s to the MT300. You bought the TRI I3 and I asked you if you liked them. You said you did. Unfortunately, the cable connection fell out. You said to me it was not a QC issue but a design flaw caused by the change from MMCX toTwo-pin. I said have a chat with the representative. You did and it all went pear shaped. I tried to make peace and it fell apart.

Since then, even though I thought we had mended bridges, you have days when you attack (don't worry I know you like the reputation). I even thought I like this guy (not in that way...lets keep it clean 🙃).

The issue is that people who do not know the back story then get a different impression when anything I write Mr. Righteous comes along making a virtue out of the item being more expensive than KZ. I avoided the issue numerous times, now the impression given is taking a different turn.

I am not sure which Phonophi we are getting today, the reasonable or the acerbic. Put simply what I want is the truth. If you don't say what you have against me, the impression is that I am.busy doing something improper. For someone who is not rich because I spend my time fighting for those who cannot afford to pay a fortune, I find it unacceptable.
I am not sure why you opted to go personal, I will leave it with your karma...

In your terms, if you can point out exactly where I tried to accuse you of anything - please cite it clearly and I will apologize for what could be inappropriate.

I am sorry in advance that I like KZ (so poorly treated by the reviewers...), that I found the Apple dongle to be a very capable DAC, and that Zishan Z4 worked so well for me :)

Dec 9, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #61,123 of 100,658
I am not sure why you opted to go personal, I will leave it with your karma...

In your terms, if you can point out exactly where I tried to accuse you of anything - please cite it clearly and I will apologize for what could be inappropriate.

I am sorry in advance that I like KZ (so poorly treated by the reviewers...), that I found the Apple dongle to be a very capable DAC, and that Zishan Z4 worked so well for me :)

Personal? That I thought I like this guy?

Seriously, you do not need to apologise to me (even if it is tongue in cheek) not least for what you like.

I just do not want a reputation for something I do not deserve, if I deserve it, I want it to be justified. The truth is all I ask, if you feel I have done something wrong which has to be brought to open forum then I would prefer that it is spelt out not insinuated so everyone knows.

Sorry if you thought I went personal, I am not looking for blood, or for anything that damages someone else, just the truth. I hope you see my point of view.

If you agree, we close this matter here and anything else can be dealt with privately, including which dongle is better.

To all, I apologise that it went to this extent. I think it is only fair that people target reviews by commenting on the accuracy of what is said in the comment section of the review.

Dec 9, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #61,124 of 100,658
is this pointless and lame conversation about reviewers over yet? Call me when we start talking the latest gear again. I'll be asleep in the corner.

Dec 9, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #61,125 of 100,658
is this pointless and lame conversation about reviewers over yet? Call me when we start talking the latest gear again. I'll be asleep in the corner.
On budget section, KZ ZEX Pro reviews is out.
Good FR, great bass, good mids, kinda off at Treble.

Now we wait for CCA CRA which promises super extended treble or something
11632325.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back